Half Marathon Trainers

Tomorrow's GR weather forecast (Read 251 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

It stopped raining here during the night, and by dawn it was cold clear and breezy. Full sweatsuit and I could have used light gloves and something for my head other than the sweat band. A nice slowwwww easy run after too much time off and it was great!!!!!!!!!! Right now it is clear and very windy.

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yay, that sounds like a nice run! I'm definitely going to be wearing gloves...probably will ditch them at some point. I might just wear cheapie knit stretch ones and fling them off. Haven't decided what to do for headwear. I was going to wear a wicking baseball-type hat, but now I am thinking I might wear a fleece headband and then move it down around my neck if my head gets too warm. I have a really great wicking, stretchy hat thing that I love, but it doens't work well if I have my hair up in a ponytail. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay