Half Marathon Trainers

Intrepid Racers Jan 12 - 13 (Read 79 times)

an amazing likeness

After a few weeks of downtime, we’re back to the racing events. Welcome to the first ‘Intrepid Racers’ for 2013!

Leading off this week, and for the year, Docket_Rocket is headed to Florida Disney for the Disney World half marathon, the front half of the famous “Goofy Challenge” (half on Saturday, full on Sunday). With a start time of 5:30AM Saturday morning (Shocked) might as well just stay up all night. Still shooting for a PR, Docket ?

(As usual, there will be a heck of a group of RA runners in Orlando this weekend as all the snowbird northern runners wimp out from winter and then complain about the FL temps being too warm.)

On Sunday Bobev tackles the 3M Half in Austin (keepin’ it weird), in a stand-alone half known for its point-to-point course which lends itself to fast times. At 6,500 runners and only the half marathon distance, this looks like a great target race Bob.

Jan

Docket_Rocket

Disneyworld   Half

13.1 mi

Orlando, FL

Jan

bobev

3M Half

13.1 mi

Austin (keepin it weird), TX

Wishing our racers fleet feet, calm winds and hassle free race mornings in your events. Go get ‘em!

Skimming the January thread, looks like lots of folks are at the early stages of training plans…along the way it's easy to loose sight that the goal of a training plan is to arrive at race day as prepared as you can be, not to execute the training plan itself. The plan isn’t the goal, it’s the path to the goal.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Good luck folks!

Bobev - you've done this one before right?

DR - Go for it. I am sure you will have a blast and... what an awesome achievement when you are done!

2017 Goals
      1) Run more than 231 miles
      2) Be ready for  HM in the spring

Zelanie

Good luck to Damaris and Bob!

an amazing likeness

Ahem..Racers...hello...got results?  Don't make me log stalk you. Please.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Docket_Rocket

Hi, guys.  I did not shoot for a PR but instead chose to have fun with another forumite and push on the marathon the next day.  I did kill it on Sunday, if there is any consolation.

Sorry for my lateness!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

I can post pics later today.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

bad news to report about 3M - my first DNS. I got sick last Thur, head cold/flu/allergy - you pick. Since mostly in the head was going to get out there in my fav running weather, 35F, windy, sunny, but was achy when I got up at 5am with a bit of chest congestion starting up so thought better of it and got back into bed. Very disappointed so now looking to see which upcoming halves I want to sign up for.

Also have some other events - had prostate biopsy that came back negative so no caner induced yet by age, Agent Orange. Will start on generic Flomax and Finesteride to help reduce size and hold off cancer. It also looks like the continual climb in my blood sugar (age and AO contributes to diabetes) has leveled off at 108/109 for the last 18 months. I haven't done anything different but had decided to lose 20-30 lbs to be on the safe side. Was not obese, but a bit overweight. It looks like I shrunk 1/2-1 inch too so need lower weight to hit reasonable BMI. I feel like I'm starting 2013 a lot better than 2012!

ya'll keep on keeping on!

bob e v
                2014 goals: keep on running! Is there anything more than that?

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

Break the 1000 mi barrier!

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.

Docket_Rocket

Sorry about the DNS!

Damaris

Fundraising Page