Half Marathon Trainers

June - July race results / updates (Read 17 times)

an amazing likeness

Other than a few weeks, the Intrepid Racer weekly topic went on an extended summer break for the last part of June and most of July.  So to help out Zelanie with one place for results for her race calendar updates, and to give recognition to everyone's results....here's a consolidated thread.

Here's the list from the calendar, but don't limit it to these.

June 21, 2014 milktruck Close to the Coast 10K 10K Freeport, ME <46:00 or course PB Monster hills, plus apple pie for AG awards!
    July 4, 2014 milktruck LL Bean 10K 10K Freeport, ME  <47:00 or course PB Survive hill of death at mile 4.5 without walking!
    July 4, 2014 Barbs595 44th Annual Mattapoisett Road Race 5 miles Mattapoisett, MA 55 minutes No falls!
    July 13, 2014 Zelanie Correcaminos Media Maratón 13.1 miles San Jose, Costa Rica TBD  
    July 20, 2014 schaeb Presque Isle Half Marathon 13.1 miles Erie, PA 2:15  
    July 27, 2014 Docket_Rocket San Francisco Marathon 26.2 miles San Francisco, CA  TBD first marathon post-surgery

On your mark.....Go -- post your races and results!

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

an amazing likeness

Date:  06/21/14

Race:  Close to the Coast 10K

Distance: 10KM

Goal Time:  <46:00 or course PB. (hill monster) Maybe win an apple pie for age group place?

Result: 46:25

Missed both goals. Just didn't have any energy to really tackle the course that day.

Date:  07/04/14

Race:  LL Bean 10K

Distance: 10KM

Goal Time:  <47:00 or course PB. (survive hill of death at mile 4.5 and not walk)

Result: 47:43

Missed both time goals, but ran hill of death. 1001% humidity, just oppressive, as expected. Feel like I managed effort fairly well; didn't hit the death-fade that normally comes in this race. However, didn't have good turnover or pace in the sections of the course where I should have made time. Got everything there was in the legs today, but we'll call this a 7 of 10; a solid B.

Date:  07/13/14

Race:  Old Port Half Marathon

Distance: 13.1mi

Goal Time:  <1:45:00  Usually a hot summer day, so energy, effort and heat management are needed.

Result: 1:42:49 **** course was short

Lead bicyclist took the course down the wrong street between miles 4 & 5.  We were .4mi short from that point onward. Later runners got re-directed to the correct course and ran the legit distance.  I would have posted about 1:44:30 had we run the right distance.

Date:  07/19/14

Race:  Clam Festival 5 Mile

Distance: 5 Mile

Goal Time:  <37:00 or course PB.

Result: 36:52

Short version...went out too fast, got warm, faded, ok time.  Met both goals.

Date:  07/26/14

Race:  Peaks Island 5 Mile

Distance: 5 Mile

Goal Time:  <37:30

Result: 37:04

Short version...went out too fast (6:50 split in 1st mile is faster than 5K effort), got warm, faded in the hills at miles 2 - 3. Course PB by 40 seconds!

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Docket_Rocket

Results from the SF Marathon for me: DNF (Sick)

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Mattapoisett 5 miler 56:18  fell short of goal, but happy with it/  NO falls and lots of humidity

Run, Walk, Crawl, just Finish.

HF # 1189