Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner - 2/12/13 - Laissez les bons temps rouler! (Read 12 times)

Julia1971

All in for Boston

February:

PressingOn - 02/16 - Woolley Trail Run Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 02/17 - A1A Marathon

CompetitiveChik - 2/17 - Austin Half Marathon

Runnrchic - 02/24 - New Orleans Marathon - Goal: break 4:34

GregTR - 2/24 - Cowtown Marathon - Official 3:10 pacer

March:

Patti678 - 3/2- Albany Marathon, Albany GA

CompetitiveChik - 3/2 - Woodlands Marathon

JodisRunningForAutism - 3/3 - Seaside Half Marathon Destin, FL

not too swift - 3/3 - Intown Ten (10K) Road Race

PressingOn - 3/3 - Redmond Watershed Trail Run

Docket_Rocket - 03/09 - 13.1 Miami Beach

Julia1971 - 3/16 - Rock n Roll USA

ImNotScott - 3/16 - Rock n Roll USA

SIAR - 3/16 Hermes 5 miler

jojo61397 - 3/17 - Publix Atlanta Marathon - Goal: Sub-4:00 hour

Patti678 - 3/17 Publix Half Marathon, Atlanta GA

Not too Swift - 3/17- Georgia Marathon

athensguy - 3/17- Georgia Marathon

RVDowning - 3/17 - Shamrock Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 3/17 - LA Marathon

Joe1775 - 3/23 - Haulin' in the Holler 50K

Docket_Rocket - 3/23 - Palm 100 50K

JenRosie - 3/24 Irish Run 8K

onemile - 3/30 - Egg Shell Shuffle Half Marathon

PressingOn - 3/30 - Cupcake Run Marathon

April:

Docket_Rocket - 04/07 - Marathon Paris

runnrchic- 04/07- Gulf Coast HM, Pensacola

joe1775 - 4/13  - Glacier Ridge Trail Ultra 50

Docket_Rocket - 04/14 - Key Biscayne Half Marathon

marco59 - 4/15 - Boston - goal: 3:05

markrice - 4/15 Boston - goal sub 3:15

GregTR - 4/15 - Boston

JenRosie - 4/15 - Boston

onemile - 04/20 - Carmel Marathon

Xrayman: 4/21: Lansing Marathon

GregTR - 4/21 - London Marathon

SIAR - 4/28 - Glass City Marathon

GoneFishing - 04/28 - Big Sur, CA

May:

hilltopper91 - 05/05 - Broad Street Run

jackdyl11 - 5/5 - New Jersey Marathon

Joe1775 - 5/5 - Flying Pig Marathon, Cincinnati OH

Docket_Rocket - 05/07 - Puerto Rico Marathon

Patti678 - 5/11 - Gulf Coast Half Ironman, Panama City Beach, FL

RVDowning - 5/11Lake Wobegon Trail Marathon

SprinklesRunner - 5/19-Run for the Red Marathon

runmomto3boys - 05/20 - Green Bay Marathon

June:

Docket_Rocket - 06/13/2012 - San Francisco Marathon

July:

Patti678- 7/4- Peachtree Road Race 10K: goal: PR

August:

Patti678- 8/23 & 24- Hood to Coast- 199 mile relay with 10 person team

September:

SprinklesRunner - Date TBD - Wineglass Marathon

GregTR - 9/29 - Berlin Marathon

October:

runmomto3boys - 10/6 Lakefront Marathon

GregTR - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

November:

SprinklesRunner - 11/3 - NYC Marathon

GregTR - 11/3 - NYC Marathon

runmomto3boys - 11/24 - Route 66 Marathon

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. - Anais Nin

Julia1971

All in for Boston

I'm up!  Having coffee and grape Nuun.  Day 1 of the 3-day run in to work streak.  This might be the hardest one because it's the longest run - 15 miles.  I need to leave the house a little after 6am to end up at work by 8am and be at the training class by 9am.  There's a Mardi Gras "party" at work this morning, too - just King Cake and coffee.  I'm hoping I can get in on that before the class but I'm not sure when it starts.  8:30 might be early.  I did put some chocolate milk in the fridge and peanut butter crackers in my desk, though, so I'll be sure to get something to eat before the class.  I'm still a little sore from the MP workout this weekend so I probably won't push the pace too much today since I have intervals on the schedule for tomorrow.

