Half Marathon Trainers

August (Read 28 times)

Awesome and congrats!

August 28th is the 2 year anniversary of my colon surgery and being cancer free, woohoo! I took a RD today, so will run in the morning.

Run, Walk, Crawl, just Finish.

HF # 1189

Cyberic

August 28th is the 2 year anniversary of my colon surgery and being cancer free, woohoo! I took a RD today, so will run in the morning.

You're all set for 20 more

hog4life

9.4 for me this morning, which is my longest in quite a while. Still don't think my Sept 20 half will be a race effort, but maybe Ican salvage a decent time, for me of course.

Cyberic

9.4 for me this morning, which is my longest in quite a while. Still don't think my Sept 20 half will be a race effort, but maybe Ican salvage a decent time, for me of course.

I admire you, and all of those who have health issues, and slowly come back to running and eventually run harder than before. It's like if life kept pressing reset and you start over (to some extent). I might be like that, but maybe not. I don't know how I'll react when shit hits the fan in  my life health-wise. I sure hope I can be as tough as you.

Ran 28 km this morning (17.4 miles) which is the longest I've ever run. My half is in 4 weeks, so I'll slowly decrease the length of my long run until race day. Hopefully when (if) I start training for a full marathon, these longer runs I've run this year will give me some confidence.

So long, August!

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

I admire you, and all of those who have health issues, and slowly come back to running and eventually run harder than before. It's like if life kept pressing reset and you start over (to some extent). I might be like that, but maybe not. I don't know how I'll react when shit hits the fan in  my life health-wise. I sure hope I can be as tough as you.

Well said! Smile

I did my last long yesterday (9 miles) and was supposed to roll out this morning for 6. Nope, exhausted. Looks like a late day run, but that's alright. One run isn't going to make or break training and, as much as I get butterflies thinking of my race next weekend, I feel ready.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

9 hot and humid miles this morning. Almost bailed.

Run, Walk, Crawl, just Finish.

HF # 1189

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

9 hot and humid miles this morning. Almost bailed.

But you didn't. No excuses, right? Wink

I only managed 4 of 6 miles tonight; I had a Coke at the football game and it was not happy.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Zelanie

me- Spent the next few days after Thursday night's tough run in a funk, then had a fantastic long run today, so my confidence is back.  I'm definitely too moody as a runner- just one day can change my whole perspective.  Ending August with the most mileage I've ever had by quite a bit. Smile

Barbs- You got it done, nice work!

Meg- Same thing, getting out there the day after a LR is tough.

Eric- Nice long run!  You should be able to finish your HM strong on that!

Mitch- Congrats on hitting the 2-year milestone and on a great run!

Well said! Smile

I did my last long yesterday (9 miles) and was supposed to roll out this morning for 6. Nope, exhausted. Looks like a late day run, but that's alright. One run isn't going to make or break training and, as much as I get butterflies thinking of my race next weekend, I feel ready.

You're ready! I looked at your training log and it's solid and steady. Have a great time at the race, A

Now on to September...

Recalculating...

an amazing likeness

Running, for most of us hobby joggers, is a small part of a much greater set of life events. When folks like you add on tackling truly life altering health challenges, it's so impressive. What a great anniversary, Mitch.  Thanks for sharing.

I've registered for a marathon in early October. Haven't run one in a few years, so I need to get some longer runs in to build endurance. I think I have a good base, as most of my weekly mileage totals are over 45mi...but I don't have many long runs over 1/2 marathon distance. So I've ended August pushing for 2.5 hour runs. I set out yesterday to close August with 2.5  to 3 hours and boy was that stooopid....it was hot and humid.  80F and 90% humidity. So I really forced myself to run easy and slow, and I stuffed $5 into my shorts to buy waters at any store I ran past.  Was good through 12mi, then just had to sit down at the side of the road and recover enough to run 0.9mi / walk 0.1 to home for the hardest 15mi I've run in a long, long time.

Good bye, August.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Cyberic

Was good through 12mi, then just had to sit down at the side of the road and recover enough to run 0.9mi / walk 0.1 to home for the hardest 15mi I've run in a long, long time.

That sucks MT. But since it was 15 miles, and not longer, hopefully you'll recover in no time from it.

Zelanie

MT- Sounds rough!  Glad you made it home safely.  My 16 miler two weeks ago was similar, but we didn't have the humidity. Still, I stubbornly went out mid-day and it was hot!  I stopped for a "cooling break", world cup style, and just never really got it going again.  The good news is, I just did another one this weekend and it went really well!  Hopefully September brings cooler temps for you.  What marathon are you doing?