Half Marathon Trainers

Intrepid Racers - Oct 26 & 27 (Read 13 times)

an amazing likeness

If there’s any one mile split I end up despising during a half marathon, it’s almost always usually mile 10 – 11, with 11 – 12 running a close second.  When you pass the mile 12 marker, all thoughts immediately go to how there’s only 1 mile left…and…phhfft…that’s just a mile. But back there around mile 11, the euphoria of hitting 10 has faded and the next 2 mile splits seem to take forever, and a day, each.

Two half marathons on our race calendar this weekend: I don’t think every-weekend racer Docket_Rocket passes through these parts much, so no idea about that.

Hog4life is working through his marathon training plan and looking to post a new PR in the half along the way. Don’t know if all the injury setbacks will let that happen this weekend, but if not…it’s the right time for a fitness test to guide the rest of the marathon training.

Oh....forgot to add...Vegfrog is back for a 5K with her baby in stroller.  A guaranteed new PR V!...but I'm not sure how to record stroller PRs in the log...

Oct

Docket_Rocket

Halloween Half

Miami Beach, FL

Oct

hog4life

Life Without Limits Half 

Florence, AL

Oct

vegefrog

Run for the Dolphins 5K

Summerville, SC

Sending wishes for fleet feet, following winds, and a mercifully short miles 10.2 - 12 to all our racers.  Go get ‘em!

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

redleaf

We'll be cheering for you hog4life!

And good luck vegefrog! I have a hard enough time finding energy with an almost three year old I am in awe of you running now!

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

Good luck everyone.

I didn't put this on the schedule as it is not a half, but I am going to do a 5k or 10 k this Sunday.  Not sure as my leg started to bother me on Monday and I don't know if I should push it or not.  I have done 4 miles the last 2 days on the treadmill with a little soreness.  I will make my final decision tomorrow when I pick up my bib.  I am so torn- I know I can do the 10k, but I am afraid of risking further injury.   It sucks running and feeling injured.

Run, Walk, Crawl, just Finish.

HF # 1189

Zelanie

Good luck to Mitch, Veg, and Barbs!  Though some of it might be belated at this point. Smile  Hoping you had or are having a great time!

redleaf

Good luck everyone.

I didn't put this on the schedule as it is not a half, but I am going to do a 5k or 10 k this Sunday.  Not sure as my leg started to bother me on Monday and I don't know if I should push it or not.  I have done 4 miles the last 2 days on the treadmill with a little soreness.  I will make my final decision tomorrow when I pick up my bib.  I am so torn- I know I can do the 10k, but I am afraid of risking further injury.   It sucks running and feeling injured.

I don't think it has to be a half to go on the calendar!

Good luck

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

hog4life

Quick check in, it was a rough day at 2:03:38. I'll do a RR with more details later.

an amazing likeness

Quick check in, it was a rough day at 2:03:38. I'll do a RR with more details later.

uh Oh...that doesn't sound good....but at least you got the miles logged...

an amazing likeness

Like Barbs595B, I pulled a race-day decision today and headed out to run a 10K that I've been meaning to get to for a while. Had no time or pace goal in mind...just to run at about 90% effort for the most part and maybe pick It up from 5.5mi to finish. Ended up pulling a 10K PR out of thin air.  Ran with no overall time info displayed my watch, so I had no idea until the last turn to the finish and could see the clock...that was a major surprise.

Beautiful ocean side course as I'd heard ahead of time. Flat, certified, perfectly marked and well marshaled.  Small race, with ~250 runners (2 or 3 women who ran in last year's Olympic marathon qualifier by my count..), winner ran a 30:54 as a "training run"!

Great run MT - I had a good 5K myslef.  Best run since my injury in March 31:08- just did a race report.  Very happy with the time and pain free!  Sometimes I think these are the best races - no watch, no mile timers.

Run, Walk, Crawl, just Finish.

HF # 1189