Half Marathon Trainers

Intrepid Racers - May 5th & 6th (Read 292 times)

an amazing likeness

And the racing continues! Good luck and fleet feet to all racers - have fun! *

************This week and weekend*******************

May 5th cameraready - Indy Mini Marathon, Indianapolis IN

May 5th milktruck - 5K @ 5PM on 5/5, Freeport ME
    May 6th HappyFeat - Forrest 5k, 5k, Port Gamble WA
    May 6th Midnight Runner - Lincoln Half Marathon, Lincoln NE

* (c) 2012 ILF

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Good luck all! I'm in a heavy (MTA: for me) training period with no racing for a bit, so very jealous.

vegefrog

Good luck to all!!!

Former runner

70° and 90% humidity at the start today. First 5k went well. Last 10 miles were more of a challenge to say the least. By the time I got to the half-way point I knew I would have to slow down. Everyone was dumping water on their heads at every water stop. I counted at least 5 people getting medical assistance by the end. I also took my glasses off since they were more of an issue with water all over them. It was easier to see without them on. Official time 2:07:17, my slowest HM ever but just finishing was an accomplishment.

Good luck to everyone racing tomorrow. Hopefully your weather will be better than mine today.

Ross

HappyFeat

Congratulations on a fine finish, CameraReady. Sounds like you played it smart, pacing to avoid overheating. Good for you!

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

HappyFeat

My 5K trail race went quite well, all things considered. I finished in 32 min and got 3rd in AG. The 2nd place woman came in at 30 min and I never saw her during the race. It was very twisty/turny, up/down, over logs, dodging roots - challenging and lots of fun! I had to go slow when the forest was too dark to see the trail very well and when the downhills were covered with loose rocks and I didn't want to twist an ankle.  I didn't get there early enough to warm up and that hindered me a bit, but I'll know better for the next one in July.

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

an amazing likeness

70° and 90% humidity at the start today. First 5k went well. Last 10 miles were more of a challenge to say the least. By the time I got to the half-way point I knew I would have to slow down. Everyone was dumping water on their heads at every water stop. I counted at least 5 people getting medical assistance by the end

Way to gut out a tough day, Ross. I can't begin to fathom how hot it must have been for that section through leading into the Speedway and then the lap of the Speedway in heat and open sun -- that must have baked you....ouch!

an amazing likeness

My 5K trail race went quite well, all things considered. I finished in 32 min and got 3rd in AG. The 2nd place woman came in at 30 min and I never saw her during the race. It was very twisty/turny, up/down, over logs, dodging roots - challenging and lots of fun! I had to go slow when the forest was too dark to see the trail very well and when the downhills were covered with loose rocks and I didn't want to twist an ankle.

Shocked   Yikes!

3rd in AG!  Lots of AG awards recently....Nice.