Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner - 3/10/13 Welcome to Daylight Savings Time (Read 11 times)

Julia1971

All in for Boston

March:

Julia1971 - 3/16 - Rock n Roll USA

ImNotScott - 3/16 - Rock n Roll USA

SIAR - 3/16 Hermes 5 miler

jojo61397 - 3/17 - Publix Atlanta Marathon - Goal: Sub-4:00 hour

Patti678 - 3/17 Publix Half Marathon, Atlanta GA

Not too Swift - 3/17- Georgia Marathon

athensguy - 3/17- Georgia Marathon

RVDowning - 3/17 - Shamrock Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 3/17 - LA Marathon

Joe1775 - 3/23 - Haulin' in the Holler 50K

Docket_Rocket - 3/23 - Palm 100 50K

CompetitiveChik - 3/23-24 - Texas Independence Day Relay

JenRosie - 3/24 Irish Run 8K

onemile - 3/30 - Egg Shell Shuffle Half Marathon

PressingOn - 3/30 - Cupcake Run Marathon

April:

Docket_Rocket - 04/07 - Marathon Paris

runnrchic- 04/07- Gulf Coast HM, Pensacola

joe1775 - 4/13  - Glacier Ridge Trail Ultra 50

Docket_Rocket - 04/14 - Key Biscayne Half Marathon

So_Im_a_Runner - 4/14 Union Half Marathon (1:30 pacer)

marco59 - 4/15 - Boston - goal: 3:05

markrice - 4/15 Boston - goal sub 3:15

GregTR - 4/15 - Boston

JenRosie - 4/15 - Boston

onemile - 04/20 - Carmel Marathon

Xrayman: 4/21: Lansing Marathon

GregTR - 4/21 - London Marathon

SIAR - 4/28 - Glass City Marathon

GoneFishing - 04/28 - Big Sur, CA

May:

hilltopper91 - 05/05 - Broad Street Run

jackdyl11 - 5/5 - New Jersey Marathon

Joe1775 - 5/5 - Flying Pig Marathon, Cincinnati OH

Docket_Rocket - 05/07 - Puerto Rico Marathon

Patti678 - 5/11 - Gulf Coast Half Ironman, Panama City Beach, FL

RVDowning - 5/11Lake Wobegon Trail Marathon

SprinklesRunner - 5/19-Run for the Red Marathon

runmomto3boys - 05/20 - Green Bay Marathon

June:

Docket_Rocket - 06/16/2012 - San Francisco Marathon

July:

Patti678- 7/4- Peachtree Road Race 10K: goal: PR

August:

Patti678- 8/23 & 24- Hood to Coast- 199 mile relay with 10 person team

September:

SprinklesRunner - Date TBD - Wineglass Marathon

GregTR - 9/29 - Berlin Marathon

October:

runmomto3boys - 10/6 Lakefront Marathon

GregTR - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

RVDowning - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

RVDowning - 10/26 - Silver Comet Marathon

not too swift - 10/27- Atlanta Marathon

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. - Anais Nin

Julia1971

All in for Boston

Good morning, everyone.  Hope you're not missing that hour too much.

I'm doing a recovery run.  I was hoping to do it with my running club and then maybe go cheer on a race later this morning so I'm packing my cow bell.  Smile  I'm still feeling good and healthy.  I even spent some time this morning looking up another marathon option for late spring...

Bad Ass

Morning!  Plan was to do 15 but after 10 I called it quits.  I'll run the difference tonight.  I still do not feel 100%.  The run was OK but at recovery pace instead of long run pace which means I'm still dragging from whatever is ailing me.  So, listening to my body, I finished a good 10 and left it there. Ha!

Julia, enjoy your recovery run.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Next:  RnR Country Music Half Marathon

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

Has Broken Parts

Good morning.  I'm waiting for it to warm up before heading out.  I might slow run a few miles but I'll get the bike ready in case I need to switch gears.  I just need to get my heart rate up for an hour this morning.  In other news, my oldest DD turns 20 today! Surprised

Julia - Enjoy the recovery run and have fun with the cowbell.

Damaris - Good job listening to your body. Enjoy the 5 later.

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
          Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Finally PRed!!!

Morning!

I was able to sleep in today, so I didn't really notice the missed hour.

Julia: Enjoy your recovery run, and have fun cheering on the race.

Docket: At least you got 10 in, hope you feel 100% soon. Hope you have a nice run tonight.

Scott: Hope you're able to run and it goes well. The kids are growing up!

I'm planning to run about 7 today, going to go over and run the section of the course that I missed that one day I tried to run a big section of the course but missed a turn. After today I will have trained on probably 95% of the course at least once this cycle. There are a few little sections, I have not been on recently, but most of those are just a couple blocks long.

PRs: 5K: 22:31, 10K:46:43, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:38:20

jojo61397

Julia-- I overslept LOL

Docket-- feel better

Scott-- happy birthday to your DD...

NTS--  I'm jealous, I'm doing hilly courses in anticipation, I really hope the course isn't too bad, or my training is good enough for at least a PR.

I ran a nice easy 12 miles today, I was going to go longer but I don't feel very well (I can't go into too many details with a TMI, so I'll just leave at that).  I am more and more surprised about my easy paces decreasing. Today I averaged a 9:22 min/mile.  I'm excited for next week.  But I did have some excitement.  There's a motorcycle gang in town right now, wrecking havoc.  Well, anyway, I went to cross a busy street, traffic was stopped so I could cross.  A guy on a Harley waited until I was in the intersection and ran the stop light, he nearly hit me.  I know he wasn't going to hit me, because I would have damaged his bike, but I think he was trying to cause me to fall or something.  There was a cop a few blocks away I reported it to him, and I was informed about the motorcycle gang...

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
              Sub- 1:45 hour half.

Julia1971

All in for Boston

I had a nice recovery run.  Legs were a little stiff, so it's probably time to hit the foam roller.  I also got to talk to some of the runners about marathoning after the run.  I hadn't thought much about carbo-loading and timing my shot blocks so it was good to hear what other people do.  I missed cheering for the racers, though.  It was going to be too much of a pain to get to the race course.

JoJo, "I know he wasn't going to hit me, because I would have damaged his bike" - This is so true.  Harley riders in particular are not going to do anything that might scratch their bike.

Swift, Very neat that you've been able to do most of the course.  No surprises for you.

Scott, Seriously, where does the time go?  Happy birthday to DD even though she made you feel old.

D_R, 10 miles is good.  Good luck squeezing in more miles later.

Has Broken Parts

Just got back from running an easy 7. i have my right foot in a bucket of ice water.  back later when I have access to a computer.

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
                  Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

fake it till you make it

Julia more cowbell! Sorry you missed getting to cheer, but sounds like you got some good info.  What do you do for carb loading? I've pretty much been carb-loading the last 36 years so I don't do whole lot differently. Smile

DR hope you are feeling 100% again soon.

Scott  our kids share a birthday!  Is the foot in ice as a precaution or because it hurts?

Swift- sleeping in- always on my to-do list, never done.  Sounds nice!

Jodi- yikes!  And how ridiculous.  That's really the best fun they can come up with while on their bikes?

RVD nice job on the PR yesterday!

8 miles done today for a total of 69 for the week (feel free to snicker if you are immature like I am).  It is my middle kid's 7th birthday today.  I'm super emotional about it.  He had cancer as a baby and twice we were told to make decisions about whether or not to pursue treatment or let things be, he wasn't expected to survive. He proved us all wrong. He is sweet, funny, smart, laid back, and he's a lego-building genius! I'm feeling pretty damn lucky today.

JRJS

Bad Ass

Happy Birthday to your DS!!!!!

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Next:  RnR Country Music Half Marathon

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

Julia1971

All in for Boston

JenRosie, Happy Birthday to the Little Man!  That cute grin hides the fact that he's such a fighter...  I only laughed at 69 because you mentioned it.  Smile ...  On the carbo-loading, the guy (he's a 2:30 marathoner) was describing how he does it.  I'd probably mess it up if I tried to explain it, but I think it's basically the first method referenced in this article but he does it 5- and then 3-days before the race and not a long run but an interval workout.  It's probably the opposite of what most of us probably do - eat carbs all week non-stop.  He did say it makes you feel like crap all week, which the article also mentions.

jojo61397

Jen, I do the same kind of carbo loading.  It works well.  I  tend to eat low carb, high protein for a few weeks prior, then eat 77% carbs 3-4 days prior to the race.

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
                          Sub- 1:45 hour half.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Just got back from running an easy 7. i have my right foot in a bucket of ice water.  back later when I have access to a computer.

This is me right now! 13.4 miles done, computer not handy, and both feet in a tub of ice/water. Fun stuff.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Julia1971

All in for Boston

Jen, I do the same kind of carbo loading.  It works well.  I  tend to eat low carb, high protein for a few weeks prior, then eat 77% carbs 3-4 days prior to the race.

Thanks!  I couldn't remember if it was you or PressingOn that had done something similar not too long ago.

Finally PRed!!!

I do the Aussie method described at the end of that article. I use Cytocarb for a lot of my carbs in last 24 hrs before the race so I don't have to eat a ton.

PRs: 5K: 22:31, 10K:46:43, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:38:20