Half Marathon Trainers

Half Marathon Trainers-January 2009 (Read 538 times)

IMKY13 finish!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! Smile

Fitness/weight goals for 2014

1) STAY INJURY FREE!!!

2) Get to 189 lbs by the end of July 2014...and stay there (as of 4-25-14 was at 203 lbs)

3) Complete Ironman Chattanooga in under 14 hours

4) Break 4 hours in a stand alone marathon (Goal race=Rocket City 12/13/14)

5) 4,500 total overall miles for the year:

Swim: 100 miles

Bike: 3,000 miles

Run: 1,400 miles

Thanks, and same to you. Shortened my run last night as I overdressed and got too hot, will try again this afternoon, then off to see movie "Australia", probably the country where I would most like to live.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

Thanks, and same to you. Shortened my run last night as I overdressed and got too hot, will try again this afternoon, then off to see movie "Australia", probably the country where I would most like to live.
        You don't love running in -20 wind chill here in the GTA? I don't understand. Wink Hope everyone has a great 2009! Stay healthy! Run Fast! Set PRs!
          Thanks and same to you and everyone else that stops in. Okay, I have successfully completed four days of training (threadmill) with no calf pains or issues. I'm taking it relatively slow and not training everyday and won't do many consecutive days for a while as well. Did 4.5 miles yesterday plus a mile of walking and gradually increasing my Elevation and speed. So far the legs, ankles, breathing and all feels find, not tiring at all. Who knows, if we get a 45 degree day on the weekends, I might get outside and run. So I'm slowly getting back in the groove and that also means that I'll feel like stopping in here more often again to say hello and see how everyone is doing. Larry

LPH

"Today I broke my record for most consecutive days lived!"

Hey Vixi, By the way, I'm still heading to Ft Lauderdale/Miami in mid March for NCAA Mens Basketball Tournament. If you know of any races scheduled for Fri 3/20 or late Sat 3/21 let me know or if you know of some good websites that I can check out for local FL races, let me know. I'd like to do a 5K or maybe a 5M just to enjoy some warmer weather and get a nice easy race in. Larry

LPH

Larry i hope you are still making progress. Bitterly cold here, which is preventing me from running as much as I should, but did a really hard tempo last night, just over 5k, 26 minutes all bundled up in layers of clothing, so happy with that result. Temp -26 Celsius this morning, about -15 F. Will try the exercise bike in the basement tonight!

Hi Simon, I've been hitting the Threadmill just about every other day and so far everything is really good, but I'm not pushing it and mostly only doing 4 miles. I'm going to be away for a few days and my schedule will probably prevent me from getting my workout in, but that's better than not getting it in because of injury. I'll increase a little bit Feb 1st, but not too much and will probably not do 5 workouts a week until March timeframe. I hate the cold, which is why in the Winter, I stay indoors on the dreadmill. Do what you can to stay warm and be cafrefull you don't get sick

LPH

IMKY13 finish!!

if you know of some good websites that I can check out for local FL races, let me know
                  how about this race...it's in Tampa. Not sure how far that is from where you will be: http://www.lionseyefoundation.org/index.php?section=1 or you can try this web-site: http://www.runningintheusa.com/RacesByState.asp?State=FL&Month=3

Fitness/weight goals for 2014

1) STAY INJURY FREE!!!

2) Get to 189 lbs by the end of July 2014...and stay there (as of 4-25-14 was at 203 lbs)

3) Complete Ironman Chattanooga in under 14 hours

4) Break 4 hours in a stand alone marathon (Goal race=Rocket City 12/13/14)

5) 4,500 total overall miles for the year:

Swim: 100 miles

Bike: 3,000 miles

Run: 1,400 miles

Clear night with lots of stars, cold at -14 C, but little wind. Ran 10.5 kms easy, squeaked the snow under my shoes all the way. Couple of snowmobiles passed me going the other way and immediately thought "What are those idiots doing out in the cold on those smelly things when they could be at home having a beer?" Realised immediately they were probably wondering wjat kind of idiot would be out running....Good runs. everybody! Simon.

Paul, I'll be on the East Coast in FT Lauderdale/Miami and Tampa is on the West coast and north, so not feasible. However, I will check out the website later and see what I can fine. Thanks for the info.
                      how about this race...it's in Tampa. Not sure how far that is from where you will be: http://www.lionseyefoundation.org/index.php?section=1 or you can try this web-site: http://www.runningintheusa.com/RacesByState.asp?State=FL&Month=3

LPH

Paul, Thanks a lot. I had a chance to check out the link last night and found a 5M/5K race in Ft Lauderdale on Sunday March 22nd which is when I'll be there, so it should be perfect to just get them warm air and go out and run an easy race and have fun. Larry

LPH

Ringmaster

Hey, Larry, sorry it took me so long to see your question. I'm more in tune with the races up my end, which is a couple counties north. I'm hoping the 5k I ran last year that weekend will be repeated, but it would be a couple hours' drive for you and not worth it. I'm glad you found something that's more doable. Of course, our state's coast-to-coast relay is run that weekend, too . . . Big grin Sorry I've been so absent. I'm running . . . I'm six weeks out from my marathon and thinking crazy thoughts. I just clicked the "register" button over at active and now I'm wondering WHAT WAS I THINKING? But training is going mostly well. I've got another 20 this weekend and I'm hoping to have company for at least some of the early miles. When I get past this race I'll settle down and start picking out HMs.

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b)
                          Mile by Mile

Good luck with your marathon, Vixi, that's a big commitment. I am sure your determination will get you through the training and you will have a great time!

Prince of Fatness

It's been a while so I thought I would check in. I'm starting to feel the mojo come back. I finally have my mileage up to where I want it to be. All just easy miles for now. In a couple of weeks I'll add a midweek tempo run to the schedule. Still doing the yoga twice a week and really like it. My half is May 3. I'd like to do well, but this time it won't be a goal race. The goal is a marathon in the fall, so I'll probably not have much of a taper for the half. If that has an effect on my time, so be it. Vixi, good luck with your marathon. Happy running, all.

Not at it at all. 

Hey MrPHinNJ Sounds like me, starting to get my MOJO back as well. I knew I was kind of out of sorts not being to run for three months, but now that I look back, I'd have to say that I was in a depression. Even though I'm only doing the threadmill (Too fking cold outside for me) I'm feeling so much better, I'm eating healthier again and drinking less alcohol, and back to stretching, floor exercise and light weights and have already lost 5 lbs (I put on about 10 in the dark days). And best of all, I feel like being back here with all of you. LPH

LPH