Half Marathon Trainers

Winter/Year End 2017 (Read 12 times)

hog4life

Thanks MT, and wow, what a year!

Here's what I will leave for the last day of 2017.....

50k's suck! LOL. I have one more in January to complete this challenge, then I think I'm done with them. I just don't run enough miles to support the distance. Today was 25 degrees with a feels like 12 at start time. Then it warmed up to 30 degrees with a feels like 19. I wore 2 shirts with a jacket, running pants over my shorts, skull cap and gloves. The course was a 1 mile out-and-back, then 10 loops of a 3 mile course, totaling about 3300' of elevation. Each loop had about 350' of climb, and it was all on one hill that was about 1/4 mile long. I didn't see too many people running up it! My watch had a time of 6:21, but the official time was 7:01. After 4 loops, everything I had on was soaking wet, so I changed shirts, jacket, gloves, and hat. And again in about 3-4 loops, I was soaking wet again. The wind was blowing so hard, that I stayed warmer by walking. It's crazy that I lost about 40 minutes just from changing clothes 3 times, lol. Maybe I should have dressed a little lighter, idk!

Happy New Year everyone. 1044 miles for the year, and injury free.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Sounds like a tough one! I don't know what mileage you need to support 50K, but I know I'm not there.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.