Half Marathon Trainers

Intrepid Racers & Trainers - Aug 25 & 26 (Read 178 times)

an amazing likeness

Vegefrog owns this weekend's HMT race calendar with a planned 5K. Go get 'em Vegefrog.  (...and looks like this race supports a great cause to boot...)

Aug 25  vegefrog Race for the Ark 5K  5K Summerville, SC

Just on the horizon is the start of fall racing season (spring for our NZ folks) and a long list of planned races by the HMT crew in September.

Good luck, fleet feet and cooling breezes to all our trainers logging miles toward their next, or first half marathon or any other event.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

HappyFeat

Goooo, Vege! Gooooooo!

I think I'll have my legs back (from last weekend's hike)  by tomorrow. So as one of my final HM prep workouts, I'm planning on a 12-mile tempo run broken down like this:  3 EZ - 3 @ 9 mpm - 1 EZ -  3 @ 9 mpm - 2 EZ. I'm feeling quite confident about it, so hopefully it goes as planned.

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

vegefrog

Thanks guys! I'll be decked out in new equipment for this 5K.  I'm going to wear my GPS watch even though I probably shouldn't. I also broke down and bought a pair of racing shoes...Nike was having a great sale. They are Nike Luna Racers...they only weigh 4.8 oz!! I ran a mile in them this morning just to make sure they weren't going to fit oddly or give me any obvious issues, but that's all the breaking in they've had.

Should be interesting...I'm hoping to at least get a low 23, if not break it and get myself a 22!!!

Still hot and humid around these parts so I am super excited about fall being just around the corner.

HappyFeat that sounds like a great tempo run! I hope you enjoy it Smile

an amazing likeness

Stalking her log...looks like VF laid down a 5K PR today...by a good margin!

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Sweet. Nice progress VF!

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
            We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes
            CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

I can only dream of such speed. Way to go, VF!

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

HappyFeat

I can only dream of such speed. Way to go, VF!

me too - great job, Vege! You're amazing!

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

vegefrog

Thanks guys Smile I'm inching my way to that sub-23 5K!!! I could see the seconds ticking off, but the finish was on a slight hill and I just couldn't muster up the sprint to get me under this time.

Next time I'm getting it!!!

Hope y'all had some great training runs this weekend.