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. - Anais Nin

Just Keep "Tri" ing

Morning!

Hope your run to work goes well Julia! Enjoy that cake!

Off to the pool now and a run this afternoon.

8  Marathons   26 Half Marathons  9 Duathlons  6 Triathlons

Marathons in Canada/USA/Bermuda/Ireland  Next country - Austria Sept 2014

Marathon 4:10:48 Half Marathon 1:57:44 10K 55:44 8k 42:27 5k 25:27

Finally PRed!!!

Julia: Hope the run to work went well!

B.S.: Enjoy the swim and the run!

SRD for me today.

Have a great day, everyone!

PRs: 5K: 22:31, 10K:46:43, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:38:20

Has Broken Parts

Good morning Beth and Julia!  I have 11 later today that. It's supposed to be close to 50 here later.  I'm really looking forward to running in shorts today.

DW and I work for the same agency and commute together two days a week.  Today I had to get up and out early so I can get my run in before DD's basketball game tonight. It's a huge waste of gas/money to drive two cars 30 miles to the same place.

DD was allowed to practice yesterday. Her ankle is far from 100% but she plans to play tonight. Just 2 more home games in her high school basketball career. I'm really going to miss this time.

Beth - Another swim/run day for you.  Enjoy!

Julia - Sorry about your Garmin issues yesterday.  I hope the 15 in to work went well and that there is some King Cake left when you got there.

----- backtracking ----

SIAR - Good job getting the (not quite) 8 miles in that wind! Now I feel like a wimp for bailing on my run Saturday because of windy conditions.

Marco - You recognize almost half but didn't say if you liked them or not. Very diplomatic. Wink

Pressing - A busy taper time is good. It keeps your mind off of.... stuff.

NTS - Enjoy your rest day. Good work with the soggy six yesterday. I think drivers everywhere can be pretty oblivious to runners, bikers, etc...  There is a thread on the main board of folks sharing horror stories.

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
            Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

About those play lists....   I didn't recognize anything on any list.  Guess I'm dating myself.  Sigh......

Was able to do my 2wu+2(3m@1/2MPw1mr)+2cd (12 miles) without any issues today.  I was concerned a bit about a pain I was feeling behind my left knee, wondering if that might be hamstring related.  I'm just paranoid at the moment.  But all went well.  It was nice to hit that gap in the rain.  It is supposed to be pouring a bit later.

I actually wore my water shoes for a change.  Since I was expecting rain I didn't want to ruin my Mizunos (Wave Creation 4) so wore my water shoes.  I put my footpod (for cadence) on the strap that used to hold my Champion Chip before they went out of style.  The water shoes are good to run in.  They are really thin and weigh next to nothing.  Only problem with them is that they don't wear well.  I only have two pairs left and when I burn through the sole they are done.  I can't find them any more.  So, I just wear them when I'm expecting it to be raining.

And then I get to the office and there are 10 boxes of Girl Scout cookies on my desk.  There will be a change of plans for breakfast.  Screw those carrots I brought with me.  Girl Scout cookies trump carrots any day!

Has Broken Parts

And then I get to the office and there are 10 boxes of Girl Scout cookies on my desk.  There will be a change of plans for breakfast.  Screw those carrots I brought with me.  Girl Scout cookies trump carrots any day!

Amen!

Bad Ass

Bonjour, oui, oui.  I ended up not doing anything yesterday because I was sick.  Repeat of yesterday's workouts today.  Feeling much better.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Next:  RnR Country Music Half Marathon

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

jackdyl11

Double post, stupid computer

jackdyl11

Hi all! I wanted to wait until I was running more consistently and pain free before posting, but I think coming back on here might help me out.  I've done two full workouts in a row, although today's was pretty short (7x800 in ~2:40 w/ 1 minute rest).  I'm probably at 80%. It's really frustrating because I know I still have to take it easy, but I don't have the constant reminder in my foot anymore as the pain is pretty intermittent.  I now think the first doctor I saw was just a orthotics salesman who was trying to depress me into paying him $600 when I didn't have to.  Anyway, still reevaluating race plans for the spring, but I'm signed up for Cherry Blossom on 4/7, and we're making plans to see people around New Jersey for my marathon there, so I guess those are pretty set.  Plus I have to qualify for Boston next year, so I have to do a marathon this spring hurt or not!

