Half Marathon Trainers

Half marathon trainers - November 2009 (Read 845 times)

IMKY13 finish!!

Except that's a separate group for marathon training?

no...it's for both marathons and half marathons.

Fitness/weight goals for 2014

1) STAY INJURY FREE!!!

2) Get to 189 lbs by the end of July 2014...and stay there (as of 4-25-14 was at 203 lbs)

3) Complete Ironman Chattanooga in under 14 hours

4) Break 4 hours in a stand alone marathon (Goal race=Rocket City 12/13/14)

5) 4,500 total overall miles for the year:

Swim: 100 miles

Bike: 3,000 miles

Run: 1,400 miles

redleaf

no...it's for both marathons and half marathons.

oh. I was going by the title..."Full Marathon Training..." Smile

I do like how that one has the goals and things though just very overwhelming to see all those names Smile We can always get rid of the one here if it's too repetitive for most or doesn't get used etc.

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

Ringmaster

I like the list here on the board for just us, if that's okay. I like how that board lists their goals; it's clever to separate which races you're racing for fun and which you're racing hard.

Can someone with admin privileges make that thread a sticky for us?

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b)
        Mile by Mile

I like the list here on the board for just us, if that's okay. I like how that board lists their goals; it's clever to separate which races you're racing for fun and which you're racing hard.

Can someone with admin privileges make that thread a sticky for us?

I agree with you, this is a smaller venue and easier to follow, plus you all our my friends and support staff. 

One of the admins just granted Administrative privilege a few days ago and as soon as I can, will see if I can figure out how to make this a sticky for us.  When I do, I'll start a new thread for it.  (but it's not going to happen within the next couple of days okay?)

Larry

LPH

"Today I broke my record for most consecutive days lived!"

Lu481

What about some sort of calendar instead of a thread.  (Like the calendar in our training log) So it would be a on click to see all the upcoming events instead of scrolling through a thread. Would that even be possible?
            JoeInTX

Hey ya'll!   - Just thought I'd pop in and see what's going on.

Cara - Well its not like I'm married or anything!   Well to a website!      

BTW, I read you guys  were talking about possibly some calander?    Check THIS site.  It's pretty easy to create calanders and for peeps to enter/edit events into.

Joe

Hi guys, just checking in...

I have started doing some cross training, sit ups, push ups, bicep curls, squats, and cycling.

I have not been  logging this yet so it looks as if I am doing nothing at all.

Joe, its nice to hear from you over here; please pass my congrats to Spice on her great run, in case she left before seeing my post last week. A very strong and determined woman, sorta like you, Cara!

See you all later! Simon.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

Ringmaster

10 today. Felt insanely long. Funny how I have one draining run after one really great run. Must be getting close to race time, huh?

Mile by Mile

BTW, I read you guys  were talking about possibly some calander?    Check THIS site.  It's pretty easy to create calanders and for peeps to enter/edit events into.

Joe

Done - http://www.my.calendars.net/ra_hmt/

Nice suggestion Joe

2017 Goals
                    1) Run more than 231 miles
                    2) Be ready for  HM in the spring

A good week for me this week 5 runs before this weekend's long one have netted 21 "easy" miles

HIp still not at 100% and have missed going long on the last 2 weekends. Trying to decide how far to go tomorrow morning - probably 10 to 12 miles.

VixiDu - only a week to go... you'll be fine.

MilkTruck - Andy, damn! Wishes for a speedy recovery man. Hang in there.

Good luck to those racing this weekend: awaldvogel, MrPH,bobev

On a non running note: This is what happens when the NFL and StarWars clash in the mind of a 4 year old:

Me: Hey kiddo do you know who the Cowboys are playing this weekend?

My 4 year old: No

Me: Philadelphia

My 4 year old: The Philadelphia Stormtroopers?

Me: No not the Stormtroopers? The E... e.... e...

My 4 year old: Ewoks?

So there we have it, I couldn't correct him it just seems so fitting. After defeating the Atlanta Millennium Falcon and the Seattle Seahorses (I know there are no seahorses in StarWars but try telling him that!) the Cowboys do battle with the Philadelphia Ewoks..... GO COWBOYS!

Have a great weekend y'all!

2017 Goals
                      1) Run more than 231 miles
                      2) Be ready for  HM in the spring

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

longer taper than planned. Wasn't able to run last week due to daughters wedding. finally got easy runs in Sun, Mon, & Wed. I came down with a sore throat at work yesterday morning came home and am resting. Doing a tiny bit of work from home. Am taking it easy and will try to do a short 2mi easy run in the morning so that I am loose for the half on Sunday. I WILL do the half so long as I do not have chest congestion. Menthol cough drops can clear my head... Anyway my Daughter and new sil will be there since they have to pick up their chis's that we have been watching.

bob e v
                        2014 goals: keep on running! Is there anything more than that?

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

Break the 1000 mi barrier!

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.

Cold weather overnight, ice on my backyard pond this morning.

Saw a good documentary on the 20th anniversary of the fall of the Berlin Wall last night, and so did not run.

Gotta run tonight, bad habits developing.

Simon.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

We had our first snowfall yesterday, close to an inch.  It was kind of a surprise, because they had just predicted a light snowshower.  Of course, it all melted by late afternoon!  This morning was nice - low 40s and sunny.  My friend and I ran around the ocean cove in Portland.  It has been a frustrating week for both of us, so it was a good chance to vent and run off some energy!

We had our first snowfall yesterday, close to an inch.  It was kind of a surprise, because they had just predicted a light snowshower.  Of course, it all melted by late afternoon!  This morning was nice - low 40s and sunny.  My friend and I ran around the ocean cove in Portland.  It has been a frustrating week for both of us, so it was a good chance to vent and run off some energy!

You mean CT had snow before you?  While we were in Florida Oct 12-20th, they had a couple of inches in the northwest hills where we live.  They were predicting possibility of flurries and ice this morning, but it was clear this morning.

Larry

LPH

"Today I broke my record for most consecutive days lived!"

Ringmaster

Snow? Amazing. We had rain yesterday but it's still warm. No winter for us this year, I guess . . .

Meant to run 14 tomorrow but my legs are so tired I think I'm just going to call it off. Please tell me resting now is the right thing to do . . .

Hoping y'all are having a great running day.

Good luck to all our weekend racers: Bobev, awaldvogel, and MrPH. Run like the wind!

Mile by Mile