Half Marathon Trainers

July (Read 26 times)

Cyberic

Hi,

Hope everybody is still training in the heat and humidity Smile

June was a PB month for me in terms of total distance: 328.9 km or 204.4 miles.

Now I have no idea what July is going to be like because of my vacation to Spain. I hope to hit at least 200 km or 125 miles. I'm only leavin on the 11th so I have time to run at my regular schedule before I leave. It should be good.

June was also my highest mileage month this year 105.4.  Was shooting for 100 and didn't think I was going to make it.  Going to try again this month.  Started wit 4.3 hot humid miles at 5:30am.  Decided i just have to deal with it and it will make me stronger for my September half.

Cyber - I read your distance and went holy crap he ran 328miles - hwo did he do that.  Then I reread it and was like ok I don't feel like such a slacker..lol

Run, Walk, Crawl, just Finish.

HF # 1189

Cyberic

Hahaha, not even close. Last summer I was training in heat and humidity and making no *apparent* progress but I was improving. It showed in the HM I ran in the fall. Keep at it. It IS making you tougher.

June was also my highest mileage month this year 105.4.  Was shooting for 100 and didn't think I was going to make it.  Going to try again this month.  Started wit 4.3 hot humid miles at 5:30am.  Decided i just have to deal with it and it will make me stronger for my September half.

Cyber - I read your distance and went holy crap he ran 328miles - hwo did he do that.  Then I reread it and was like ok I don't feel like such a slacker..lol

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

June was my highest month this year and last week (June 23-29) was my first week I've broken 30 miles since 2012. I've switched over to running the majority of my runs early in the morning.  I'm feeling pretty good about running these days.

Barb, humidity is a bitch. I did some runs in June in 95% humidity and, considering we usually sit around about 35% humidity, that was a struggle. It will make you stronger. Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hi, guys.  June was an OK month for me, and a PB for this year after many months of low miles, surgery and recovery.  Still, far off from my usual.  I did 9 miles on the TM yesterday with 2 X 2 miles @ HMP.  I have Pilates and a run tonight.

Damaris

Zelanie

Hey guys, so far so good for me!  Finally hit my target pace for my speed workout yesterday, because I used a treadmill to pace myself. Smile  Hoping to get over 200 miles for this month, but there are a couple of events associated with this trip that might keep me from running on a few days.  We'll see.

hog4life

Eric, 200 miles is a big milestone, congrats. I hope to hit it soon.

I have taken 6 full days off, and finally run 4 miles last night. They were very slow miles, but miles. I'll run a little again tonight. My official plan for my Sept half starts next week, so I'm hoping the rest will make for a good cycle. I've got my eyes on a couple more halves, one on Oct 19, and another on Nov 8, just waiting for some extra funds to get registered.

redleaf

Went to swimming lessons on Wednesday evening and ran a nice easy 5.5km last night. Hope to get the same distance in tonight. Just easing back into this whole running thing Smile

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

Cyberic

Eric, 200 miles is a big milestone, congrats. I hope to hit it soon.

I have taken 6 full days off, and finally run 4 miles last night. They were very slow miles, but miles. I'll run a little again tonight. My official plan for my Sept half starts next week, so I'm hoping the rest will make for a good cycle. I've got my eyes on a couple more halves, one on Oct 19, and another on Nov 8, just waiting for some extra funds to get registered.

Thanks. It wasn't too hard either, except on Sundays I feel very tired after the 2 hours+ long run.

You race a lot, I just run. Easier for me ( I think) to hit bigger mileage. Before a race, there's often a little taper, and after a little recovery time...

I don't think I would have planned time off of running any time soon, but I'm getting more and more comfortable with the idea that I will run less in my 28 days in Spain. It will serve as a little break from running. I have two non run-stopping injuries that I carry. Maybe decreasing on the mileage and taking more days off will help cure those. If it does that, then it will even be beneficial.

So hopefully your rest was beneficial. I'm sure it was. You ran big steady miles in the past months.

Cyber - I still don't know how you guys get your mileage that high - no small accomplishment.  I was pretty happy hitting 105.

5 mile race yesterday - started with rain and 90%+ humidity, but  I finished 56:18..missed my goal by 1:18 but happy with it.  I put a report in the race reports thread.  Planning a short easy run today after work.  Storm has finally ended here and taken the humidity with it.

Lisa - great for the swimming and easy back into running

Hog - Rest can be good - good luck with the training.  Bet you will be stronger than ever.

Zel - Glad you are still able to be getting some training in.  I had forgotten you were away, was getting a little worried.

D_R - what can I say - you are a machine running in all that humidity and heat..wow

HF # 1189

hog4life

Eric, I'm trying not to race as much this year and focus more on just running and building miles. But October is usually a busy month for races around here. Maybe I won't fall victim to it like I usually do, ha.

Barb, those conditions for your race sound like Alabama. Congrats on getting through it.

After taking 6 days off, and doing absolutely nothing, except working and house chores, I got out on Friday and did an easy 4 miles to see how things felt. Everything was good, so woke up early on Sat for a long run of 12.5 miles. Immediately after the run, showered, hydrate, loaded the bikes up, drove 2 hours and grabbing some food on the way. We went to a rail trail system called the Chief Ladiga Trail. It's part of the Silver Comet trail that runs from Atlanta Georgia to Anniston, Alabama, and covers a total distance of ~94 miles one way. We started at the Alabama end, and rode 34.5 miles to the Georgia state line and back. 69 miles and 9 hours later, we were heading home.

Then today(Sunday), got up for a run of 10.2 hilly miles with 48 running peeps from a local FB group.

Sum all that up....the rest did some good. I feel quite refreshed. And I have a 2 day total of 92 miles.

hog4life

Progression run on the TM for 90 minutes. I think that's the longest ever on a TM. Thunderstorms kept me from running outside.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Good job on the race, Barb! Keep striving. You'll break that 55 minutes. Smile

Lisa, I struggle with that crosstraining part of things. Good for you!

HL, that's impressive. I find DM so much harder than running outside.

I couldn't run early today so it looks like suppertime miles which will suck because it's going to be a hot one today. Lately, my paces are really uneven on longer runs. A lot of up and down mile to mile even though it doesn't feel like it when I'm out there. Not sure if I'm just tired or if I'm close to breaking through another training plateau. It still amazes me I can run around 10:30 miles and feel comfortable.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

That's awesome Meg.  I can't wait to get back there.   It has been a long tough year and now with the low HR training it seems like I am never going to get back to the 9:30-10min mile.  One can dream.  Those after supper miles suck...I hate them as you know, that is why Ihave to get up at 5a, but I do love the quiet mornings.  Wish we lived closer so I could drag you along.

Hog I hate the DM, but in the winter that is where the LR are done.  Kudos to you.

Lisa I love that you are mixing it up.

Running outside every morning 3-5 miles during the week. Humidity has been back and is supposed to leave again for the weekend.  I hope so as I have a long run planned for Saturday - hoping for 90 min-2 hours.

HF # 1189

redleaf

Thanks all. I managed 9 and a bit km in the heat on Saturday but I'm having a hard time logging my garmin to RA right now. I then slammed my knee into Toby's desk and took Sunday and Monday to ice and treat with anti-inflammatories, No running last night due to a sick 3 year old. Sigh.

BUT I snuck out of the house early this morning and went to yoga at 7 am while Toby took Q to day care. It was quite lovely. No swimming tonight thanks to my own sniffles but the knee should be good to run again tomorrow morning. I have an 8k race on Sunday - should be fun. It's my first race at this distance so automatic PR right?

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362