Half Marathon Trainers

Half Marathon Trainers-March 2009 (Read 607 times)

IMKY13 finish!!

Welcome to March...I can't beleive it's March already. I just wanted to say hello to everyone on here. I haven't been on here as much as i used to since I've gotten my new job (was unemployed for about 6 weeks, so not too bad there). I haven't been running as much as I'd like to either, and it's been showing in some on my times. Hopefully with this new month, my mileage will increase and my times will drop a bit. Hope everyone is doing well!!! And keep on runnin!!!

Fitness/weight goals for 2014

1) STAY INJURY FREE!!!

2) Get to 189 lbs by the end of July 2014...and stay there (as of 4-25-14 was at 203 lbs)

3) Complete Ironman Chattanooga in under 14 hours

4) Break 4 hours in a stand alone marathon (Goal race=Rocket City 12/13/14)

5) 4,500 total overall miles for the year:

Swim: 100 miles

Bike: 3,000 miles

Run: 1,400 miles

Lu481

Hi all, The Dead Sea 1/2 marathon got canceled twice and I was totally devastated. It was the biggest thing I had been looking forward to since the beginning of October when I arrived in Egypt. Now it's going to happen on April 18th and I won't be around for it. Sad I am however planning on running the Sharm El-Sheik 1/2 Marathon on the 13th of this month so wish me luck. My goal right now is to consistently get in over 30 mpw. I'm still trying to build it up to 40mpw, but for some reason, life keeps interfering with my running. Smile Have a great month, Lu

Jazz hands!

Hopefully for me March will see the rise of the 25-mile week and the appearance of the double-digit long run, and the continued lowering of my "easy run" pace.
        run run run AHHHHHH run run run
          I reached a new high point for mileage last week,44 miles or 70kms. Almost makes up for taking off 5 consecutive days the previous week, for 17 miles, or 27kms. Mr. Inconsistency, that's me! The months are ok, though, I am about 60 miles ahead of last year at the end of February. Let us know how the race goes, Lu.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

Another good week-67kms/42 miles in 4 runs. Missed Saturday so extended my long run on Sunday to 27kms/17 miles, went pretty smoothly. Anyone else want to check in?

Hello March! Just passed the 1,000 mile pace bunny, which means I can officially (my rules) join the 2000km (1,257 miles?) group. I'm working my way up to a 30 mile week... Happy monday, A

Recalculating...

Gatting ready to run again from ankle injury that has kept me down for a month. Really looking forward to it though. Read 2 good books in that time that made me want to run so im rather inspired for my half in October.
                2009 Goals (nobody laugh) Run 800 miles or more Run 12 or more 5ks Run 2 10ks Get 5k times in 25's Run a 3 miler in 24:29 or less Run in HM in October

Prince of Fatness

I haven't checked in in a while. Wow, my HM is only 7 weeks away, May 5. I still have some minor pain in the shins, but it hasn't kept me from racking up some decent mileage. I am running a 10 mile race on April 4. I haven't raced since last August, so I will give this a go so I know where I am fitness wise. Right now I have no idea how I am going to pace the half.

Not at it at all. 

Nvr2Late

Ran a 10K race this morning & finished in 69:04. Felt good about it considering the first half was up the mountain (40 mins) Shocked & the 2nd half was back down the mountain. Just 2 more weeks until the half. This race was a test to see how well my strained muscle has healed. There's only a little tightness, so I don't have to worry about it anymore. Big grin
                      Good job, 2late! Nice to see you back, Mr.PH. My mileage has been as inconsistent as usual-last 2 weeks lots of good running, this week almost nothing. In my defense, a friend died this week, of cancer, which another very close friend also has, and I really was not in the mood. Visitation was Friday night, so no run, funeral Saturday, bright sunny day but cold, 30F in the morning. Charlie was a long time member of a car club I am involved with, so as a tribute it was decided as many as possible would come to the funeral in our (Triumph) sports cars, mine is a 1965 with wire wheels. We went with the top down and nearly froze, but Charlie would have smiled! After 3 days off I had a great 10 miler on Saturday afternoon, lots of energy, fast pace with little effort. My race is last Sunday in April, time to start thinking about some tempo runs. Good runs to all! Simon.

Now up to 500kms for the year-give or take a tenth! Last year it took me to the end of April to reach this point, so if everyone is right about mileage this should foretell good race results later in the year.

Okay everyone, I shove off for Fl and won't be back until the 26th. I'm still hoping ot run a 5K in Lauderdale on the 21st, but I've emailed the race directors twice for directions etc and haven't heard back from them. If I don't have an email from them by the time I get home tonight, I'mm going to save myself $25 and just run when I feel like it when I'm down there. Catch you all when I get back. PS Has anyone heard from Cheffy lately? Larry

LPH

"Today I broke my record for most consecutive days lived!"

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Yes, Cheffy's been posting in the Ladies' Locker Room. She was very sick over the weekend, but is doing better now. Hey, Larry, DS's 4xmile relay team came in 11th (out of 26) in the national meet (NSIC) in NYC on Saturday. Then he finished 9th (out of 20) in the two-mile yesterday. He won his heat, which was fun. He's starting to get interest from schools like Amherst and Georgetown now. Whatever happens, he's having a blast! He gets to take two weeks off from running, then outdoor track starts. Have fun in Florida!
                            Ringmaster

Hey--sorry I've been MIA. Was at the park with the littles on Thursday and listen to this--I had my big toenail KICKED OFF by a random little kid. Well, my fault, I guess, who wears sandals to the park? But, end result, podiatrist had to finish the job and there's no running until the thing gets a scab over it. He said it'd be a week max but it doesnt' look like it's anything close to it. I'm going stir crazy! Hubs says it's forced post-marathon recovery, since I was on pace to log close to 30 mi the week after I ran it, but I miss it and I fear what it'll do for my summer conditioning. Nothing to it but to cross train while I wait, though. Glad to hear everyone else's training is on track . . . keep posting those race reports!

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b)
                              Mile by Mile

Yes, Cheffy's been posting in the Ladies' Locker Room. She was very sick over the weekend, but is doing better now. Hey, Larry, DS's 4xmile relay team came in 11th (out of 26) in the national meet (NSIC) in NYC on Saturday. Then he finished 9th (out of 20) in the two-mile yesterday. He won his heat, which was fun. He's starting to get interest from schools like Amherst and Georgetown now. Whatever happens, he's having a blast! He gets to take two weeks off from running, then outdoor track starts. Have fun in Florida!
                                That's great about DS, really becoming a Star and don't you love it? Sorry to hear that Cheffy is sick, but good to kow that she is around. Well, there was no email from the race organizers in Ft Lauderdale, so they can kiss my butt goodbye and I can sleep in that morning instead of havaing to get up to run a 7AM race. Not only that, but registration closes at 6AM. I'll just enjoy running on my own along the strip and appreciating the scenary . After all, it is Spring Break for a lot of people. Catch everyone later. Larry

LPH

"Today I broke my record for most consecutive days lived!"