Half Marathon Trainers

August (Read 27 times)

Short run and gardening today after 6 mile disaster yesterday - right knee was very  twingy and there was a 2 mile walk home- better today. I'm planning on 2hr30 tomorrow probably run/ walk to be safe.

I read the 200 mile week thread saturdayto toughen up for tomorrow! Weather is awesome 60s/ 70s less humidity (only 70% Meg!)

Happy Saturday, A

Recalculating...

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Happy Saturday! Visibility this am was 4km so I waited to run, not wanting to suck smoke the whole run. It's still smoky, but not as bad as this morning. I'm sort of freaking out a little because it's 2 weeks to my goal race and I doubt I'm going to hit my mileage this weekend. I already dropped a couple of miles due to this smoky weather. Really, I doubt there are any gains to made this close to race day, but it's the mental game. The plan was 5 today, 10 tomorrow and then next weekend run 9 and 6.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

erinr

Ran a half this morning.  I wasn't planning on racing it because it's usually hot and humid, but it was cool and humid instead today Smile  I finished in 1:50:55, which is 55 seconds of my PR from last year and a little over 7 miles off my time from the same race last year.  My goal half is in 4 weeks and is flatter, so I'm feeling hopeful Smile

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Nice work, ekat!! Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

hog4life

ekat, woohoo! Nice run. I might not be very "qualified", but I responded to you post about the next few weeks.

Meg, just do the best you can with the smoke, that sounds like really tough conditions to train in.

I had another strong LR this morning of 18.4 miles at 9:26 pace.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Visibility was about 6km when I went for my run. Maybe it was low expectations but it went pretty well with the exception of my garmin losing the satellite for about 1/4 of a mile before it caught it again. Still nervous about tomorrow's run.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

hog4life

6.6 to finish the month at 170

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

I managed to get my runs in. (Can I add i hate leaving for my 10 mile long run at 630pm and finishing under the turned on streetlights? Yuck!) Today I ran 2.5 to break 140 miles for the month. i'm pretty content with that. I think my highest month ever was last August at 146. HL, I can't imagine 170. I'd need to get much faster bc I just don't have the time for that many miles. LOL!

Onto September!

Half Fanatic #9292. 

170,  140 So great!

My 117 miles kicked by butt, see you in September, A

Recalculating...

an amazing likeness

Time's up.
                      You did not reach your goal.

You are 62.2 mi behind the pace bunny.

That pretty much sums up the whole dang month...worst month in a long time.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

erinr

ekat, woohoo! Nice run. I might not be very "qualified", but I responded to you post about the next few weeks.

Meg, just do the best you can with the smoke, that sounds like really tough conditions to train in.

I had another strong LR this morning of 18.4 miles at 9:26 pace.

Thanks for the response! It's been hot and humid here the past few days. Made my track workout yesterday interesting. I have a short tempo run planned for Friday.

You all had great months! I think I ended up somewhere between 100 and 110. Last August was my highest month ever, 175 during the peak of marathon training. But I'm enjoying my runs, so I'm okay with the lower mileage this year I guess Smile