Half Marathon Trainers

September is here! (Read 30 times)

Taper madness mode here. Running less than my plan says, because Hansons doesn't have much of a taper at all and I felt like I needed more. Already my hips feel less tight, although the one that hurts still hurts a bit. But I have a range of motion that I haven't had in months. One more week to go!

And the weather forecast calls for summer temps to be back by race day. 

I am so with you on the taper madness Zelanie! I'm having a hard time holding back my running. I'm not sure that feeling good is a good sign or not.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

2 lovely miles this morning before work.  I have really been taking it easy this week to recover while still trying to keep my streak going.  Just wasn't feeling it.  Tired and not sleeping well so decided go with how I felt.  Lowest weekly mileage I have had in awhile, but I still broke 100mi for the month so I am happy.

Zel & Pam - You will be awesome!  Hang in there with the taper.

Run, Walk, Crawl, just Finish.

HF # 1189

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Yesterday it was 27*C or 80*F on my run.  Current temp outside 9*C or 48*F with 93% humidity and high forecast 14*C or 49*F.  Plus 29kph wind. That is quite the flip. I'm sure my run will be fine later, but I'm waiting in hopes it warms up something.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

hog4life

Meg, those temp swings are in sane!!

What is this taper madness you speak of? Lol.

I just ordered a Garmin 310XT. The 205 has bit the dust.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Insane is one way to put it. We're now at 8*C or 48*F with 16kph wind and some rain still on and off. It's not going to be perfect, but I'm concerned I haven't done enough long run miles between my last race and the one coming up next weekend. (I didn't get the miles last weekend. Trying not to freak out.)

Half Fanatic #9292. 

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Great run! Yay! 9.50 miles complete! 

Half Fanatic #9292. 

hog4life

Woohoo Meg, WTG!

9.05 miles this evening.

Docket_Rocket

6 miles solo.  We are back in the 90s.  Hoping for some 80s during my LR so as not to go on the TM tomorrow.

Barbs, nice 2.

Meg, that IS quite a flip.  Nice 9.50.

Nice 9ish, Mitch.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Ran 20 miles with the last 10 @ MP + 10% yesterday.  Weather was hot and super humid again (heat index 90-95F, 78 dewpoint) so I was surprised I hit MP + 20 seconds, Oops.

I am tapering.  Tonight, it's a 6 miler.  I cannot wait to rest a bit.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Easy run/walk this morning

Day off from the office

99.5 miles this month (going to get that 100 mile goal tomorrow)

Woot!

Recalculating...

Slow 3 yesterday. and another 3 this morning a little faster.  Humidity was sneaking back in today.

Great miles this weekend for everyone.

Meg - you have some of the craziest weather ever!

Run, Walk, Crawl, just Finish.

HF # 1189

an amazing likeness

Meg's heat arrived in Maine Saturday...84F for a new high temp record.

In running news, I'm only 98.5 miles behind the pace bunny for my Sept goal, I better get working on that....

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Busy week at work, with us finishing the 2014 fiscal year yesterday.  I cannot complain; last year we had a government shutdown but this year it all worked out nicely and we ended up purchasing equipment and stuff we have been unable to due to the government freeze.  I did 6 miles on Monday, Pilates yesterday.  Today, I have 7 miles after work.

ayola, nice mileage for the month.

Barbs, nice 3.

milktruck, work with the bunny.  FYI, I wish our high was below 84F.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

an amazing likeness

Bunny won September by 90 miles...but I'm winning for the year over the persistent little thing.  Leg injury was also persistent. Ran fewest monthly miles in the past 18 months; Sept goes into the books as a pretty tough month running-wise. It's time to move on.

Leg is improving and despite no good training base I may run a half this weekend...will leave it to a game-day decision.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Half Fanatic #9292.