Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner - 4/13/2013 (Read 14 times)

Has Broken Parts

April:

Joe1775 - 4/13  - Glacier Ridge Trail Ultra 50

Docket_Rocket - 4/13 - SunSmart 5K

So_Im_a_Runner - 4/14 - Union Half Marathon (1:30 pacer)

AthenaofAmerica - 4/14 - Artichoke Half Marathon

Marco59 - 4/15 - Boston - goal: 3:05

markrice - 4/15 - Boston - goal sub 3:15

GregTR - 4/15 - Boston

JenRosie - 4/15 - Boston

onemile - 04/20 - Carmel Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 4/20 - DTF Endurance Race 50K

Xrayman: 4/21 - Lansing Marathon

GregTR - 4/21 - London Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 04/27 - Key Biscayne Half Marathon

CompetitiveChik - 4/27 - Green 6.2 - goal ?

SIAR - 4/28 - Glass City Marathon

GoneFishing - 04/28 - Big Sur, CA

Julia1971 - 4/28 - Nike Women's Half Marathon

May:

ImNotScott- 5/3 - White Oak Classic 5K.

ImNotScott- 5/5 - Frederick Running Festival HM

hilltopper91 - 05/05 - Broad Street Run

jackdyl11 - 5/5 - New Jersey Marathon

Joe1775 - 5/5 - Flying Pig Marathon, Cincinnati OH

PressingOn - 5/5 - Tacoma City Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 05/07 - Puerto Rico Marathon

Patti678 - 5/11 - Gulf Coast Half Ironman, Panama City Beach, FL

RVDowning - 5/11 - Lake Wobegon Trail Marathon

AthenaofAmerica - 5/11 - Mermaid Run East Bay Sirena18 (18 miles)

SprinklesRunner - 5/19 - Run for the Red Marathon

Runmomto3boys - 05/20 - Green Bay Marathon

June:

Docket_Rocket - 6/16 - San Francisco Marathon

AthenaofAmerica - 6/16 - San Francisco Marathon

July:

Patti678- 7/4 - Peachtree Road Race 10K: goal: PR

Not too Swift - 7/4 - Peachtree Road Race 10K

AthenaofAmerica - 7/6 Dirty Half Dozen 6-Hour Endurance Run

August:

Patti678 - 8/23 & 24- Hood to Coast- 199 mile relay with 10 person team

September:

SprinklesRunner - Date TBD - Wineglass Marathon

GregTR - 9/29 - Berlin Marathon

October:

Runmomto3boys - 10/6 Lakefront Marathon

GregTR - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

RVDowning - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

AthenaofAmerica - 10/19 - Folsom Blues Breakout Half Marathon

RVDowning - 10/26 - Silver Comet Marathon

not too swift - 10/27- Atlanta Marathon

ImNotScott - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

JackDyl11 - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

November:

Julia1971 - 11/3 - New York City Marathon

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
    Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Has Broken Parts

Good morning lazies!

I slept in and feel great.  Headed out for 12 with 8 at MP (thanks RVD) in a bit, then home to finish staining my deck.  Next time I think I'll hire someone, this is too much like work!

Have a great day all!

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hey Scott! Have a good RVD out there, and good luck with the deck. I'm ashamed at how little house work I'm actually capable of doing, but youre right, the time savings of hiring someone is really nice. Hopefully it won't take too long.

Julia...congrats on the race last night. Considering all your racing, I bet your legs were really feeling it. Just running strongly and keeping your form while finishing with a kick are awesome, and finishing so highly is nice too. You have to credit pucker man for working back up to you, but I agree, hearing that twice sounds awful.

I'm off to do a "poker" run. I've never won anything with this group (they give something away every week), so I'm hoping today is my day. The fact that I wouldn't know a good poker hand if it were staring at me could be a minor problem though. Mostly I'm just wanting to run 5-10 miles without pain.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Julia1971

All in for Boston

SRD for me today but I'll probably try to hit the gym and lift some weights.  Other than that, I don't plan on doing much of anything today except do some tidying up around the house and maybe go shopping.  I think this is the first weekend I'll have completely to myself since the marathon.  Although, my BFF is trying to convince me to coach field hockey tomorrow.  I don't really like coaching, though.  I'm so worried they're going to hurt themselves!

Hope you have a good race today, D_R!

Hey Boston runners!  Hope you made it to Beantown safely.  Enjoy the expo!  Don't miss the course video.

Scott, It's good that you're doing it, though.  My deck hasn't been stained in years and it shows.  I think I need to have the whole thing replaced.  Sad  Have fun with the MP miles.

SIAR, What's a poker run?  Yes, my legs are very tired.  I think I'm going to work in another rest day for next week to give myself a better shot of sub-20 next Friday.

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. - Anais Nin

Just Keep "Tri" ing

Morning folks. First time in a week or so that  I've had time to actually post something more than a few words.

Sorry but I haven't been able to keep up on the postings lately.

Training is chugging along, going great actually, despite the lack of sleep and ensuing fatigue. I also suspect

some of the tiredness is from the emotions and stress which is why I need to keep running!LOL

I have decided I need to cut back swimming from 4 times/week for the next 2 weeks of training and only do

2Xweek, just to give the body a little rest before my marathon on May 12th. Plenty of time to keep tri training

after the marathon. First tri of the season is June 9th. .

Last Saturday night I only had 3 hours sleeps and felt awful starting out on my 18.2 mile run. Zero

hopes of even hitting pace that day. Turned out exactly the opposite. Despite the 1,500 foot gain in the

first 13.1 miles I hit the half point at 2:14, then felt so strong I did the last 5 miles at MP and felt fantastic.

Ended up with a training run of sub 10mm pace for the day. Total climb of over 1,800 feet.

Sunday - 18.2 miles run 
            Monday - 1,500 yard swim 
            Tuesday - 1,300 yard swim followed immediately by 3.5 mile run 
            Wednesday - 9 mile run followed by 500 meters in the pool
            Thursday - swim clinic with drills 
            Friday - 9.5 mile run - first 4.6 miles slow @ 10:25 pace, next 4.9 miles @ 9:40 pace, felt fantastic

Scott, we stripped and restained our cedar deck and arbour last fall. Took off all the spindles and sanded

by hand. It was a pain! However since we built both our homes from scratch ourselves hiring someone is

not in our mindset. We are gluttons for hard work but became mortgage free at age 30 after selling the first

house and built this one with cash, so all that manual labour was worth it!LOL

Julia, fabulous race!! Congrats!

SIAR, sorry you are having pain again.Sad

Good luck to all the Boston folks!! We have lots of friends running and will be stalking them! Another group

of friends went down to volunteer in Hopkington. They are going to have a blast!

Have a good weekend folks!

8  Marathons   26 Half Marathons  9 Duathlons  6 Triathlons

Marathons in Canada/USA/Bermuda/Ireland  Next country - Austria Sept 2014

Marathon 4:10:48 Half Marathon 1:57:44 10K 55:44 8k 42:27 5k 25:27

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

I didn't win anything! I had 3 of a kink, but that didn't get me anywhere. I ran about 6 miles total and was mostly pain free...hopefully I'll feel as good later.

Julia..it was a fun 5k where you stopped and drew cards at various points to get a poker hand. Enjoy your weekend of leisure.

Beth...you're doing awesome getting all those workouts in with all you have going on. Very impressive. O think the reduced swim schedule is smart, and I can't wait to see your marathon time.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Julia1971

All in for Boston

SIAR, That sounds like fun.  It seems like you have a good group to run with.

Just B.S., I would think the exercise is a good outlet.  Good job getting the workouts in despite of everything else going on.

Okay.  I'm feeling the need to leave the couch.  It looks nice out.

Bad Ass

Morning!  I did great on my 5K.  Very far from a PR but it was 84F and 74 dewpoint.  No albuterol but I was coughing and phlegming a lot, LOL.

6 miles so far, including the race.  More miles and weights later.

Scott, enjoy your 12.

SIAR, enjoy your poker run.

Julia, enjoy the rest!

Beth, I am amazed at what you can accomplish with everything on your plate.  Keep it up!

Have a great day!

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Next:  RnR Country Music Half Marathon

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

Has Broken Parts

Hey folks.  Just got back from my run.  I ended up running about 12.5.  I was at the 6 mile point on the trail but I was almost to White's Ferry which is a local landmark so I ran the extra .25 so I could stop and take a couple pictures.  I wanted to share a couple but my iPhoto library is giving me a heart attack right now.  It's "repairing" the database and taking a long time doing it. Fingers crossed that it doesn't "repair" all my pictures into oblivion.

MTA: iPhoto eventually did it's thing.  All my pictures appear to still be there.  Yes, I know I need to back up more often.

The remains of the bridge at White's Ferry:

Artsy shot of me with the sun coming down:

I planned to run a 2 mile warm up and then do 8 at MP followed by a 2 mile cool down but called an audible on the first mile.  The legs were happy to run at MP right off the bat so I just went with it.  I decided I was going to run 8 at MP and then run the last 4 at HMP but when I picked up the pace at mile 8 I started to get a sharp pain in the top of my left foot so I dialed it back down.  The end result was 12 at MP with a .5 cool down.

SIAR - The poker run sounds like a good time.  Sorry you didn't win anything but I'm glad to hear that you are running (almost) pain free.  Good luck pacing the HM tomorrow.

Julia - Enjoy the well earned RD.  You've been racing a lot lately!

Beth - Great job getting all that work in with all of the "stuff" you are dealing with.  Also, I bet it would be nice to be mortgage free, but I'd be afraid to see my tax bill if I didn't have that mortgage interest deduction!

Damaris - Congrats on the phlegmy 5K. I hope your later miles are cough and phlegm free!

Julia1971

All in for Boston

Still wasting time.  I decide to buy my pictures from Cherry Blossom.  Here's a good one:

D_R, I'm glad you didn't need the inhaler.

Scott, What a beautiful place to run.  I'll have to make my way up there some day.

Bad Ass

Nice picture.  I am sure the weather was colder than you look!  I would have been in long sleeves or something, I'll bet. Big grin

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Next:  RnR Country Music Half Marathon

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

Has Broken Parts

Still wasting time.  I decide to buy my pictures from Cherry Blossom.  Here's a good one:

D_R, I'm glad you didn't need the inhaler.

Scott, What a beautiful place to run.  I'll have to make my way up there some day.

Great pic!  You look so much happier than that guy running next to you!

On the train, two hours away.  No running today or tomorrow.  Lately, I have been taking two days off prior to a race.

Julia--Great work on the PR.

Beth--I helped process those folks on the bus.  Some were running and others volunteers.  Met a bunch from Rothesay.

Just Keep "Tri" ing

On the train, two hours away.  No running today or tomorrow.  Lately, I have been taking two days off prior to a race.

Julia--Great work on the PR.

Beth--I helped process those folks on the bus.  Some were running and others volunteers.  Met a bunch from Rothesay.

Yup! That's my gang!LOL

The volunteer folks especially are really good friends. One of the girls was my Disney Princess companion.

Hope you have a blast!!

8  Marathons   26 Half Marathons  9 Duathlons  6 Triathlons

Marathons in Canada/USA/Bermuda/Ireland  Next country - Austria Sept 2014

Marathon 4:10:48 Half Marathon 1:57:44 10K 55:44 8k 42:27 5k 25:27