Fitness/weight goals for 2014
1) STAY INJURY FREE!!!
2) Get to 199 lbs by the Greenway Marathon (3-23-14)...and stay there (as of 12-09-13 was at 214lbs)
3) Get to 190 lbs by the end of May…and stay there!
4) Complete Ironman Chattanooga in under 14 hours
5) Break 4 hours in a stand alone marathon (Goal race=Rocket City 12/13/14)
5) 4,500 total overall miles for the year:
Swim: 100 miles
Bike: 3,000 miles
Run: 1,400 miles
PBs since age 60: 5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.
10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.
Nature is unable to make a really first-class job of anything if she is hustled...
Halifax Bluenose HM May 2014
Toronto Waterfront HM October 2014
Prince of Fatness
"Today I broke my record for most consecutive days lived!"
Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b) Mile by Mile
Yes, Cheffy's been posting in the Ladies' Locker Room. She was very sick over the weekend, but is doing better now.
Hey, Larry, DS's 4xmile relay team came in 11th (out of 26) in the national meet (NSIC) in NYC on Saturday. Then he finished 9th (out of 20) in the two-mile yesterday. He won his heat, which was fun. He's starting to get interest from schools like Amherst and Georgetown now. Whatever happens, he's having a blast! He gets to take two weeks off from running, then outdoor track starts.
Have fun in Florida!