Half Marathon Trainers

Wingz, how'd it go?? (Read 321 times)

Hey, wasn't today your HM?? How was it? Give us details!! Big grin
    So do not get tired and stop trying. - Hebrews 12:3
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

She rocked it--but I'll let her give you all the details! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Inquiring minds want to know...
        Cincinnati Flying Pig May 4
        Wingz

Professional Noob

Okay okay okay okay okay!!! I was going to wait for the official results. My watch had it at 2:59:46! I broke the three hour mark! I'm so impressed with myself! Big grin For those of you who didn't know, my original goal had been to get under 3:30. Two weeks ago I had a time trial run (10 mile "Virtual" race) that led me to think I could hit 3:10. Today? Just (barely) under 3:00. Cool I also managed to get a blister the size of Manhattan, do some new damage to my right knee (not the one that had the ACL surgery. I'll give it a few days and see if it gets better...), and every joint and muscle below the waist is saying that it hates me! LOL! I finally managed to run hard enough in a race to be sore! That's a new milestone for me too! And this afternoon I signed up for a 10K in November and a 14 mile trail race in early December. Um... like 6 weeks from now. Roll eyes Some people never learn! These races are for fun, now! I may train seriously, but I'm going to be having *fun* in races this next year... Yes Yep. Life is good. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go ice my knee (yet) again... Big grin

Roads were made for journeys...

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

:heart:

~ Sarah Kay

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO WTG!!!!!!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                Cincinnati Flying Pig May 4
                bas

Awww Right!! Awww Right!! Awww Right!! (quoting Mich Jagger, yes I'm that old) So your original goal was 3:30? Well, what can I say. You're heroic! Is there anything sweeter in running than finishing in just a little less time than half an hour faster than you only recently thought you could?? Congratulations!!! bas

52° 21' North, 4° 52' East

Way to go, Wingz!!!! Demolishing an expected goal is oh so sweet!

Go Pre!

Well done! Good luck in the upcoming races ... and as always ... Keep having FUN!!!
                        Awesome Wingz!! Congrats!
                        So do not get tired and stop trying. - Hebrews 12:3
                        Wingz

Professional Noob

Thanks, y'all. Big grin The official results are out. I came in 639/643. Not last! That was actually something I was concerned about, don'cha know! Chip time of 2:59:34, which is a pace of 13:48. Ha! That's faster than I ran my 10 miler for the Virtual race last month. Guess I wasn't properly motivated that time, since I was by myself... And everything's back to normal now. I swam on Monday, did an elliptical trainer yesterday, ran 3 miles on a treadmill today (so that I could stop easily if necessary) and everything seems to be in working order! Yay! The 10K's in 3 weeks, so I need to get back on the road pretty soon here! Toodles! Big grin

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hey, you broke 3 hours!!! WOOT!!! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

Big grin Cool