Half Marathon Trainers

Intrepid Racers - Feb 9 & 10 (Read 18 times)

an amazing likeness

[my apologies to our racers for being a day later than the usual Thursday posting]

Three races on the calendar for this early February weekend, and it's a good thing they are in southern locales as the northern parts of the US are deep in winter weather. Outside my window is a winter wonderland with 7" of snow since early morning painting the pines white. A large owl is sitting on a branch looking for some critter moving to catch before the predicted winds bring us to a full blizzard and end his search for dinner.

Feb 9 jaxn Frostbite Half 13.1 mi Lebanon, TN
    Feb vegefrog  Save The Light Half  13.1 mi  Folly Beach, SC 
    Feb 9 Snickers1230 Hot Chocolate 15K  15K Dallas, TX
    Feb 10 HappyFeat Fishline 25K Trail 25K Port Gamble, WA

Don't know if jaxn is active in the group...he's taking his proven half marathon speed (ran a 1:22 half in November) to the line in a state park trail race. Vegefrog is putting her 2013 winning record to the test with her first half of the year along the shore of SC, and if she runs near her goal time, that's an easy top 50 finish. Snickers1230 is running the Texas State Fair grounds in Dallas's Hot Chocolate 5K/15K to a finish at the Cotton Bowl...probably not the same atmosphere as when the fair's happening.  HappyFeat will be closing out our race weekend off-road with a tough 25K on single track trail and logging dirt roads which is part of her 'Roots Rock' running series.

Wishing all our racers good luck, fleet feet and calm winds. Have a great time!

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

HappyFeat

plus mine:

Date: Feb 10, 2013

Race: Fishline 25K trail race

Event URL: http://www.rootsrockrun.com/home.html

Distance: 25K (15.5 miles)

Goal Time: 3 hours = just finish without mishap and enjoy what promises to be an exciting milestone event

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

an amazing likeness

So sorry HappyFeat !  Thanks for catching my oversight.

Docket_Rocket

Good luck to those running this weekend!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

vegefrog

How did everyone do? I hope you all had great races!

I got 3rd in my AG, my FIRST half marathon award!!! WOOHOOO!!

I also got a PR by almost 5 minutes. Last "raced" race for a longggggggggggg while, so I'm happy to have done so well.

DANGIT! LOL! This baby is making me FASTER!!!! I even contemplated still going for my BQ in 2 weeks...but don't worry, I'm not going to. I know, I KNOW that would be too much.

Having this awesome half to go out on was nice though, it gives me a lot of confidence that when I come back after the baby I WILL be looking at going to Boston sometime in the not so distant future Wink

Zelanie

Congrats, Vege!  Sounds like the baby will be a runner!

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

Awesome job Veggie! I don't know if you've been running with the baby in a stroller but if so could have done a lot of strengthening and increase in endurance!  I'm slow enough that I get passed in most races by folks pushing strollers! I'll need to outlive local Austin racers to hit an AG award! But gotta keep on keeping on all the same!

bob e v
                2014 goals: keep on running! Is there anything more than that?

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

Break the 1000 mi barrier!

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.

vegefrog

Bobev right now it's still in my belly! LOL! I'm only 12 weeks pregnant Wink BUT...I saw plenty of mom's and babies in strollers on the run. I asked one how old her baby was and how soon she started running again afterwards and she told me she was running again within 4 weeks. GOOD NEWS! I do plan to purchase a jogging stroller! Smile

an amazing likeness

I got 3rd in my AG, my FIRST half marathon award!!! WOOHOOO!!

I also got a PR by almost 5 minutes. Last "raced" race for a longggggggggggg while, so I'm happy to have done so well.

Way to rock it VF!  Goodness what a great 6-8 months of racing you've had...you on a hot streak. Wow.

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

Veg: awesome! Wonder if being pregnant actually helped with the AG? Could be possible at this stage, not much extra weight, so long no bad morning sickness, and a ton of hormones - legal drugs! LOL Congrats!

bob e v
                      2014 goals: keep on running! Is there anything more than that?

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

Break the 1000 mi barrier!

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.

Way to go VF!

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

Snickers1230

Hey guys!  I've been terrible about checking in lately.  I'm going to try to get better about that.  I've just been getting busier at work and I usually don't turn my laptop on when I get home.

My 15K ended up being a DNS.  I live in Houston and couldn't get Friday off work (race was Saturday).  I didn't want to start the 5 hour drive to Dallas at 7 PM just to crash at a hotel, wake up early to race, and head home after the race.  The original plan was to spend all day Friday in Dallas.  The race just wasn't important enough for me to drive, sleep, race, and drive again Smile.  I decided instead to do a 10 mile run at home to get ready for my half this weekend, which is a lot more important to me!  I did have a couple friends that went (they left Friday morning) so they were at least able to pick up my packet for me which included a sweatshirt that I paid for with the registration fees.

Formerly Jackie_601 on RW

Next up:

4/27 - Green 6.2 10K