Half Marathon Trainers

She didn't kill me! (Read 316 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Did a long run with Eryn/backroadrunner today--we went 9.5 at an 11:35 minute pace--which is pretty speedy for me for a longer run, some of which was on gravel backroads. Felt pretty good. Only started to get sore knees and feet maybe the last mile or two. 2 weeks to go to our 10 mile race--I hope to do that in under 110 minutes. Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

Smile I think she just didn't want the extra kid running around the house... Wink

Roads were made for journeys...

Smile I think she just didn't want the extra kid running around the house... Wink
        Amen!! Um, I mean, of course, I love kids, I'd just miss her too much!!!! Wink Seriously, I didn't try to kill her today. I probably pushed her a little faster than usual, but she handled it great. We re-routed today a bit to keep her on more paved roads, as I'm very used to back roads & she isn't. We did 9.5mi, and about 3.5-4 was on dirt. She did great! I feel wonderful. It was a great run...perfect weather, nice to have a person to run with for once, nice scenery. Next week, it is her turn to pick the route & terrain on her own turf. She'll probably decide that we should do fartlek's or hills just to spite me (I love to run, hate speed training with a true passion). Don't let her sweetness fool you, she can be a rotten little wench when she wants to!! Wink Eryn
        So do not get tired and stop trying. - Hebrews 12:3
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Amen!! Um, I mean, of course, I love kids, I'd just miss her too much!!!! Wink Don't let her sweetness fool you, she can be a rotten little wench when she wants to!! Wink Eryn
          Now, wait a minute...there's a discord between those two statements! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

WOOHOOOO! How cool that you guys get to run together! WTG on your long run ladies!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Thanks! Big grin I just wish we lived a bit closer--it's around a 90 minute drive. Sad Speaking of, Eryn...we need to come up with some meeting point before our 2 long races together. Any ideas? k

~ Sarah Kay