Half Marathon Trainers

Half's for 2009 (Read 746 times)

jules2

Just entered my first of the year Sleaford ( Lincolnshire ) 22 February, then hopefully, Hague ( Holland )14th March ( the current world record course ) if not then Silverstone ( the Formula 1 race circuit ) 15th Hose ( Leicestershire) 12 April Dog & Hedgehog ( Leicestershire) 10 May, the Dog & Hedgehog is named after a local pub and gets over 1000 entries. Whats everyone else entered / entering and is there anyone who can log all our times for the year just out of interest?

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

Prince of Fatness

I'm running the Lehigh Valley Half Marathon in Allentown, PA on May 3. Jules, you can go into reports for the group and pick races to get times. The only problem is that Eric has disabled reports temporarily for performance reasons.

Not at it at all. 

IMKY13 finish!!

Whats everyone else entered / entering and is there anyone who can log all our times for the year just out of interest?
        Cedars of Lebanon Half-Feb 14 (registered) Tom King Half Marathon-March 14 (registered) Country Music Half Marathon-April 25 (registered) Indy Half Marathon-May 2 (registered) Middle Half-sometime in October I might try to find one or two more around somewhere

Fitness/weight goals for 2014

1) STAY INJURY FREE!!!

2) Get to 189 lbs by the end of July 2014...and stay there (as of 4-25-14 was at 203 lbs)

3) Complete Ironman Chattanooga in under 14 hours

4) Break 4 hours in a stand alone marathon (Goal race=Rocket City 12/13/14)

5) 4,500 total overall miles for the year:

Swim: 100 miles

Bike: 3,000 miles

Run: 1,400 miles

For me,both in CT Ironhorse Sat May 30th Hogsback Sat Sept 12th

LPH

"Today I broke my record for most consecutive days lived!"

jules2

Nice to see you are all doing. I forgot I've got a 13 mile fell race on the 1 February, its not a half but its a lot harder!

I'm just in the Columbus Half,but it's my first so I'm pretty excited.
              2009 Goals (nobody laugh) Run 800 miles or more Run 12 or more 5ks Run 2 10ks Get 5k times in 25's Run a 3 miler in 24:29 or less Run in HM in October
                Cap City Half Columbus May 2 (My first)
                Ginny 'Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there' Will Rogers
                  Hey scubagirl, do you live close to Columbus? I don't think I'm ready for the race you are running but i'll be there in the fall.
                  2009 Goals (nobody laugh) Run 800 miles or more Run 12 or more 5ks Run 2 10ks Get 5k times in 25's Run a 3 miler in 24:29 or less Run in HM in October
                    Hey scubagirl, do you live close to Columbus? I don't think I'm ready for the race you are running but i'll be there in the fall.
                    Yes I sure do. I noticed you had mentioned the Columbus Marathon in the fall. Depending on how the spring one goes, I may do the fall one also. Hope to run into you some time Smile
                    Ginny 'Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there' Will Rogers
                      My first will be at the end of April, the Hartwell Half, with my son. Hilly course, I won't be much under 1:50 he is going for 1:40. I am almost definitely going to skip the 10k I had planned for the following weekend, so my quest to break 45 minutes may have to wait for next year. In October we will run the Goodlife Fitness, I will do the half he is going for 3:30 in the marathon. Simon.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

jules2

My first will be at the end of April, the Hartwell Half, with my son. Hilly course, I won't be much under 1:50 he is going for 1:40. I am almost definitely going to skip the 10k I had planned for the following weekend, so my quest to break 45 minutes may have to wait for next year. In October we will run the Goodlife Fitness, I will do the half he is going for 3:30 in the marathon. Simon.
                        Simon, if the only reason you won't do the 10K is because you are doing a half the week before and think it will be too much go for it Its four months away yet and I'm sure you will be fit enough to do both, I would. Why waste all that fitness you will have built up? If it were a full marathon I'd agree.

I did that last year, Jules, and it worked out quite well. I tried not to race the half, but couldn't resist after the first 10 miles, and ran hard to the end. Definitely not a PB kind of course, but a nice event! I could also do a Canada Day (July 1st.) 10 k; but the course for the one on May 3rd. is downhill all the way, blazing fast. As I am a fairly new runner, and about the same age as you, Jules, I have a limited number of years in which to set good times, so it gives an extra incentive to enter events with fast courses. Simon.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

Lu481

I am planning on: the Dead Sea 1/2 in Feb Red Deer 1/2 in May Moose is Loose Trail Run 1/2 in Edmonton in July ING Edmonton 1/2 in Aug And Melissa's Road Race 22km in Banff in Sept Whether or not they all happen is to be determined...
                            dukefan86

So far, I've entered the Coach Bubba 20km (Feb) and the Raleigh Rocks Half Marathon (March). Trying to decide whay my big fall race will be. Lesley
                                I finally got a date for the Iron Horse HM I'm going to run again, it's set for 5/31/08. Now I'm waiting for one more to be published in Sept. Larrry

LPH

"Today I broke my record for most consecutive days lived!"