Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner - 12/22/12 (The Day After the End of the World) (Read 156 times)

Julia1971

All in for Boston

December:

CompetitiveChik - 12/23 - Apocalypse Survivors Half Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 12/29 - iRun Half Marathon

January:

Joe1775 - 1/5 - Phunt 50K, Elkton MD

JodisRuningForAutism - 1/12-1/13 - Goofy Challenge

Docket_Rocket - 1/12-1/13- Goofy Challenge

Didgeridroo - 1/13 - Disney Marathon- Goal: TBD

pmhill6 - 1/13- Disney Marathon

CompetitiveChik - 1/13 - Houston Chevron Marathon

Not too Swift - 1/21 - MLK Day 5K

Patti678 - 1/26 - PolarBear 5K

Docket_Rocket - 01/27 ING Marathon

February:

PressingOn - 02/16 - Woolley Trail Run Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 02/17 - A1A Marathon

CompetitiveChik - 2/17 - Austin Half Marathon

Runnrchic - 02/24 - New Orleans Marathon - Goal: break 4:34

GregTR - 2/24 - Cowtown Marathon - Official 3:10 pacer

March:

Patti678 - 3/2- Albany Marathon, Albany GA

CompetitiveChik - 3/2 - Woodlands Marathon

JodisRunningForAutism - 3/3 - Seaside Half Marathon Destin, FL

Docket_Rocket - 03/09 - 13.1 Miami Beach

Julia1971 - 3/16 - Rock n Roll USA

jojo61397 - 3/17 - Publix Atlanta Marathon - Goal: Sub-4:00 hour

Patti678 - 3/17 Publix Half Marathon, Atlanta GA

Not too Swift - 3/17- Georgia Marathon

athensguy - 3/17- Georgia Marathon

RVDowning - 3/17 - Shamrock Marathon

ImNotScott - 3/17 - Shamrock Marathon

Joe1775 - 3/23 - Haulin' in the Holler 50K

onemile - 3/30 - Egg Shell Shuffle Half Marathon

April:

Docket_Rocket - 04/07 - Marathon Paris

joe1775 - 4/13  - Glacier Ridge Trail Ultra 50

Docket_Rocket - 04/14 - Key Biscayne Half Marathon

marco59 - 4/15 - Boston - goal: 3:05

markrice - 4/15 Boston - goal sub 3:15

GregTR - 4/15 - Boston

onemile - 04/20 - Carmel Marathon

Xrayman: 4/21: Lansing Marathon

GregTR - 4/21 - London Marathon

SIAR - 4/28 - Glass City Marathon

GoneFishing - 04/28 - Big Sur, CA

May:

hilltopper91 - 05/05 - Broad Street Run

Docket_Rocket - 05/07 - Puerto Rico Marathon

Joe1775 - 5/5 - Flying Pig Marathon, Cincinnati OH

Patti678 - 5/11 - Gulf Coast Half Ironman, Panama City Beach, FL

RVDowning - 5/11Lake Wobegon Trail Marathon

SprinklesRunner - 5/19-Run for the Red Marathon

June:

Docket_Rocket - 06/13/2012 - San Francisco Marathon

July:

Patti678- 7/4- Peachtree Road Race 10K: goal: PR

August:

Patti678- 8/23 & 24- Hood to Coast- 199 mile relay with 10 person team

September:

SprinklesRunner - Date TBD - Wineglass Marathon

GregTR - 9/29 - Berlin Marathon

October:

GregTR - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

November:

SprinklesRunner - 11/3 - NYC Marathon

GregTR - 11/3 - NYC Marathon

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. - Anais Nin

Bad Ass

Morning!  I had a 5K today.  2 mile warmup is the only thing I did.  I was cut off at the start of the 5K and was kicked and fell hard.  My knee is bad.  I just hope I didn't break the patella because I have a lot of races to do, LOL.

Have a nice day!

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Next:  RnR Country Music Half Marathon

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

Just Keep "Tri" ing

Great, the world didn't end  now I get to have my birthday on the 26th and go see the Hobbit with my family!LOL

Thanks for posting Julia!

I'm hoping for a run sometime today. Don't know if it will happen.  So freaking much to do in the next few days

and I'm trying not to feel panicked but it's not working! 

The night of the power outage threw a big wrench in my week. Every night was planned for something and that

night was making the matching costumes my friends and I are wearing to the Disney Princess. It's a trip for her

sisters 50th b'day and her first half marathon. I have to say that they are totally awesome!! So many times in my

life I have given thanks for my Mother and Grandmother teaching me to be a lifelong crafter/sewer/knitter, it's

come in handy about a zillion times.

So I had to stay up until 1am last night finishing them. My friend is giving her sisters to her as a surprise Christmas

gift so they had to get done.  Now my kitchen is covered in sparkles and sequins so better go clean that up.

Have a good weekend everyone!

Marathons run in Canada/USA/Bermuda/Ireland   

Next country for us - Austria Sept 2014 for 30th Wedding Anniversary :)

Just Keep "Tri" ing

Xposted D. Sorry about the race! I'm pretty sure if your patella was cracked you would

be in terrible pain and not able to walk,  so here's hoping it's just bruised!

markrice

Geezer trying for speed

Good morning Julia and Docket. 

Julia - Wow, what a horrible thing to happen in a race! I sure hope you recover quickly.

I have a 6 mile recovery for which I must hurry because we're leaving on a 7 hour drive and I don't want to be too late getting started.

Have a great day and STAY SAFE everyone!

EDIT >> Hi JustBS. I'd delay my run if I had to stay up until 1. Ugh.

Anyone could see races, etc. on www.markrice.com/running.

I believe in HR training: www.markrice.com/running/heart_rate_training.html

Good morning,

40 degrees this morning and a steady rain overnight got most of the ice and snow off the pavement.  There were just a few slick spots, but I was able to run a little faster for this morning's 7.  Now at work seeing the last minute shoppers come over.

Damaris--that's terrible.  I hope it's nothing serious.

Julia--thanks for the start

Beth--Most of your snow gone?  I spoke to a few people who live around your area and the snowfall totals varied quite a bit.

Mark--safe travels!

Just Keep "Tri" ing

Good morning,

40 degrees this morning and a steady rain overnight got most of the ice and snow off the pavement.  There were just a few slick spots, but I was able to run a little faster for this morning's 7.  Now at work seeing the last minute shoppers come over.

Beth--Most of your snow gone?  I spoke to a few people who live around your area and the snowfall totals varied quite a bit.

We had wicked rain and wind last night!!  Still lots of snow in my area.

The wind and rain last night was crazy!!

We still have about 4-5 inches in our yard. The streets are clear. 

It's always like that here, big differences in snowfall and temps just in the 15 miles from the city to the burbs

where I live. Being on the ocean the temps in the city stay more moderate and even if they get as much snow

as we do it's always gone faster.

Our "valley" has an odd little climate going on......hotter than the city and no fog in the summer, colder and more

snow in the winter. We call our mini-mountain Mount Everest in the winter and we always have snow in our

backyard until late April early May.

Julia1971

All in for Boston

Docket_Rocket, sorry to hear about the tripping.  Is it swelling up?

Just B.S., your mother and grandmother really did you a favor.  Oh how I wish I could sew!  Hope you get everything done.

I have a 6 mile recovery run on tap for today.  We had 30 mph winds in some areas overnight but it seems calmer now.  Still, I think I'll do my run on the treadmill at the gym.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Good morning!  I'm back from my two runs this morning.  The first was 6 miles, for which I was totally over dressed and over heated.  It was a good, uphill tempo session and I was glad that the other guy didn't back out considering it was dark, cold, and somewhat icy.  After that I stripped down and joined the rest of the group runners for another 7 miles at an easy pace.  All in all, it was a great day of running. 

