Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner - 4/26/13 (Read 14 times)

Julia1971

All in for Boston

April:

Docket_Rocket - 04/27 - Doral 5K

CompetitiveChik - 4/27 - Green 6.2 - goal ?

SIAR - 4/28 - Glass City Marathon

GoneFishing - 04/28 - Big Sur, CA

Julia1971 - 4/28 - Nike Women's Half Marathon

May:

ImNotScott- 5/3 - White Oak Classic 5K.

ImNotScott- 5/5 - Frederick Running Festival HM

jackdyl11 - 5/5 - New Jersey Marathon

Joe1775 - 5/5 - Flying Pig Marathon, Cincinnati OH

PressingOn - 5/5 - Tacoma City Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 05/07 - Puerto Rico Marathon

Patti678 - 5/11 - Gulf Coast Half Ironman, Panama City Beach, FL

RVDowning - 5/11 - Lake Wobegon Trail Marathon

AthenaofAmerica - 5/11 - Mermaid Run East Bay Sirena18 (18 miles)

Marco59 - 5/12 - Fredericton Marathon

SprinklesRunner - 5/19 - Run for the Red Marathon

Runmomto3boys - 05/20 - Green Bay Marathon

June:

Docket_Rocket - 6/16 - San Francisco Marathon

AthenaofAmerica - 6/16 - San Francisco Marathon

hilltopper91 - 6/21 - Media 5 Mile Race

marco59 - 6/23 - Bay of Fundy Marathon

July:

Patti678- 7/4 - Peachtree Road Race 10K: goal: PR

Not too Swift - 7/4 - Peachtree Road Race 10K

AthenaofAmerica - 7/6 Dirty Half Dozen 6-Hour Endurance Run

August:

Patti678 - 8/23 & 24- Hood to Coast- 199 mile relay with 10 person team

September:

SprinklesRunner - Date TBD - Wineglass Marathon

GregTR - 9/29 - Berlin Marathon

October:

Runmomto3boys - 10/6 Lakefront Marathon

GregTR - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

RVDowning - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

AthenaofAmerica - 10/19 - Folsom Blues Breakout Half Marathon

RVDowning - 10/26 - Silver Comet Marathon

not too swift - 10/27- Atlanta Marathon

ImNotScott - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

JackDyl11 - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

November:

Julia1971 - 11/3 - New York City Marathon

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. - Anais Nin

Julia1971

All in for Boston

I'm up, sipping my coffee, and watching my local news.  Another 6 mile recovery run on the schedule for me today.

I'm planning to head to the race expo today at lunch with a co-worker.  My goal is not to give Nike any more of my money but I might fail.  Smile

Has Broken Parts

Good morning!  I am taking a rest day today.  Last night I planned to run on the trails at the college campus where my son practices.  However, after I got there I noticed their track was unoccupied and decided to run a mile or two on the track to warm up before hitting the trails.  Once I got started I found myself enjoying the seemingly brand new running surface of the track and eventually changed my mind about the trails entirely and ran all 8 on the track.

Julia - Have fun at the expo today!  Good luck on not parting ways with your hard earned cash.

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
        Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

jojo61397

8 miles today

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
          Sub- 1:45 hour half.

Finally PRed!!!

Julia: Have fun at the expo!

Scott: Glad you enjoyed the 8 on the track. Enjoy the RD.

jojo: Enjoy your 8.

I have an 8 mile fartlek run planned for a little later.

Have a great day, everyone!

PRs: 5K: 22:31, 10K:46:43, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:38:20

thinkin about glory days

Good Morning, Everyone-

Julia, enjoy the expo - I think you should buy yourself a little something.

Scott, great job on the track last night.  That must have been an incredible surface to make you choose the track over some trails.

Jodi, have fun on your 8 mile run.

NTS, enjoy the fartlek run.

As for me, I ran 5 miles that was supposed to be at an easy recovery pace, but ended up MP+20.  Will I ever learn to pace myself?  I have a feeling that I'm about to get some bad news this morning about that job that I interviewed for (the one that I had before being promoted to the job I have now).  Oh well.  Maybe its for the best.  I've been frustrated with a lot of the decision-making lately.  I guess it's time to move on.  It's too bad because the job fit nicely into my running schedule.

I'm not sure if I'll get a chance to post the rest of the weekend.  In case I don't:

SIAR, good luck in your marathon on Sunday!  I would bet a large sum of money that you are going to break 3 hours, but I don't think anyone around here would take that bet.  I just hope that you're still willing to hang out in here with us slow pokes.

Julia, good luck on your half marathon!

Docket, enjoy the 5K.  I hope the weather cooperates.

CC, have fun in your 6.2 (10K?)

PRs

5k:  21:36

HM: 1:39:59

FM: 3:38:29

Did my 2wu+8MP+2cd = 12 miles on the greenway yesterday after work.  For some reason it seemed harder than the 3wu+12MP+3cd = 18 miles that I did on Sunday.  Temp + Dew Point was only about 10 - 11 degrees higher.  I did have that rare SRD the day before yesterday, though.  My average HR for the MP miles was also 9 - 10 bpm higher.  Odd...

Another SRD today, then an easy 5 Saturday and 12 Sunday.

SIAR:  Have a good Sunday run!  We'll be waiting for you to tell us all about it.

Just Keep "Tri" ing

1,500 in the pool done.

6 or 7 easy miles later.

5 mile trail race tomorrow morning.

SIAR, you will be awesome at your race! I just know it and I have intuition about these things.

Have a good day everyone!

Marathons run in Canada/USA/Bermuda/Ireland   

Next country for us - Austria Sept 2014 for 30th Wedding Anniversary :)

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hey everyone.  Schedule calls for 5 miles today, with 2 at MP.  I'll see how my body feels and decide if I want to do 2 or just 1 at MP as I don't see any need to spend any real energy on the run.  Thanks for the the kind words and positive thoughts.  I guess you guys have seen all my training so I really should trust when you say that it's going to go well.

Julia...Think of you...got it!  I'll just picture your running magazine cover avatar on here and run like that.  Have a good recovery run tonight.  I could see the Nike expo being kinda cool for the women's event (if you're a woman anyway).  I put the over/under at $150 spent.

Scott...As boring as it seems like it would be, there's something about running on the track that is just fun.  Did you do any speed work, or just run all 8?  Enjoy your rest.

Jodi...Have a good run.

Swift...Buffalo sounds like it was just a grumpy race cycle for you ha.  I get like that too.  You're making me feel like I should be doing 8 as well!  Enjoy the speed play.

Hill...Sorry to hear that about the job.  Those things usually have a decent way of working themselves out in the end, so I guess you just have to put your faith in that being case.  Hopefully you find something else that meshes with the running though!  Thanks for the positive race vibes.  I'll do my best to get out there and make you guys proud.

RVD...Good job getting through the workout, even if it felt tougher.  It was probably a combo of feeling a little sluggish from the RD and your big day of eating that got to you.  Or it could have just been one of those days.  Enjoy your rest.  As for me, I'm definitely hoping to have a good race report to write.

Beth...Nice legs and feet there lady!  You're going to kill these triathlons this season.  Intuition is good - I'll take it.

It's a shame we haven't heard from GoneFishing for a while...I'd love to hear an insider account of Big Sur.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

CompetitiveChik

hey all, 30 min easy ride for me this morning to keep the legs loose. lookin forward to my race tomorrow. my goal is to be at 9mm or sub 55

Dec 23 - Apocalypse Survivors Half Marathon

Jan 13 - Houston Chevron Marathon

Feb 17 - Austin Half Marathon

March 2 - Woodlands Marathon

Has Broken Parts

Jodi - Have fun on your 8 miler today.

NTS - Enjoy the fartlek (giggle) later.

Hill - I think the attraction to the track was just a change of pace.  I have run the trails at that location a few times but rarely run on a track.  I can relate to your struggle with forcing yourself to slow down.  I've been pushing too hard this week.  I hope the job situation resolves soon so you know where you stand.

RVD - It's funny how some runs can take more effort than others, even at the same pace. Maybe you were just fatigued yesterday? Getting enough sleep? Eating right?

Beth - Good luck in your race tomorrow!

SIAR - I'm really excited for your race on Sunday! I'm sure you will crush it!

I did a little speed work on the track but nothing fancy.  Just tried to run the straight parts faster for the last couple miles.

ETA

CC - Good luck in your race tomorrow!

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
                        Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Bad Ass

Hi!  Sorry for the late post.  5 miles this morning!  Maybe weights after the chiro appointment.  Hoping DH does Day 2 of the run/walk schedule.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Next:  RnR Country Music Half Marathon

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

It's been two good days at work and have got a lot accomplished.  Hoping for 8-10 miles later this evening.  Lot of "stuff" to do around the house this weekend besides getting truck repaired to include building raised bed for garden, digging out the patio furniture and lawnmower, going to a short funeral, washing vehicles, etc.  LR will have to wait until Tuesday evening.

Julia1971

All in for Boston

My recovery run was fast.  Like 8:00/mile pace fast. Surprised  But, I forgot to stop my Garmin at the end of the run, so I'm not exactly sure.

I didn't hit the expo.  It took about 30-45 minutes to even get to that part of town.  My co-worker and I picked up our packets and headed back to work.  So, I spent $0!  Take that, Nike!

Scott, Hope you had a nice rest day.

JoJo and Swift, Hope the 8 were great!

Hilltopper, Sorry to hear that you're getting a bad feeling about the job.  You seem to have a good attitude about it, though.  Thanks for wishing me good luck!

RVD, I think even a little warmer can have big effects.  I wouldn't worry too much about one workout, though.

Just B.S., You're back in a groove, aren't you!

Marco, Pretty truck in your av!  I don't know much about cars and trucks but I'm guessing it's special.  Hope you get the run in.

SIAR, Hope you had a good run and the MPs felt effortless.  And, you lost that bet!  Although, I might go to the expo tomorrow.  Smile

CC, Good luck tomorrow!

D_R, How has your recovery been this week?  It seems like you bounced right back from your first ultra.  Amazing.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Cc...good luck tomorrow.

Julia...that hardly counts if you skipped the exhibits! I take it you're feeling spry with that with that fast of a recovery run? My mp miles were okay, but my breathing was still odd. I need the race day mojo.

Docket...hope your dh sticks with it. Nice 5.

Marco...good luck with all the tasks.

Scott...thanks. I'm not feeling great about things but doing my best to stay positive and go for it.

Going to scoot off to sleep here soon. It's the night before the night before, which they say is vital.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)