Bring on 2016 (Read 20 times)

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Happy New Year to All of you!

Start it off well! Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

hog4life

I sure hope 2016 is better than 2015 ended. I finished 2015 with 5 halves, five 25k's, a full, and a few others to add up to 26 races. I will definitely be cutting this back for 2016. I already have 13 races scheduled with Ainsley's Angels, so I'll try to focus on just a few goal races for the fall.

Happy New Year!!

Marylander

I'm getting set for just my 2nd official half marathon (I'm a long time casual runner but haven't gotten into 'racing' too much). This'll be the Frederick Half in Frederick, MD at the beginning of May. I did that one back in 2014 and just missed my 2:00 goal (2:00:19). Wink Last year my running partner (daughter) was overseas so I skipped the half then. I hope we can make it an annual event from here on.

I had intended to be better with getting some volume in last year but my running partner has had some tendinitis issues and I wasn't taking care of business on my own. Still, I know from experience that I can ramp things up pretty easily. I am continuing a weight loss effort that I started early on in 2015 (which I have maintained for a few months) and am anxious to see what benefits a lower body weight might have for me. It would be very cool to get close to 1:50 in this half but I'm just going to put in the training and see what a realistic goal will be as the day draws closer.

I'm excited and ready for the first half of 2016!

Started the year off with the flu. Woot! Now I'm back on board and aiming for one or two halfs this year.

Happy 2016 folks, A

Recalculating...

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Well, we've hit the -30*C windchills now. Struggling a bit with motivation, but will see what I do today. I'd like to run 4-4.5 miles, but I don't know if I want to try layering up or just DM. We haven't had a ton of really cold so I'm not acclimatized yet.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Is anyone out there running?

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Marylander

I'm not getting outside in the cold as I've got a cold myself. Sad Of course, we don't get the kind of bitter cold down here that you do up there. It has been in the teens Fahrenheit lately though, which is bad enough. Wink

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Cold is all relative. If you aren't used to it, it's tough. I can relate to that.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Is anyone out there running?

Not out there, but inside... getting it done on the treadmill. Feeling very wimpy about the dark and cold. Plus spin class and weight training. Still here!

A

Recalculating...

Cyberic

Hi all. Not posting here anymore, as I have not run a half since September 2014. I will get back at them (halves) in the fall 2016, though. Right now I'm training for my second marathon, but should take a break from them after that, and concentrate on shorter races to hopefully gain some speed.

I have not missed a planned outdoor run yet because of winter this year. Compared to the past two winters, this is as paradisiac as one could ask for when winter marathon training in Montreal.

Have a nice day, and happy running!