Half Marathon Trainers

April (Read 44 times)

I have been out of action for a couple of days with a painful twinge in my right knee, I think from descending steep hills on a trail run. This sometimes causes me problems.

Managed a 30 minute session on the bike-to-nowhere and hope things will feel better tonight.

Good luck with your 10k Snickers!

Hope the hamstring heals quickly Happy Feat!

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

redleaf

Hope everyone's hamstrings and other injuries heal quickly and completely for you all!

I ran a 10k race on Sunday in lieu of my last long run before the half on Sunday. The week was a bit crazy though as my husband has been away for work for the first time since Q was born (in Jan 2011) so I wasn't at all prepared for how to fit in running and work and Q. So I'm kinda happy I managed a couple of fast (for me) 5km runs by running Q to daycare.

We fly to Montreal tomorrow morning and I run on Sunday - a 10 a.m. start. Very civilized I think. I'm looking forward to the May thread to help me be accountable!

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

hog4life

Good luck redleaf!

I switched my LR to today instead of tomorrow, I got 12.8 and stopped ther when the bottom of my heels starting aching. I run yesterday in a different pair of shoes, and I think that's the problem. I just need to retire them along with another pair, they each have 600 miles on them. I've had 4 pairs in rotation and I think that's how I got them to 600. Now I need to go buy more shoes, meh!

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Took a RD today, for tomorrow's LR.  I have been stretching/rolling my foot, hoping that peroneal tendonditis pain will be better.

Toes crossed Smile

My knee held up for 8kms yesterday but felt sore afterwards. I hope it will be ok today, then I will not worry about it.

Nice to hear you are back into racing, Redleaf!

Take it easy Jerry and Mitch.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

Snickers1230

I ended up not getting to my 10K on Saturday.  But I did run 5.3 miles to make up for it.

Hoping to go out to run tonight.  I'm sure I'm going to try to talk myself out of it because I'm really tired, but I hope my running brain is able to convince my tired brain that it's still okay to run.  It will help a lot if my husband is up for a run (he just started couch to 5K)

Formerly Jackie_601 on RW

Next up:

4/27 - Green 6.2 10K

Zelanie

Howdy, everyone.  April has been a mixed bag for me.  I ended up with some pretty bad knee pain after my half.  The first week I sort of tried to fight it/run through it, but it was just getting worse, so I took last week entirely off.  That seems to have done the trick as this week I've run two very short runs and I don't feel it at all.  Hoping to get back to "normal" in May and then figure out what the next race I'm aiming for is!