Half Marathon Trainers

Sore Hamstring (Read 218 times)

Several years ago (2001 or 2002) I attempted to sprint to the house in a bad T-Storm on a HOT MUGGY day after an hour + drive in a cool airconditioned truck. My right ham objected about half way to the house and I slid the rest of the distance! I was black and blue from the back of my knee to my butt cheek for about 10 days. Earlier this week that right ham started getting sore right behind the knee. This morning that soreness has moved up about 1/2 to 3/4 from there. The back of the knee feels fine now. Because of the first injury I make sure I strech and I pay careful attention to my hamstrings Once I felt what was what I call pain this morning however it was not bad, just more of what the hell was that? So anyone have some advise? Am I over thinking this?

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire

runpd

Eye Lick Two Rhune

I have always been under the impression that when we are sore we concentrate all of our stretching on the soar part. I try and remind myself that if my back hurts I need to work on my abs. The only advice I could give is just stretch real good all over. You don't want to injure another body part by trying to overcompensate for the hamstring.

"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift" -Pre

Good advise. Don't worry so much about the squeaky wheel that you forget to fill the tank. A runner here at work was saying this is just normal body reaction to leaning to run. So just strech and run through it. The problem is this guy shovels,...................... well lets just say it is better applied to corn fields and the like. So second opinions are well advised and taken! And this IS the place to get them!

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire