RVDowning - 10/26 - Silver Comet Marathon

not too swift - 10/27- Atlanta Marathon

ImNotScott - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

JackDyl11 - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

November:

BruceD555 - 11/02 - Indianapolis Monumental Marathon

Julia1971 - 11/3 - New York City Marathon

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Yep, looks like I'm at this again.  Our store owner is doing some kind of speed work, about 10 miles in total, so I figured I'd join in.  I'm hoping he'll eventually put me on the race team so it can't hurt to show up for things like this.  Most of our store's race team runners are trail runners though, or else insanely fast road runners.  I can still dream.

Sprinkles....Sorry about the rough go at Cleveland.  At least you survived it in one piece.  I did Cleveland last year and have a similar experience with the heat.  I've decided that April is a far better month to look for a spring marathon.  As for taking the week off, I think that's wise.  I doubt it will really impact you negatively at all.  Good luck with the rest of the training moving forward.  Don't write those goals off just yet.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Just Keep "Tri" ing

Morning SIAR. For me today is a repeat of yesterday with a tad longer run.

Headed to the pool now and 6 or 7 miles later today. Was going to bike today but

it's going to rain all day apparently.

Hubby did a tri of sorts yesterday. Swim 1,200  in the morning, run  7 miles at lunch, bike 17 miles home.

Work in between. He was tired.Big grin

Hope you have  a good day everyone.

8  Marathons   26 Half Marathons  9 Duathlons  6 Triathlons

Marathons in Canada/USA/Bermuda/Ireland  Next country - Austria Sept 2014

Marathon 4:10:48 Half Marathon 1:57:44 10K 55:44 8k 42:27 5k 25:27

Good morning,

Raining this morning, so it will be a run after work today.  Hoping for 10 again and maybe a few barefoot, although the feet are a little sore from yesterday,

SIAR--thanks for the start and good luck with the speedwork.  Do you have a fall marathon planned??

Beth--I normally like to run in the summer rain, but got up too late today.  Do you ever bike in it?

Have a good day

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Whew!  Back from my run, which instead of being a tempo type run, was actually a pretty serious hill interval run.  This guy I ran with is an insanely talented runner, one that we actually think has a chance of placing at Western States this year, and man can he put you through it!  We did 10 miles total, with 6 x 1/2 mile hill intervals on a hill that has about 6% grade.  The real kicker was that recoveries were equal pace to the intervals, so between 7:40 and 8:00 pace the whole time.

That was my first true workout since my race, and it did actually feel good to go hard again.  I'm contemplating running a little local 5k over the weekend, and that workout shows me I can probably still run an okay time, but I'll wait until the day of to decide.

Julia...I forgot to mention yesterday, that pic was awesome.  You take some killer running pics.  Sorry you did get the husky voice you were hoping for too haha.  I hope you're feeling better.

Beth...Enjoy your workouts.  Hopefully you don't get too soaked on the run.  Nice job by your DH on the workouts!

Bad Ass

Morning!  My run with hubby went well (he has not broken 14mm on the run/walk but he has improved 20seconds from last week so it's good even though he does not see it).  Then I did 4 with 8 X 100m and without effort, I was doing 6:30mm average on the strides, which has not happened since the asthma.  And it was hot and humid.  Good day!

7 and weights tonight unless the allergy shot gets crazy.

SIAR, enjoy the 10.  Ahem, great job!

Sprinkles, hi!

Beth, enjoy your workouts.

marco, I have not heard about you doing some barefoot miles in a while.  Enjoy!

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Next:  RnR Country Music Half Marathon

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Marco...Just missed ya!  I haven't decided for sure on a fall marathon yet, but I'm leaning toward Columbus.  In the last two years I haven't really had to plan too much of summer/fall race calendar because I've been injured after spring.  Since I'm healthy this time, I really need to start picking some races.  Enjoy the miles later.  I really want to try a barefoot run some time just to see what it's like.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Oh for crying out loud people, stop cross posting!

Docket...It seems like beginners usually see improvements in one big jump, so I'm sure he'll get his soon.  You were killing it on those strides. I wonder if this is just a good spell, or if you're really getting a handle on the asthma?  I hope the shot goes well enough that you can get your miles in.

Bad Ass

As I told my coach as he makes my Chicago plan, the asthma is pretty much in check and I think the lungs are ready for more speedwork.  Usually, my asthma would make me pay for any speedwork done buy I feel the asthma is better this year.  Otherwise, I wouldn't have been able to run 7 marathons in 2013 already.

Oh for crying out loud people, stop cross posting!

Docket...It seems like beginners usually see improvements in one big jump, so I'm sure he'll get his soon.  You were killing it on those strides. I wonder if this is just a good spell, or if you're really getting a handle on the asthma?  I hope the shot goes well enough that you can get your miles in.

Blog

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

As I told my coach as he makes my Chicago plan, the asthma is pretty much in check and I think the lungs are ready for more speedwork.  Usually, my asthma would make me pay for any speedwork done buy I feel the asthma is better this year.  Otherwise, I wouldn't have been able to run 7 marathons in 2013 already.

Let's be honest here...you would have run 7 marathons regardless!  But I get what you're saying, and that's awesome to hear that you feel like you're doing better.

Bad Ass

Well, last year around this time, I was taking 3 asthma meds and still getting attacks during my runs.  I remember thinking of quitting altogether last April.

Blog

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Well, last year around this time, I was taking 3 asthma meds and still getting attacks during my runs.  I remember thinking of quitting altogether last April.

Funny you mention quitting - but I'm glad it didn't get to that.  I was just perusing L&O and the thread about what else do you do...basically they all hate running or are quitting running to take up biking or eating a lot or some type of cross fit activity.  It's very odd over there, and they definitely don't seem to like running very much, especially not marathons.

Julia1971

All in for Boston

Another URD for me.  I'm thinking maybe I should go to urgent care and see a doctor.  I hardly ever get sick so when I do, I don't know what to do.  I'm kinda getting sick of this.

SIAR, Sounds like that guy put you through the paces.  Good to see you're training again and thinking about future goals.

Just B.S., Enjoy your workout!

Marco, Hope the rain doesn't ruin your run.

D_R, I'm glad the asthma is becoming less of a factor for you.

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. - Anais Nin

Just a slow 6 on a greenway that I don't like much, but was just keeping a running buddy company; she was begging for someone to run with her.  I may try 10 on my regular greenway after work today.  Need to get a report on whether it is still flooded or not.

Forgot my phone this morning.  I'm going through withdrawal.

Bad Ass

I must've missed that you were sick (or this sick).  Go and get it checked.  You have a HM this weekend!

Another URD for me.  I'm thinking maybe I should go to urgent care and see a doctor.  I hardly ever get sick so when I do, I don't know what to do.  I'm kinda getting sick of this.

SIAR, Sounds like that guy put you through the paces.  Good to see you're training again and thinking about future goals.

Just B.S., Enjoy your workout!

Marco, Hope the rain doesn't ruin your run.

D_R, I'm glad the asthma is becoming less of a factor for you.

Blog