Half Marathon Trainers

First Half Marathon! (Read 931 times)

I'm runing in my first half marathon this saturday 9/9 the "Cheesehead Half Marathon " anyone have any advice?
      Enjoy the experience, don't worry so much about finishing time as just finishing, and get a free massage afterwards!
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

No advice, other than to have fun. Smile BTW, Cheeseheads are the BEST people on the planet! I know, 'cause I was born and raised one (moved across the lake when I was 20 and have been in MI for 13 years, now, but it's not nearly as cool as the great state of beer, cheese, and brats)! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

Enjoy the experience, don't worry so much about finishing time as just finishing, and get a free massage afterwards!
          Free massage? Did somebody say free massage? Where do I sign up?

Roads were made for journeys...

Wingz

Professional Noob

Good luck, Chris! Be sure to tell us how it went!

Roads were made for journeys...

they have free massages when you finish? I never heard about that Smile
              bas

they have free massages when you finish? I never heard about that Smile
                We have them here sometimes! Last year at the Ansterdam HM I had one, and it was great. It made it possible for me to ride my bike home... I hope they offer it again this year. About your HM: everything the others said, make sure you drink enough on the way. Good luck! Cheeseheads? De Ruyter? Sounds very Dutch to me Smile bas

52° 21' North, 4° 52' East

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Cheeseheads? De Ruyter? Sounds very Dutch to me Smile bas
                  Bas, email me harumph@gmail.com and I'll tell you my last name--it's about as Dutch as they come (though it's my married name. I don't think I have any Dutch blood, but I do have Swedish, Danish, Norwegian and Scot). Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

I'm 50% Dutch, my dad being 100% Smile And I just ran the Holland Fest run a couple of weeks ago in my home town Smile http://www.hollandfest.com
                      the great state of beer, cheese, and brats)!
                      I just ran the Brat Days run a couple weeks ago Big grin the only run that I know of where they give you a brat on a stick for finishing!
                      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I just ran the Brat Days run a couple weeks ago Big grin the only run that I know of where they give you a brat on a stick for finishing!
                        Hey, is that the 4 mile Brat Trot?! My brother and I are planning to do that together next year--the rest of the family will plan to do the fun walk. I am already totally psyched for that! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

Hey, is that the 4 mile Brat Trot?!
                          That's the one! Big grin I live in Sheboygan where Brat days is held..
                          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

That's the one! Big grin I live in Sheboygan where Brat days is held..
                            No way! How cool is that! I have used "Body by Johnsonville" as my ID on a message board or two...I seriously could live on those little suckers--just boiled up some in beer last night and grilled them tonite, as a matter of fact! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

My Cousin (who lives with me) works at Johnsonville Big grin so we eat alot of brats around here!
                                oops.. I accidentaly typed my message into what was supposed to be a quote... lol