Half Marathon Trainers

8.4 miles today (Read 242 times)

Greetings everyone! I have hit a high tonight! I ran for 8.4 miles (my longest before was 8.0). Even though I didn't beat my record by much, it's a different high I'm talking about. For the first time this summer, er, well, ever in my life, I can actually visualize running 13.1 miles! It's the strangest feeling. For anyone who looks at my training log, I have to admit, I've been slipping on my weekly runs. I do have a couple of excuses: 1) It's inventory time at work and I'm required to put in extra time 2) I have fallen in love with mountain biking and have been riding to and from work 3) I pull myself out of bed any earlier to go for a run and still have time to bike to work That's all I can think of right now. I'm sure there are more. More importantly, after tonight's run, I am refocusing on my running. Thanks for the ear (eye). I love this website!!!!!! Big grin
    "Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways.... totally worn out ....shouting...."Holy S**t....What a ride!"
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yay, that is so cool, Rob! I am nearing the point where I can visualize the HM, but I have a feeling it won't be until after I have run my 10mi. race...'cause I'm a chicken! Wink k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

Go get 'em! Big grin You can do anything you put your mind to!

Roads were made for journeys...

Janell, both you and Kirsten have awesome looking training logs! You will both do awesome!!! There is still plenty of time. My HM is in 1 month, 17 days, 10 hours, 52 minutes and 14, 13, 12 seconds...but who's counting? (Actually, a buddy of mine sent me to www.timeleft.info to download a countdown calander that is always on my computer screen. It's pretty neat and a way to stay motivated) Oh, by the way, my half is Oct 8th so you still have 3 weeks more than I do. Like I said, you are both doing awesome!
          "Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways.... totally worn out ....shouting...."Holy S**t....What a ride!"