Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner 5/6/13 (Read 13 times)

May:

IPatti678 - 5/11 - Gulf Coast Half Ironman, Panama City Beach, FL

RVDowning - 5/11 - Lake Wobegon Trail Marathon

AthenaofAmerica - 5/11 - Mermaid Run East Bay Sirena18 (18 miles)

Docket Rocket - 5/11 - Lou Gehrig's Disease 10K

Marco59 - 5/12 - Fredericton Marathon

SprinklesRunner - 5/19 - Run for the Red Marathon

Julia1971 - 5/19 - Capitol Hill Classic 10K

Runmomto3boys - 05/20 - Green Bay Marathon

Julia1971 - 5/26 - Alexandria Running Festival Half Marathon

CompetitiveChik - 5/27 - Patriots Day Half Marathon - Goal 1:55

June:

Julia1971 - 6/8 - Lawyers Have Heart 10K

Docket_Rocket - 6/16 - San Francisco Marathon

AthenaofAmerica - 6/16 - San Francisco Marathon

hilltopper91 - 6/21 - Media 5 Mile Race

BruceD555 - 06/22 - Grandma's Marathon

marco59 - 6/23 - Bay of Fundy Marathon

July:

Patti678- 7/4 - Peachtree Road Race 10K: goal: PR

Not too Swift - 7/4 - Peachtree Road Race 10K

AthenaofAmerica - 7/6 Dirty Half Dozen 6-Hour Endurance Run

August:

Patti678 - 8/23 & 24- Hood to Coast- 199 mile relay with 10 person team

September:

SprinklesRunner - Date TBD - Wineglass Marathon

GregTR - 9/29 - Berlin Marathon

October:

Runmomto3boys - 10/6 - Milwaukee Lakefront Marathon

BruceD555 - 10/06 - Milwaukee Lakefront Marathon

GregTR - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

RVDowning - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

AthenaofAmerica - 10/19 - Folsom Blues Breakout Half Marathon

RVDowning - 10/26 - Silver Comet Marathon

not too swift - 10/27- Atlanta Marathon

ImNotScott - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

JackDyl11 - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

November:

BruceD555 - 11/02 - Indianapolis Monumental Marathon

Julia1971 - 11/3 - New York City Marathon

Good morning,

If I am starting the thread, it must mean I am not running this morning and not pressed for time.  So, it will be an RD for me and will take one every other day until Sunday.

My temp promotion lasts another eight weeks and although I like the Monday-Friday portion, I am still getting called on my days off and in the middle of the night.  I'll be ready to hand the reins back over to someone else.

Off to work in a bit and looking forward to reading RRs on my lunch break!

Julia1971

All in for Boston

SRD for me but I'm running tomorrow's interval workout instead: 8x800s.  The weather is supposed to be rainy all week and since it's clear out this morning, I figure I'll take the rest day when I need it later in the week.  I'm feeling surprisingly good.  I stayed up too late watching t.v. since I thought I'd be sleeping in today but I'm not all that tired.  Go figure.

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. - Anais Nin

marco59- Thanks for getting things kicked off this morning. Enjoy your RD and I hope the off-hour calls from work settle down and are only occasional over your 8 weeks.

Julia1971- Feeling rested AND good weather? I agree on your decision to shift the intervals to today ... gotta seize the opportunity when it presents itself. Hope those 800s feel like 400s ... especially the last 2.

I was going to run an easy 5 miles first thing this morning but when I woke up I instantly was able to rationalize that I'd much prefer to run over lunch in 75 degree sunshine than in the dark at 4 AM ... Ahh, the joys of May.

Train smart ... race smarter.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hey strangers...I'm back!  Had a great weekend just catching up with everyone, many of whom I hadn't seen in quite a while.  This was hopefully the first of what will become an annual tradition.  No soccer was played, but golf, tennis, and batting cages were.

I ran all of 5 miles last week, so I'm hoping to start to ease back into things this week.  I'll probably get that started with an easy run later on in the day.

Scott...Looks like you had a great race and PR.  Way to go - can't wait to hear more.

Jack...Wow, still a killer time even if you were off your goal a bit.  Hitting a head wind that late is so hard to deal with, mentally and physically. Congrats on the AG award.

Marco...Hope you have a good week leading up to your race.  It sounds like you know what strategy works for you as far as getting the runs in.  I'm sure those 8 weeks will go by quickly.

Julia...Have fun with the intervals today.  What kind of pace do you look to hit for those? 3:20-3:30?  Hope you dodged the rain.

Bruce...Ha, it hard to pass on those nicer temps.  I'm sure you'll get the run in.

Did I miss a race post from Pressing?

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Managed to get my 4 in yesterday between rain storms.  I was supposed to do strides today but did them yesterday since I was expecting rain this morning and was going to use the treadmill at work.  I hate doing strides on the treadmill.  I come too close to killing myself mucking around with the speed settings when I'm running full out.

My right hamstring was sore when I got up.  Hmmm......   During the 4 on the treadmill I thought I would crank it up to MP and do 1 mile, but backed off when my hamstring started complaining.  Now I'm wondering about tomorrow's 2wu+8(400@5kw400r)+2cd = 8 miles which is the last substantive workout before Saturday's marathon.  Those 5k paced intervals worry me given that I'm feeling that hamstring.  Wondering if I should back off and just do something else for the middle portion of that 8.  If so, what should I do -- just run easy or 4@HMP or  MP?

Just Keep "Tri" ing

Morning All.

Yesterday did all 9.5 miles at MP and it felt really good despite little sleep and a headwind for

the first half.

SRD, which for me means 1,500 meters done in the pool earlier. I am enjoying my taper gladness

Big congrats to Jack on a fabulous race this weekend!!

