Half Marathon Trainers

Guys I am training for a 1/2 marathon for next year. (Read 370 times)

runninggirl248

Big grin Hey I am training for a 1/2 marathon for next year. I can run about 7 miles now, and I want to run 15-20 next year. How do I up my milage?
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hah, I just replied to your question in the Virtual 5k/5mile group. Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

Me too. Seems like I'm always a step behind zoom-zoom... Roll eyes

Roads were made for journeys...

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Me too. Seems like I'm always a step behind zoom-zoom... Roll eyes
          Well, at least someone is... Tongue k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

bas

Big grin Hey I am training for a 1/2 marathon for next year. I can run about 7 miles now, and I want to run 15-20 next year. How do I up my milage?
            To follow up on zoom-zoom an wingz who are both a step ahead of me Smile I just noticed that RW has a new site with a section called 'smart coach'. This is the url: http://www.runnersworld.com/cda/smartcoach/ Be sure to read the background information. Extending the distance you can run in a safe way is an important part of their program. It is not the first training schedule generetor on the web, but I think this one might be really good. For me the only problem is that everything is in miles, but you won't be bothered by that Big grin bas

52° 21' North, 4° 52' East

runninggirl248

Big grin Hey guys I went online to that smart coach thing on RW, and I HIGHLY reccomend it. It is so cool! I got a really good 16 week training schedule. What should I do because my race isn't in 16 weeks, it is for next year. And at the end of the schedule it says RACE DAY! but I don't have a race planned for the 16th week, what should I do for that last week? Should I get a new trainig plan before that week?
              Wingz

Professional Noob

If it were me, I'd find a sooner race! Big grin How about if after you finish your 16 weeks you repeat it at the "maintenance" level which doesn't require any increases in milage? There are lots of things you could do since you have so much time before your race...

Roads were made for journeys...

When and where next year? I amd training for the One America 500 Festival in Indianapolis on May 5th. Just finished my first 5K. Now if I can do that average time for 13.1 miles I'll be happy

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire