Half Marathon Trainers

Intrepid Racers - December 7 & 8 (Read 15 times)

an amazing likeness

As our monthly topic says…December! Where has the year gone….

For those in the northern reaches training runs -- morning or evening, are almost always in dark during these shortest days winter.  But along dark stretches of road usually lit by our bouncing headlights, holiday lights have appeared on trees, porches and mailboxes waging battle against the dark and forming bright, twinkling random distance markers – perfect for random intervals.

Doesn’t look like Iam Bre has been active in this group for a bit, but her entry leads off our half marathon race calendar this week with a 1st time half.  This is the 7th first-time half on our 2013 calendar.

(rondog65, jerryb49, Zelanie, phillifan33, buckindb, ashleyw all ran 1st half this year)

We’re deep into Santa and Jingle Bell run season and Pandora29 has a great one on the schedule: starts at a very civilized 3PM; runs along a crowd-lined holiday parade route just before the parade and has Harpoon beer at the finish. Sounds like Santa Shuffle heaven.

Dec

Iam Bre

OUC   Half

Orlando, FL

Dec

Pandora29

Santa Shuffle 5K

Manchester, NH

Good luck, fleet feet and following winds on both segments of the out-and-back to our racers.  Don’t run behind the reindeer !

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Good luck ! Stay warm and have fun.  Don't forget to bring yoru jingle bells.

Run, Walk, Crawl, just Finish.

HF # 1189

redleaf

Good luck everyone!

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

You know, I hadn't even thought about the fact that there will be parade spectators!  All the more motivation to run strong.

The best part is that every runner will be issued a full Santa suit.  So imagine 3000 Santas all racing en masse down the city's main drag.  I am not sure how the Santa suit will feel or affect performance but, judging from past years' results, it looks like people manage!

Current PRs:  Half-marathon: 2:04:46 (Nov. 2013) /10k: 55:01 (Oct. 2013)/ 5K: 25:40 (Dec. 2013)

Upcoming races:  5k Jan. 25, 2013

Half marathon Feb. 23, 2014

Rondog65

Did the Santa Stampede 5K today, 24:14 a PR by 12 second!! This might be my last race for the year.  Have to make a decision of an upcoming Half Marathon February 2014, am I going to attempt the trilogy again?

Ron's PRs 5K 24:14 (12/07/2013); Half Marathon 1:53:33 (5/26/2013)

hog4life

Did the Santa Stampede 5K today, 24:14 a PR by 12 second!! This might be my last race for the year.  Have to make a decision of an upcoming Half Marathon February 2014, am I going to attempt the trilogy again?

Congrats on the PR!

redleaf

Congrats! Way to go Rondog65

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362