Half Marathon Trainers

Yay me! (Read 243 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

So I was really kinda nervous about going on my run, this AM. I've been pretty achey since my race on Sat. and had bad insomnia 2 nights ago (to the tune of 3 hours of sleep). And after my shin issues and numb right foot I was dreading the run...plus the outside of my left foot has been sort of sore/strained feeling (probably from favoring my numb right foot for a couple of miles on Sat.). The weather is also sorta sucky--cold, windy, dreary, sprinkles of rain. My run felt pretty awkward and stiff, but not really painful (any moreso than is to be expected for the first run after a big race). My left foot didn't feel too bad, surprisingly (it seems to hurt more walking barefoot, which is when I first noticed it on Sunday--perhaps it's a support issue). I mostly just felt pretty worn out, but my overall time was pretty standard. Woot! Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

YOU GO GIRL!!! lisak
      Cincinnati Flying Pig May 4
        WTG!!! Totally know how you felt this morning!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson