GregTR - 9/29 - Berlin Marathon

October:

GregTR - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

November:

SprinklesRunner - 11/3 - NYC Marathon

GregTR - 11/3 - NYC Marathon

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. - Anais Nin

Has Broken Parts

Good Morning!  I just have an easy 8 on tap for today.

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
      Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Julia1971

All in for Boston

Happy Monday!

I have 9 miles at general aerobic pace on schedule for today.  Slow to motivate as usual for a Monday but hoping to get out the door in the next 15 minutes or so.

From yesterday...

Marco, That sounds like a nice amount of mileage.  Do you think going back and forth between VFF and shoes causes the pain?  I go back and forth between lighter and heavier trainers and I wonder if it's delayed my adjustment to the lighter shoe.  Maybe if I'm just commit to the lighter shoe, it would be easier on my feet.

D_R, Sorry no PR but it sounds like you had a great weekend.  I'll check out your RR when I have a block of time today to read it.

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. - Anais Nin

fake it till you make it

Back from 9 rolling-hill miles with my running buddy this morning.  It's about -7 with the windchill, so after getting home I stayed in the shower until I used up most of the hot water and am now snuggled back in bed with a huge cup of coffee and I'm not budging from this spot until it's time to get kids on the bus!

D-R- congrats on Goofy!  And wow- that's a lot of race bling! A friend of mine did the goofy too and commented on the humidity- she said she was dripping wet by a couple miles in.  You ran a great time- so close to your PR and with a half the day before- very nice!

It's Monday- cheers to a good week all!

Second day in a row to wear shorts as it was 43 degrees earlier.  Finally got 10 done and was relatively quick due to not much ice and snow.  Now at work.

Julia--going back and forth usually doesn't cause the pain.  I have to run for a couple of weeks in the minimalist shoes to notice a difference.

Scott--have fun with the 8

Jen--good work in the cold.  Those temps are coming back for us later in the week

Just Keep "Tri" ing

Had about 2.5 hours of sleep last night. Was tempted to bail on the 7:30 swim and

let hubby go by himself. Glad I didn't. Not much time but still got in 700 meters.

Given the hard workout yesterday I"m taking today off from running. Pilates later.

Have a good one dailies!

Marathons run in Canada/USA/Bermuda/Ireland   

Next country for us - Austria Sept 2014 for 30th Wedding Anniversary :)

Had the alarm set for 0315 but it was raining, so I went with Plan B, getting up at 0530 and doing my 8 easy on the treadmill at work.  Was actually able to get in 8 strides without killing myself.

I run in Mizuno flats, namely the Mizuno Wave Universe 3 or 4.  I have three pairs that I rotate.  I just run in the same shoes all the time, races or training.  One difference though, if it is raining I'll run in water shoes rather than possibly damaging my Mizunos.

CompetitiveChik

Good Morning All

I'm up and havin some coffee. I may just go back to bed. I'm still sleepy. RD for me, of course. everything is sore and I'm chaffed but I'm not as bad as I thought I would be. or maybe my body just not finished with me yet. (insert evil laugh here).

Dec 23 - Apocalypse Survivors Half Marathon

Jan 13 - Houston Chevron Marathon

Feb 17 - Austin Half Marathon

March 2 - Woodlands Marathon

Bad Ass

Morning!  SRD for me today, although I'm not too sore.

I was not looking for a PR so having come 10 seconds off the PR is really icing on the cake.  I took it really easy so I know I can break that Berlin PR when I race one.

Hope everybody is doing well.  Work is busy, so BBL.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Next:  RnR Country Music Half Marathon

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Good afternoon all.  I was a little late getting a run in today, but got it done over lunch.  The colder temps were quite a shock to the system!  I went from running a race in a singlet and shorts on Saturday to today being back in a hat, gloves, and tights!  I think the only thing that saved me from totally freezing was this ridiculous "January" beard that I've been growing.  Although, I do have to say, there's usually something Bohemian about the guys that tend to run high mileage, so maybe I'm finally fitting in ha.

As for the run, it was 10.58 miles at easy pace.  While the pace was still a few seconds slower than my usual easy pace, it was faster than yesterday's easy run, which leads me to believe I'm recovering well from the race.  I'm thinking I'll be good to go for tomorrow's progression run (12 total, 6 moderate)...if not, I'll take one more easy day.

Scott...Enjoy the easy 8.  I really tend to like the easy miles as they feel more like just running for fun than training.

Julia...Hope the G.A. 9 were good fun.

Jen...I hope you finally got warm after your run.  What's the elevation gain for your rolling run?  Mine today was about 525 feet, but it's more hills and flats than really rolling.

Marco...I always forget you post in other places as well.  I do the same thing.  I bet it feels great to have the shorts on again.  I hope it lasts a little longer for you than it did for me, although I know that's probably not likely.

Beth...Uufff, I couldn't even function on that little sleep.  I bet the swim helped wake you up though, so nice job getting out the door and making it happen.

RVD...Great to hear you didn't kill yourself on the strides!  Staying alive is usually goal number 1 for me too.  That's awesome that you're able to get all your miles done in flats.  Those kind of shoes are so fun to run in.  I wish I could handle them for all my miles like you're able to.

CC...Enjoy your well-deserved rest.  I hope your body is kind to you and that nothing else sneaks up on you.  Is the chaffing just from the rain you think, or something you normally fight?

Docket...Hey, congratulations on such a great job with Goofy.  I'll get over and comment on your RR shortly.  That's sweet that you're not feeling very sore either.  Do you know how Jodi did?

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Has Broken Parts

Hi friends.

Just got back from a very enjoyable 8 miles. Mild temps and a little bit of a misty rain but I loved it.  We are expecting rain all day tomorrow so I don't expect to enjoy tomorrow's run this much!

Julia - I hope the early morning 9 was good.

Jen - Wow, -7 is brutal!  Great job getting those miles in!

Marco - I'm glad you got a break in the weather to get your miles in.  Regarding your post yesterday about the number of miles in shoes vs VFF's etc... You might have noticed, but just in case you didn't, the training log on this site lets you enter which shoes you wear on each workout so, if you are interested, you can track that going forward.  Just one more reason to love RA!

BS - Enjoy your run-free day!  Glad you are still enjoying the swimming!

RVD - Good job getting the TM miles in.  That might be my choice tomorrow.

CC - Congrats again and enjoy your rest!

Damaris - Just read the RR on your blog.  Congrats to you again too! It looks like you had a great time!

SIAR - It's funny that you "lied" about not running but ran anyway.  You asked me a while back what plan I was using and I don't think I replied.  I'm sort of using Pfitz 18/55.  The "sort of" part comes to the speed work.  Some days I don't feel up to that so I just log the miles.

Jack - Good job getting in the miles and fun time too.  I haven't been to the zoo in a few years now.  Did I read in one of your posts that you are in the Reston area?  If so, have you ever run the Reston Marathon? http://www.runnersmarathon.com/  I'm considering it as an alternative to running the Shamrock Marathon in Virginia Beach on 3/17.

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
                        Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

RVD - Good job getting the TM miles in.  That might be my choice tomorrow.

Might have to be my choice tomorrow too, but I certainly hope not.  I'm scheduled for 2wu+2(3m@1/2MPw1mr)+2cd which would be 12 miles.  The most I've done on a treadmill is 8 miles.  Plus, on a treadmill I would have no idea of whether I was hitting my pace or not.  It doesn't matter to me if it is a recovery or easy run, but when I'm doing a paced run I'd like to know.

PressingOn

Hey all!   I've got ds home from school.  It appears he has the cold I had.  Let's hope his goes away as quickly as mine did.  I've got an hour on the bike trainer, which is good considering I'm stuck at home.  I had to skip my swim though.  Boo.  I really wanted that swim today.

Beth - I'd forgotten you were a professional scrapper.  Smile  I'm not by any means but it's still fun.  My last scrapping weekend I had to skip because my dad's retirement party was happening the same weekend.  The year before that my sil had to have an emergency C-section for the twins.  The hospital was only an hour away so off I went mid-page for that.  Anyway, it's been 2 years since I've done any real scrapping. I'm stoked to go!  I've also got a 90 minute massage scheduled while I'm there.  Big grin  Good luck meeting your full goals so you can attempt some tri goals.  I'm really curious to see how I do with some tri's this summer.

Okay, looks like Beth is the only one to get  a personal from me.  Ds is calling.  Maybe I'll be back.

Bad Ass

SIAR, I think she did well and had fun too, but I never saw her this time around, sniff.

Work has been busy but I read every post.  Now run for me!

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Next:  RnR Country Music Half Marathon

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

A choice between a weekend of scrapping and suicide.....    I'm not sure.....