Half Marathon Trainers

Winter 2018/19 Running (Read 22 times)

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Hey! I know it's quiet in here, but I"ll throw up a new post and see what's going on.

I did my first long run of this training cycle today. Race is the Hypothermic Half in February. I've run the 10k twice, but this will be my first try at a winter half (although I did run one on Good Friday 2018 and it was extremely cold winter temps. Good Friday should not have been winter temps.) Today's long run went very well. Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

A winter half where you live sounds....challenging...

I'm trying to pick things up after a year of inconsistency due to new job, various illness interruptions, death in family, California wildfires, life getting in the way. My plan is aggressive: I'm doing a 15k in January in San Francisco, a HM in February outside of SF, and my big goal for next 4 months is the Paris Marathon in April.

From the Internet.

Long time no see, friends! I've been wacky busy. It's been a hell of a year.

I trained for tris all summer while getting over the last of plantar fasciitis and then unexpectedly knocked out a huge half marathon PR in October (1:41:15 from early 2017 --> 1:34:33 on a less than stellar day). Possibly aiming to NYC qualify at the New Bedford Half Marathon in March (<1:32) and then crushing a marathon in May (aiming for <3:20 but maybe closer to 3:15-17 if all goes really well).

jeffdonahue

Training has been going pretty well so far this winter (though have a literal pain in my butt right now that I am hoping isn't an indicator that my sciatica is coming back).  Been getting in all my mileage and at least one speed session a week (hills, tempo or intervals).  I am doing most of my speedwork right now on a treadmill - it is really dark outside at 5:00AM when I do my runs every day, and honestly I've fallen and hurt myself more times than I can count on uneven sidewalks, potholes and ice.  Just safer.

Trying to keep my mileage at 150+ miles per month for the year. Only did that for about half the year last year due to injuries and life.

Have a 12 miler planned for this weekend - was supposed to be Sunday but will probably do it on SAturday because we are expecting about 10 inches of snow on Sunday.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

My February race posted this weekend, it's 36 days to race day! Eeek!

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.