Half Marathon Trainers

Half Marathon Trainers - April 2009 (Read 688 times)

Managed 1:32:04 but my splits went from 6.48 to 7.17 as my bad leg tightened but then managed the last mile in 7.00 then some guy who was huffing and puffing had the nerve to pass me so I was forced to open up and took him and next guy in front I was annoyed as I always think at my age its undignified to finish a race panting!
    1:32:04, my god man that is flying, Nice job Smile Larry

LPH

"Today I broke my record for most consecutive days lived!"

Been quite here this week! Wanted to let everyone know that I hit 31 miles this past week which included 10 miles today. Although it was windy (no atter what direction I was running) it was warm (in the 60s) and a beautiful day for running. I was worried a few weeks back about being able to get ready for 5/31, but everything is starting to shape up well. Still working on keeping my runs easy and not worrying about times or speed right now. Catch everyone later. Larry

LPH

I have been tapering this week, and slightly last week. I have been doing some faster runs, but ran only three times for a total of 22 miles or so. This morning I am trying to track the progress (at Boston) of a guy I know slightly, who is trying for 3 hours. he is an amputee, so this would be a truly remarkable achievement. Last time I talked to him in person was at the Toronto half last October, he ran 1:28Tight lippedx.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

Perhaps I should have added: Rick Ball-5424. He reached 10k in 42:04, the half in 1:2723, 30k in 2:04:54 and is projected to finish in 2:56 which would be a new world record for an amputee!

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

Ringmaster

That's remarkable. I was just reading the story of Dick Traum, who founded the Achilles club, in my First Marathons book, and he really put my goals in perspective. One of his athletes remarked that if she could do speedwork and hillwork and strengthen her weakest parts, she could only imagine what she could do with her strongest parts. Wow. And here I sit. "Watching" people I've spoken or corresponded with as they run this great race has been very inspiring. Someday.

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b)
            Mile by Mile

Vix, I'm inspired today as well, after following a friend inthe Boston Marathon. She was a friend of my sons in high school and ran track (long distance) and Cross Country. She was always the last person to finish just about every event, but she always stuck it out and finished. She was running in her 4th Boston Marathin this year. We always support her with contributions to a charity so that she can compete. She told us that this was going to be her year and she was going to quality on her own and she went out and did exactly that, finishing in 3:37:23 and needed to break 3:40. I monitored her race and she was running at a 8:28 pace for the first 20K but finished with a 8:18 pace which means she must have run around a 8:08 pace for the last 20K. I calculate that her 2nd half was around a 1:47HM. Not too shabby We almost decided to take the day off and go up with her parents and watch and now we are kicking ourselves that we didn't go. At the moment, I've got the Marathon bug. Larry

LPH

IMKY13 finish!!

Any body here on Facebook as well? BTW...Eric did a kewl job with the RA ap for FB too

Fitness/weight goals for 2014

1) STAY INJURY FREE!!!

2) Get to 189 lbs by the end of July 2014...and stay there (as of 4-25-14 was at 203 lbs)

3) Complete Ironman Chattanooga in under 14 hours

4) Break 4 hours in a stand alone marathon (Goal race=Rocket City 12/13/14)

5) 4,500 total overall miles for the year:

Swim: 100 miles

Bike: 3,000 miles

Run: 1,400 miles

IMKY13 finish!!

At the moment, I've got the Marathon bug. Larry
                  Watching/following marathons will do that Cool

Fitness/weight goals for 2014

1) STAY INJURY FREE!!!

2) Get to 189 lbs by the end of July 2014...and stay there (as of 4-25-14 was at 203 lbs)

3) Complete Ironman Chattanooga in under 14 hours

4) Break 4 hours in a stand alone marathon (Goal race=Rocket City 12/13/14)

5) 4,500 total overall miles for the year:

Swim: 100 miles

Bike: 3,000 miles

Run: 1,400 miles

Watching/following marathons will do that Cool
                    I might seriously look at how I can adjust my training and maybe do the Hartford Marathon in Oct. I'll have to take a close look at other races that I would normally do as well. LPH

LPH

Teresadfp

One day at a time

We just got back from Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico, so I promise I won't sneeze on you! We had a great time. We found that if we ran as soon as it got light (7:15 am), it was nice and cool. I ran 5 days and DH went with me 4 times! I want to go back...

Prince of Fatness

At the moment, I've got the Marathon bug.
                        Yeah, me too. Watching Boston I realized that I really want to make it there. 3:30 will do it and I'm going to try in September. My half is this weekend. Because of the marathon I am really not backing down on mileage for the half. I'll take it a little easier later this week. If I can get down to about 1:37 this weekend I think I have a reasonable shot at a BQ in September.

Not at it at all.