Scott, congrats on a big 1/2 PR!!

Congrats to D for finishing another one!

Pressing, hope your race was good!

SIAR, so glad you had a great time!

Marco, I do the same thing for race week. Only run every other day.Yesterday the forecast was for 90%

chance of rain on Sunday. Today that has changed to 30%, hope that holds out. I did my fall marathon

in a complete downpour. Wasn't looking forward to doing that for my spring marathon as well.

Have a good day everyone.

8  Marathons   26 Half Marathons  9 Duathlons  6 Triathlons

Marathons in Canada/USA/Bermuda/Ireland  Next country - Austria Sept 2014

Marathon 4:10:48 Half Marathon 1:57:44 10K 55:44 8k 42:27 5k 25:27

Beth--I like the morning start temperature forecast and glad to see rain chance diminishing.  I was hoping to wear long sleeve, but it looks like it is going to warm up too much for me.  We did get the dog situation settled.  I sent you a PM.

Has Broken Parts

Hey folks! SRD for me.  My calves are super tight today but otherwise I feel good. Will take the dog for a long walk later.

Marco - Enjoy your RD.

Julia - Smart move switching your runs around. The forecast looks pretty soggy.

Bruce - Yeah, I think I'll take 75 and sunny over just about anything at 4AM too.  Enjoy your run later :-)

SIAR - Welcome back and enjoy your run later.  No post from Pressing yet but I did see on FB that she finished the race.  I'm sure she'll be along to fill us in on the details soon.

RVD - Sounds like a RD is the better option to me.

Beth - I love the MP runs as a confidence booster!  Glad you are enjoying taper time!

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
                    Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Anybody hear from Docket_Rocket?

Just Keep "Tri" ing

Beth--I like the morning start temperature forecast and glad to see rain chance diminishing.  I was hoping to wear long sleeve, but it looks like it is going to warm up too much for me.  We did get the dog situation settled.  I sent you a PM.

Sorry, had a lot of family stuff going on this weekend. I did read it but forgot to respond.Blush

And volunteered at the airport race Saturday evening (from 4:30 - 9:00pm, would have been less tired if

I had just run the 10kSmile).

In case you forum folks hasn't picked up on it hubby, myself and Marco are all running the same marathon

this weekend and planning on a celebration drink afterward.

8  Marathons   26 Half Marathons  9 Duathlons  6 Triathlons

Marathons in Canada/USA/Bermuda/Ireland  Next country - Austria Sept 2014

Marathon 4:10:48 Half Marathon 1:57:44 10K 55:44 8k 42:27 5k 25:27

Julia1971

All in for Boston

The intervals went well. It was a bit windy and that made a couple of the reps harder than others but I still ran pretty well. Averaged 3:21ish which is a little slower than I would have liked but probably faster than what my 10K pace actually is right now so no complaints.

Bruce, If today is the food day weather-wise, this week is going to be pretty dreary. Sad. Good call re running in the warmer weather.

SIAR, Sounds like you had a fun and active weekend. Enjoy the run later.

RVD, I hate doing strides on the treadmill too. I was thinking I would make more of an effort to find a grassy field to do them on this summer... I would think getting a feel for MP would be more beneficial at this point than intervals so I would probably scratch the speed work if My hamstring was barking at me.

Just B.S., You had a tough workout yesterday! Taper gladness - I love it.

Marco, Enjoy the RD.

Scott, I see you posted a RR. Gonna head over to read it at lunchtime.

Oh, I meant to mention I wore my racing flats for my interval workout and my calves are sore. Is that normal?   I guess running on your toes more means your calves are working more?

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. - Anais Nin

Has Broken Parts

Anybody hear from Docket_Rocket?

I read on FB that she finished her race.  I haven't seen any details yet.

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
                            Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

PressingOn

Hey all!  No SIAR, you did not miss a race report from me.  I'm only now getting online here to post.  My ds was all over me when I got home yesterday wanting to cuddle because "I missed you so much, mom!"  I love that he's still young enough to want to cuddle with his mom. He was feeling much better and had his voice back so that was good.  Anyway, I've posted very little.  I'll post an RR soon.  The short of it is, It was hot.  It was hilly.  I did not PR.  I did have fun.  I finished.   Smile

Marco - Hope you can get those reins handed off soon.  Have you ever started our thread?  I don't think I've ever had that honor.

Julia - Interesting SRD you have there.  Wink  Enjoy the run today.

Bruce - Running in 75 degree sunshine by choice.  I'll never understand it.  Ha.  Hope it's an enjoyable run for you.

SIAR - So glad you had a good time with your friends.  It's fun when you can play catch up.  Sounds like you played a lot of other games too but no group run?  What's up with that?

RVD - Yes, it can be difficult to push the proper buttons when running all out on a tm.  Plus the time it take the tm to speed up and slow down can be annoying.

Beth - Hi!  Glad to hear you are still enjoying taper gladness.  How fun to celebrate with Marco after the race.

Scott - Congrats on your race!  Sounds like it went really well for you.

Okay, off to work on a somewhat RR.

CompetitiveChik

boy you guys are chatty today.

I had 6 miles today. it started out as an easy peasy run but felt really good (considering I ran 9 hilly miles yesterday) so I pushed it a bit. Not one cyclist on the road this morning but lots of walkers. it was nice and cool this morning. I could get used to
                                this. I love the cold. they say another cold front is suppose to come through in about 9 days but we all know how accurate that can be. But it sure would be awesome.

marco - can you please put my race on the calendar:

5/27 - Patriots Day Half Marathon - Goal 1:55

Dec 23 - Apocalypse Survivors Half Marathon

Jan 13 - Houston Chevron Marathon

Feb 17 - Austin Half Marathon

March 2 - Woodlands Marathon