Half Marathon Trainers

Intrepid Racers - June 2nd & 3rd (Read 270 times)

an amazing likeness

With June, we hit a fairly light section of our HMT race calendar....but as time marches steadily onward into summer, the racing continues! 

Good luck, fleet feet and following winds to all our trainers and racers - have fun! *

************This week and weekend*******************

06/03 Gville Kevin - Sprint for Monroe 5K, Monroe, CT

06/03 Milktruck - Iron Horse Half, Simsbury, CT

* (c) 2012 ILF

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

CT weather looking pretty good for Sunday...no rain until afternoon, and relatively cool - 55 wakeup, 73 high, light winds...good racing weather! Good luck at Simsbury!

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
      We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes
        Good luck to both of you!

Thanks. 17:42. 5OA, 1AG. Not the 17:30 I wanted, but 4 sec PR so can't be mad. Was a fun time.

an amazing likeness

I wouldn't have believed it if I didn't experience it, Kevin -- but the weather was amazing...bright sunshine and high 60s, while just a few hundred miles in northern New England, we've had days of rain and 6" in the last two days.

Ran a 1:40:12-ish today at Iron Horse half, about 60 - 70 seconds off what I wanted. Went through 10 miles about 1 second over my 10mi PR, but had to choose to back it down for the final 5K, the temps had climbed to 70s, and I was fighting a bum leg causing calf cramping.  Finished about #130 of 1,050 or so.

Nice race...well organized, with a beautiful course. Other than the early start, no complaints. I'd do this one again. 

HappyFeat

Well done, both of you!!

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

vegefrog

Great job guys!!!!

Well done, Milk Truck and Kevin!

Great times for both of you.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

an amazing likeness

Thanks. 17:42. 5OA, 1AG. Not the 17:30 I wanted, but 4 sec PR so can't be mad...

Wow, that is really haulin' the mail. Great time! Congrats on the PR, and the AG win. Well earned. Bravo!

Wow, that is really haulin' the mail. Great time! Congrats on the PR, and the AG win. Well earned. Bravo!

Thanks, Andy! That's a lot better than my wife's (sarcastic) response...."Lemme get this straight - you ran about 1800 miles in the last year, and you went a whole 9 seconds faster than last year at this race? Clap, clap."