Half Marathon Trainers

Fall 2019 Half Marathons (Read 12 times)

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Pretty quiet here lately so I'll toss this out. Anyone around readying for some fall racing? Smile

I've got Queen City Marathon half (Sept 08), Flatlanders 25k (Oct 5, my first race beyond a half) and Niagara Falls Half (Oct19).

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Hello,

I have a Half Marathon Sept. 8th - Harrisburg Half Marathon in PA.  Hope to sub 2.

an amazing likeness

Thanks for starting something up in here, Meg. We've lost our mojo somewhere along the way...Right now, I've got 3 or 4 fall halfs in the pipeline...

White Mountain Milers' Half in North Conway NH (Sept 21)

Maine Marathon...half, full or team relay...TBD (Oct 6)

Moose Pond Half in Bridgton ME (Nov 2)

Seacoast Half in Portsmouth NH ( Nov 10)

...but, on July 6th I partially tore a hamstring muscle at the tendon attachment point, and haven't been able to run more than 1mi yet. Can walk ok, and can usually work in some walk/jog segments and get 5 or 6miles running in a workout. So...none of those are guaranteed to actually happen.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Ouch, MT! Do you know what caused it? Good luck with continued recovery! Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

That sounds awful MT. I'm dealing with pain but nothing that has forced me to stop yet.

I'm hoping/planning to run a half in Europe in October, but I've neither decided which one nor booked flights yet. After that I don't have a solid plan, but there is a local race in December that has 5/10/21/30/42k options, so I might try 30k.

25k sounds interesting and the Niagara Falls race looks great. Doesn't that cross the border?

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Niagara Falls half doesn't cross. The full does; you have to take your passport to the race expo the day before and get cleared by customs.

https://niagarafallsmarathon.com/half-marathon/

Half Fanatic #9292. 

jeffdonahue

Okay, MT"s injury makes my sciatic pain sound like a stubbed toe.

I have the Cambridge Half (MA) on November 2nd but may have to try to find another race because we redid our kitchen this year and apparently my wife has signed us up to be on the "Kitchen Tour" which happens to fall on the same day.  So instead of running I may be entertaining about a hundred people I dont know and showing them our new kitchen.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Broke my 2013 Race PR at Queen City Marathon.

Need to work on my strength a bit, but I'm thrilled to have run my fastest QCM Half ever! Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Congrats, sounds like a good weekend of racing!

Broke my 2013 Race PR at Queen City Marathon.

Need to work on my strength a bit, but I'm thrilled to have run my fastest QCM Half ever! Smile

It's official, registered for Mallorca Half Marathon on October 13th!

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

It's official, registered for Mallorca Half Marathon on October 13th!

Spain? Wow!

Half Fanatic #9292.