Half Marathon Trainers

Intrepid Racers - April 6 & 7 (Read 15 times)

an amazing likeness

Sorry folks, but some life things have kept me away...so not able to do anything for this weekend's racers other than post the who has races in the calendar...

Apr 7 Snickers1230 Angie's Half Crazy Half 13.1 mi Clear Lake, TX

2:30

or bust/better 

Apr 6 hog4life Oak Barrel Half 13.1 mi Lynchburg, TN

whiskey up 

Apr 7 Jerryb49 Knoxville Half 13.1 mi Knoxville, TN

2:15

Apr 7 bounce76 April Fools Half 13.1 mi Atlantic City, NJ

tbd

Apr 7 Docket_Rocket Paris Marathon 42.2K Paris, France

tbd

Good luck all !  Special shout out to Jerryb49 running 1st HM and Snickers1230 for #3 in the past 4 or 5 weeks (I think Confused)

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

hog4life

Thanks MT for the shout out.

Just a quick check in, I'll get more details up later. Time was 1:55:13, which was a course PR from 2:01:27 from last year, but no where near the 1:51:33 PR run back in February.

Docket_Rocket

Great job, nonetheless, hog!

I keep doing this because I forget to update the list, but my husband started a new position and we were unable to go on vacation to Paris, so my marathon is out.  Next one is in 2 weeks, though!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

pae

I did the Platte River Half (http://www.platteriverhalf.com) today in Denver.  My goal time was 1:55, and my chip time was 1:54:32, for a HM PR by just over 2 minutes.

hog4life

Pae, congrats on the PR.

I got a race report posted in the sticky RR thread. Also did 5 miles tonight at an easy recovery pace.

Docket_Rocket

Great job, pae!  Congrats on beating your goal.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Snickers1230

Yeah, it was my 3rd half in 3 weeks.   I hadn't done much running since my other 2 halves cause I wanted to rest my toe as much as possible (it's doing much better!).  I met some friends last Saturday afternoon at the Boneyard.  It's a bar/dog park so we brought our dogs out to have some fun.  I was planning on leaving around 7 or 8 because I had to wake up at 4:30 on Sunday to get to my half on time.  Well, after several people had left, one of my friends confided in me that her husband left her and they are going to get a divorce.  This really came out of left field, I was totally not expecting it!  Not wanting to leave her alone, I stayed with her and we talked, and we drank.  And I didn't get home until almost 1 AM.  When my alarm went off, I seriously considered rolling over and not going to my half.  But I sucked it up, got up and went.  Unfortunately I didn't really feel my best (darn mimosas!  Lol) and I didn't eat anything.  So I made the conscious decision to walk the whole half.  So I did.  I was proud of myself for actually getting up and going.  And as soon as I got home, I showered and went back to bed!  Right now my next half is going to be November 10th and I will definitely plan better for that one!  Weather is starting to get too warm here so after April, I probably won't be doing many, or any, races until October.

Formerly Jackie_601 on RW

Next up:

4/27 - Green 6.2 10K