Half Marathon Trainers

Half marathon trainers - November 2009 (Read 845 times)

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Vixi, congratulations!  What a well-fought race!  I'm so proud of you for hanging in there.  That's what I need to learn how to do.  I just slow down or stop when I get tired!  That's great you kept going.  Great job on the PR!!

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

ditto on Teresa's comment! Great job

bob e v
      2014 goals: keep on running! Is there anything more than that?

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

Break the 1000 mi barrier!

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.

Vixi, Great job and congratulations.  See race day can be a big difference and I see the Temp cooperated with you.

Funny, we had 60 degrees here in CT today.  So I decided to take a ride out to where my 10K is going to be on T-day and run the course.   I had an absolute terrible run, having to stop and walk 4 times after mile three. The hills in the first 2 1/2 miles were brutal.  Just didn't have the energy or mojo today to gut it out. 

Teresa, How did your son do?  I checked the results in the paper and didn't see a maine team in the top 10. Did you check out the restaurant I suggested?

Larry

LPH

"Today I broke my record for most consecutive days lived!"

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Vixi, Great job and congratulations.  See race day can be a big difference and I see the Temp cooperated with you.

Funny, we had 60 degrees here in CT today.  So I decided to take a ride out to where my 10K is going to be on T-day and run the course.   I had an absolute terrible run, having to stop and walk 4 times after mile three. The hills in the first 2 1/2 miles were brutal.  Just didn't have the energy or mojo today to gut it out. 

Teresa, How did your son do?  I checked the results in the paper and didn't see a maine team in the top 10. Did you check out the restaurant I suggested?

Larry

Hi, Larry!  I sent you a long e-mail - can you check to see if you got it?  DS's team came in 9th!  They tied with another team, but if they'd had a tiebreaker, his team would have won it.  They were the top boys' team from Maine.  The course was basically a giant slip 'n' slide, so my son ran it very cautiously and had his slowest time in a couple of years!  I was just happy he didn't get hurt.  I saw so many kids take tumbles.

We loved the restaurant - if you don't see the e-mail, I'll resend it.  Thanks for all your help!

Prince of Fatness

Outstanding, Vixi.  Congrats on the PR!

Not at it at all. 

Great run, Vixi! Thanks for the report.

Great race, Vixi! Sounds like you really hammered it hard for the last couple of miles, well done.

There is a big  difference between running a race and racing a race; you definitely raced that one!

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

Hi, Larry!  I sent you a long e-mail - can you check to see if you got it?  DS's team came in 9th!  They tied with another team, but if they'd had a tiebreaker, his team would have won it.  They were the top boys' team from Maine.  The course was basically a giant slip 'n' slide, so my son ran it very cautiously and had his slowest time in a couple of years!  I was just happy he didn't get hurt.  I saw so many kids take tumbles.

We loved the restaurant - if you don't see the e-mail, I'll resend it.  Thanks for all your help!

Got the email and replied.  Like I said to you ahead of time, that course is awful when it rains.  Sometimes they even alter it to avoid that grassy downhill. 

Glad everyone liked the Restaurant

Wish him Good Luck at Foot Locker

LPH

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Thanks, Larry!  I will give him the message.  My family is getting used to all my online friends now!

He's out running 7 miles, and it's almost dark.  Sigh.

Easy paced 6.5 miles last night, nice clear sky, comfortable temps. and little traffic.

Saw several other runners and walkers also enjoying the good conditions.

My son's long run on the weekend was 26 miles, 4hrs10 minutes, just a training run, great to be young!

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

Had Tuesday off from work and the temp was in the mid 50s so I got out to run 6 miles.  Picked a spot that I do hills on occassionaly and did three hills, 2 loops in one direction and reversed the loop for the last hill, which makes me go up a steeper upgrade but shorter. 

I felt pretty decent, but my lung capacity is definitely down. 

Weather looks great for this weekend, so I'll make sure I get another hill workout in. 

How's everyone else doing?

Larry

LPH

Thanks, Larry!  I will give him the message.  My family is getting used to all my online friends now!

He's out running 7 miles, and it's almost dark.  Sigh.

I hate the time change.  It's impossible fo rme to get out of work at night and go run now.  I hope your son is wearing reflective gear etc!

My wife doesn't get much involved in what I do on the computer.  She knows I'm on stuff like this, but I did get the rolly eyes from her when I mentioned you and your son, Wickham Park and stuff. 

Larry

LPH

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Wow, SImon, that's quite a long run your son did!!  It's hard not to be envious of the youngers!

Our local paper named DS his high school's male "Fall Athlete of the Year."  Really surprised us!  They'll run a nice writeup and photo of him in the paper in a week or two.  He beat out golfers, soccer players, and football players, whoo hoo!   I remember wondering when he was in 7th grade, barely making the travel soccer team, if he would ever find his niche.

He and I are off to visit Rice (in Houston) Saturday morning.  I'll get to run in warm weather for a couple of days!

I ran 4 miles with my running partner yesterday.  Still walking too much, but at least it's feeling better.

Our local paper named DS his high school's male "Fall Athlete of the Year." 

He and I are off to visit Rice (in Houston) Saturday morning.  I'll get to run in warm weather for a couple of days! 

That's terrific, for him and definitely one to put in the scrap books.

Enjoy Houston.  Isn't your dad down that way?

Larry

LPH

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Larry, my parents and sister's family all live in Austin.  My mom and sister are going to drive down to Houston.  They are World Class Shoppers, so I'll shop with them while DS is on campus. There's a Texas football game in Austin on Saturday, so Dad can't miss THAT, lol!