Half Marathon Trainers

February thread? (Read 209 times)

We are already half way through the month! I am trying to make good use of the slightly longer daylight hours and a mild spell we have had to get more running done-jumping up from around 25 miles per week last month to about 40 miles this week. I don't expect this to cause a problem as I had run this sort of mileage last year, and I am running 5 days this week instead of 3-4 days. Had a great tempo run last night, 10k in about 50 minutes, and felt really strong at the end, LSD today. Public holiday tomorrow, Monday is usually a rest day, so maybe short recovery run, I'll see how I feel.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

Jazz hands!

Wahoo! This week is the week I'm making the jump from 4 days to 5 days a week. I was going to do it last week, but a race last Sunday totally wiped me out for a few days. 25 mpw... here I come!
      run run run AHHHHHH run run run
      Lu481

I would like to increase my mileage to 40mpw, but I'm still having problems consistently staying over 30mpw. Isn't it horrible when life interfers with your running? *smile* Only a few days left until the Dead Sea 1/2 marathon. I'm so excited.... I'm going to do an easy run this afternoon, then take Thursday and Friday off. I'll let you guys know how I do... Wish me luck! Lu