Half Marathon Trainers

Intrepid Racers - Dec 13 & 14 (Read 15 times)

an amazing likeness

After fighting through nagging injury and constantly changing work shifts to get to this point, hog4life toes the line this weekend for his marathon.

Dec 14 hog4life Rocket City Marathon  Huntsville, AL 1st Marathon

Hope you have a great day tomorrow -- despite the weather...despite life getting in the way of your training cycle.  Take it easy and run to what your body delivers....halfway is about at the 20mi mark.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

redleaf

Good luck hog4life! I can't wait to hear how you did Smile

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

Zelanie

Go Mitch! 

hog4life

Thanks everyone. Expo was good, scored a bunch of running clothes, but there was not a size 9.5 in the building!

Rondog65

Wishing you all the best!

Ron's PRs 5K 24:14 (12/07/2013); Half Marathon 1:53:33 (5/26/2013)

I hope you have a great race tomorrow.

hog4life

Just a quick check in, time was 5:36. I crossed the half in 2:14, then the wheels fell off. I finished with a smile though, so all was good.

Good job.  You just ran a marathon!  That's impressive.

Cyberic

It is impressive. Congratulations!

redleaf

Just a quick check in, time was 5:36. I crossed the half in 2:14, then the wheels fell off. I finished with a smile though, so all was good.

You crazy person! You just ran a marathon! Congrats.

(Sorry the wheels fell off. Did you learn enough to know why? I know you must be disappointed so I just hope you can feel accomplished!)

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

hog4life

You crazy person! You just ran a marathon! Congrats.

(Sorry the wheels fell off. Did you learn enough to know why? I know you must be disappointed so I just hope you can feel accomplished!)

I pretty sure there are several things that contributed to it, and I'll point this all out in the RR.

After being very sore and stiff last night, I feel remarkably well this morning. I'm heading out of town for an over night err with the wife; I'll work on the race report in a few days.

Thank you for the kind words!

Rondog65

I tip my hat to you for finishing a Marathon, an impressive accomplishment.

Ron's PRs 5K 24:14 (12/07/2013); Half Marathon 1:53:33 (5/26/2013)

Well done on finishing, that takes determination.

I look forward to the details.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

You finished and with a smile.  Sounds awesome to me!

Run, Walk, Crawl, just Finish.

HF # 1189