I've been checking in every once in a while to see how you guys are doing, but it was too frustrating to come when running wasn't working for me, so sorry if I missed some big stuff.

Julia - Hope you had a good run into work today in this nice weather

BS - Have fun at the pool!

Scott - I'm sorry about your daughter! Makes me feel like I'm complaining about nothing! I hope she has a great last two games.

RVD - What kind of cookies?  I don't like a lot of them, but I could eat about 10 boxes of Samoas in a sitting

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Pressing...Sorry, I forgot to share about the soup.  I thought it was great!  I probably ate as much as your family of 4 does.  I don't know why, but in my head it was going to be white (I think bc of the ranch packet?).  Once I got over the shock, I really enjoyed it.  Nice mile swim for you in the bathtub.

Swift...Glad you survived your 6 miles in the rain and rush hour!  I'm with you on the no music during race.  I try to limit it during training too.  Enjoy your rest day.

Julia...That's too bad about your Gore gear not being to your liking.  That's the trouble with shopping online I guess, but for running gear there aren't a whole lot of other ways to do it.  Good luck with the work running, hope it works out.

Beth..Have a good multi-sport day!

Scott...Good news that your DD can practice again.  Will you be able to make it to some of her college games, once she moves on?  50 degrees sounds awesome for a run!  I'm jealous of that.

RVD...Great job on your workout...nice to stay dry too.  I definitely couldn't run my fast runs in that little shoe.  You must have awesome form.  Enjoy those cookies!

Docket...Hope it goes better today.

Jack...Hey, nice to see you again!  I've struggled to post on here when I've been injured too, so I don't blame you for taking some time away.  At least you're back to running some now, even if you're still not feeling 100%.  Just try to be patient and don't rush it, even though I'm sure you're dying to go full speed again.

As for me, I didn't get moving early so it's going to be a long lunch run.  As long as my body is feeling okay during my warmup miles, I'm going to head to the track to get the workout done.  Also, I managed to stab a knife through my palm last night trying to separate some froze sausage patties.  I was thinking of going to the ER, but I decided against it.  I can still move my fingers so I don't think I damaged the tendons, but it hurts like heck to open and close my hand.  I'm sure that's going to throb like crazy on the run!

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

RVD - What kind of cookies?  I don't like a lot of them, but I could eat about 10 boxes of Samoas in a sitting

I got four samoas as well as a couple of the thin mints and a couple of other varieties.  I'll give some of them away but eat the rest.

RVD...Great job on your workout...nice to stay dry too.  I definitely couldn't run my fast runs in that little shoe.  You must have awesome form.  Enjoy those cookies!

I ran the Chicago Marathon in water shoes one year.  I would wear these all the time, except for the fact that they wear so poorly.  Plus, I can't find them any more.  Nice zero heel/toe drop and totally flexible.  I keep looking for a replacement.  I got some new water shoes a week or so ago but haven't worn them yet.  To me they don't look like they will wear even as well as the other water shoes.  I'll give them a try the next time I have a short run scheduled.

Has Broken Parts

As for me, I didn't get moving early so it's going to be a long lunch run.  As long as my body is feeling okay during my warmup miles, I'm going to head to the track to get the workout done.  Also, I managed to stab a knife through my palm last night trying to separate some froze sausage patties.  I was thinking of going to the ER, but I decided against it.  I can still move my fingers so I don't think I damaged the tendons, but it hurts like heck to open and close my hand.  I'm sure that's going to throb like crazy on the run!

Do you mean all the way through or just into your palm? Either way I'm sure that hurt like hell!

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Do you mean all the way through or just into your palm? Either way I'm sure that hurt like hell!

Ha, yes, not THROUGH. That surely would have necessitated the ER trip. Deeply into was the more appropriate descriptor.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)