Half Marathon Trainers

Happy New Year! (Read 31 times)

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Happy 2014 All! I hope it's a wonderful year for all of you.

Today is Day 2 of Lisa (redleaf)'s back to back half marathons and my 5K Resolution Run.

How are you starting the new year? Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Cyberic

Happy new year everyone! I'm wishing you all the same thing I'm wishing myself: an injury free year!

I'll try more intervals runs where most of my running will be rather slow whereas last year I often ran "tempo runs" where I'd fix myself a target pace and held it for the whole run. I'm hoping this will lessen the chances of injuries. Not that I really got "run stopping" injuries last year, but spent most of the year with pains that moved from my knees, to my achille's tendon, then to my hips, and back down to my ankles.

It was easier to be "tough" last winter. I was bragging how I ran outside all winter. Well I'm doing it again this winter but it's much colder than last year. Oh well!

And redleaf... back to back 1/2Ms... congratulations on that!

redleaf

Well, I started 2014 the same way I ended 2013 - with a half marathon Wink

Bonne année et bonne santé!

As Cyberic99 said - to all an injury free year. I'll be thinking a lot during the rest of this week (we're on vacation now in Dallas tonight and off to Las Vegas in the morning) about what I want to do this year. You guys have all been so helpful and supportive and I thank you Smile

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

Docket_Rocket

Happy New Year!

I am killing time until surgery and did a 7 miler today.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

-38 celcius with the wind this morning. Geeez, this winter is tough. Still went out for a slow 8k with four layers on.

Docket_Rocket

Hi, guys.  Did 8 with 5 @ MP yesterday.  I was not planning on running that fast but they felt easy.  Hoping for 6 recovery miles today.  I might DNS the 10K tomorrow.  We'll see how I feel tonight (feeling under the weather).

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Happy New Year everyone!  Started with a speed workout in the bitter cold on New Year's Day - a fast quarter, a fast mile, a fast half, a fast mile, and a fast quarter plus jogging before, after, and in between for a total of 8 miles. Of course, my version of fast isn't necessarily that fast -- it's all relative, of course!  Then I decided yesterday's snowstorm would be a good day to designate as my once-a-week day off.

It was still slippery out and snowing much of the day today so I am -- please don't laugh - walking for 2 hours in my basement this evening.  I figure that covering about 6 miles walking can stand in for the easy 3 mile jog I would normally do at some point this week on one of my easy days.  You do what you gotta do in the winter; I don't want to pay for a treadmill or a gym membership.  Tomorrow I will be back in full force with a ten-miler and not REALLY off track at all, or at least not too much.

Current PRs:  Half-marathon: 2:04:46 (Nov. 2013) /10k: 55:01 (Oct. 2013)/ 5K: 25:40 (Dec. 2013)

Upcoming races:  5k Jan. 25, 2013

Half marathon Feb. 23, 2014

Cyberic

Although I do go out and run in snow and in the cold, I totally understand how one might find an indoor alternative to some outdoor conditions, for example during a storm/blizzard. I sometimes envy Docket_Rocket and her nice Florida weather, but at the same time the hard weather conditions make us tougher Pandora29!

Smile

hog4life

3 easy miles this morning in feels like 8. Hopefully a few more tomorrow.

I started the new year with a Frosty 5k and it was frosty.   Although yesterday and today are much worse.  Had to taken inside to the Treadmill.  -6F without the windchill and roads still icy..Better to be safe.  Going to try to get outside tomorrow, supposed to be in the 20's to start and up to 43 - a heat wave..lol

Run, Walk, Crawl, just Finish.

HF # 1189

That's it - we're tough Cyberic99! And Barbs and all the other cold weather people too!

This morning it's been in the negative degrees Farenheit , so I am waiting until 2 p.m at which point it should be a balmy 20 degrees.

Current PRs:  Half-marathon: 2:04:46 (Nov. 2013) /10k: 55:01 (Oct. 2013)/ 5K: 25:40 (Dec. 2013)

Upcoming races:  5k Jan. 25, 2013

Half marathon Feb. 23, 2014

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  6 miles last night.  More tonight.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

Happy new year everyone!  Hard to believe it's already time for me to start my training cycle for my spring half.  I've been feeling awfully heavy-legged lately, but wasn't sure how much of it was mental.  I got out for the first tempo run of my current plan, and it went just fine.  I let myself run it about 10 seconds slow just to sort of ease back into things, and that seemed to do the trick.  Good thing because I was honestly a bit nervous about getting out there at all.  Hopefully the structure is just what I need.  I've started on the Pfitz plan I used last year, but will bump up the mileage in the early weeks, I think.  I will consider swapping to Daniels once the 3rd edition of Running Formula comes out, hopefully in a few days

Lisa- Way to go on the back to back half marathons last weekend!  Fantastic!

Meg- Thanks for getting us started.

Cyberic- It has been a cold winter so far.  Good luck to you!

D- Good to see you back in the swing of things.

Pandora- Hats off to you for finding a way to stay active!

Mitch- Hiya! Smile

Barbs- I hope the Frosty 5K went well!

hog4life

Great run Zel

Are yall in the Polar Bear club or something? Those temps/conditions sound tuff, or fun, I guess it depends, huh?

I had a similar run today like Zel, calling it a tempo, 5.02 miles at 9:05. No pains or discomfort while running. The wife wants to go visit Savannah, so looks like I need to get signed up for the R&R.

redleaf

resting - yesterday, today and tomorrow. Smile

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362