Apparently next Saturday we're going up to the national parks area for 17 trail miles that go past 3 waterfalls.  I guess this is the 6th year of the run, and something like 200+ runners show up to do it, so it should be really neat. 

Julia...Thanks for getting us started.  I'd do it far more often, but I can't copy and paste with my ipad (I technically know how to do it, but can't figure it out) and I'm never patient enough to start up my laptop.  I don't blame you for skipping out on the run with those winds.  There is something to be said for just heading out and seeing where the wind blows you though ha.

Docket...So sorry about your knee.  I really hope that it isn't as bad as you fear it may be.  It was probably one of those 5k marathon walkers that got you, right?  R.I.C.E.  (not that you need to be told, but I'm telling you anyway)

Beth...Yea, last I checked I was still here post-apocalypse too.  Sorry you're feeling overwhelmed with everything that has to get done.  I'm sure you'll find a way to enjoy it all with your family.  If you find a trick for getting rid of glitter, let me know.  My room is covered in it from wrapping and package decorating, and I'm pretty sure I'll be wearing at least a few pieces of it on my face for months to come.

Mark...Hope you got the miles done in time, and have a safe trip!

Marco...Nice to see you have a not too slick run for a change.  I hope those shoppers don't cause you any trouble. 

Hope the rest of ya'll enjoy your Saturday too!

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Julia1971

All in for Boston

SIAR, I also meant to add - good luck getting to sub 3:30.  You seem well on your way and it'll be quite a feat.  I don't see a goal race on the list, though.  Have you settled on something, yet?

The gym was entertaining.  I got to watch the Doodlebops without sound...  Not sure what they were singing about but they were very excited and happy about it?

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Julia...thanks Smile. Sub 3 is the goal, anything more would be icing. I think it just didn't get added to the list. I don't think I'd know a Doodlebop if I saw one! I take it your sister doesn't run with you?

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Julia1971

All in for Boston

SIAR, my sister is not a runner.  I'm the only exerciser in the family.  They'll go on kicks every once in a while.  My brother did P90X for a while.  That was funny because he taught my niece, who was about 5 at the time, how to do pull-ups.  It was hilarious...  Do you want me to add the race to the list or do you want to hold off for a while?  I have some tune-up races in mind that I'm not ready to commit to that I haven't added...  The Doodlebops is a Saturday morning t.v. show.  The characters are dressed like clowns or something and sing songs.  I think they were sent to us from Canada as some kind of payback for something bad we did.

Finally PRed!!!

Docket: aw, that's awful! hope the knee is better soon.

B.S.: hope you can get your run in. Glad you get to have your birthday and see the Hobbit. Sounds like you're going to have great costumes for the Disney Princess.

mark: hope the recovery run went well. Have a safe trip!

marco: great job getting 7 in. Nice that conditions allowed you to run a little faster.

Julia: glad you had a good recovery run and enjoyed the Doodlebops. I've never seen them..

SIAR: glad your two runs went well. Your run for next Saturday sounds really nice.

My idea of trying to run with 2 groups today was not quite perfect but worked out well enough, the first run started a little late and we ended up doing 10 instead of 9, so I got to the second run later than I thought I would. But that group just does loops in the park, so it was easy enough to find them, ran just a little in the park, then went to brunch. Total was over 14.5 for the day. It was in the 30s here and pretty windy. Had to explain to both groups why I have a black eye. 

PRs: 5K: 22:31, 10K:46:43, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:38:20

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Julia...it's out there, you can add it ha. Thanks. It's a lot easier to do a pull up when one weighs 45 lbs, or so I'd imagine. After dealing with BETH, I could see those Canadians doing something like that (sending bad tv our way I mean).

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Swift...way to make the mileage work. I'd imagine having a black eye as a female is cause for a lot of explaining.