SprinklesRunner - Date TBD - Wineglass Marathon

GregTR - 9/29 - Berlin Marathon

October:

GregTR - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

November:

SprinklesRunner - 11/3 - NYC Marathon

GregTR - 11/3 - NYC Marathon

fake it till you make it

Woo hoo- first time starting a Daily thread! I guess that's the one perk of working the night shift.

Wednesdays are my rest day (and core, but I rarely get that done!).  Glad to have a rest day after Tuesday's speedwork, ouch.

Bad Ass

Morning!  I have an SRD.  Off with DH to watch a Cirque du Soleil show tonight.

I did run 3 last night. Blush

JenRosie, enjoy your rest day.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Next:  RnR Country Music Half Marathon

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

Has Broken Parts

Good morning,

I misread my training schedule for the week.  Yesterday was supposed to be 8 w/5x800m @5K pace.  Today is supposed to be a recovery 5 not a SRD as I thought.  I didn't do the speed work yesterday so today I'm planning to do the 5 at lunch and then head up to the HS track after work for the 800's.  This will be my first time running on a track since last summer.

Jen - Have a good rest day!

Damaris - Enjoy the show tonight!

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
          Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Finally PRed!!!

JenRosie: enjoy your rest day.

Docket: you too, enjoy the show.

Scott: enjoy the 5 and have fun  with the 800s.

I ran a little less than 4 this am in the rain. Doing 6 later with a group, did have that 2nd run planned to be 8, but my left knee is feeling a little tweaky. It doesn't hurt exactly, just feels a little weird, so I'll back off the miles even a bit more than planned.

Have a great day, everyone!

PRs: 5K: 22:31, 10K:46:43, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:38:20

SRD today so just did my usual easy four on the treadmill at work plus the two I owed from yesterday from cutting that run short.  So, just an easy six today, while looking out the window at the pouring rain outside.  Tomorrow I'm scheduled for a progression run, 2wu+8PR+2cd, but may have to swap tomorrow with Thursday since the rain is supposed to continue.

Julia1971

All in for Boston

Argh!  I had a long post that I somehow deleted!  So, I'll be short and sweet since I need to head out to work in a few minutes...

I'm doubling today.  I finished 6 in the drizzing rain this morning followed by form drills and am planning to do 4 tonight after work.  It's going to be a long day.

I've been having some really good runs lately.  I'm hoping it's a sign that I'm getting faster.  I'm trying to talk myself into shooting for sub-3:15 in March and think it's going to be a matter of confidence as well as training.  My latest running mantra has been, "No one's going to give you 3:15.  You're gonna have to earn it".  We'll see how that works out.  LOL!

JenRosie, Thanks for getting us started this morning.  And, nice work on the intervals yesterday.  The stalkee has become the stalker.  Smile

D_R, Very sneaky with those 3 miles.  Hope they felt okay.

Scott, Have fun at the track.  Maybe watch your footing.

Swift, We're workout twins today.  Although, I did my 6 first.  Have a great workout.

RVD, Good luck moving the workouts around.  It's raining everywhere, I guess.

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. - Anais Nin

Has Broken Parts

My latest running mantra has been, "No one's going to give you 3:15.  You're gonna have to earn it".

My favorite is "Races aren't won, their taken. So go take it."

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
                  Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Just Keep "Tri" ing

Morning All!! I don't think I posted here yesterday.

It was only 3 measly miles anyway. After the long run Sunday then swimming Monday morning on zero sleep (which basically meant 2 hours sleep in 36 hours) I didn't have energy for much for than 3.

Swim done this morning at 7:30. The swimming is going really well, I'm very pleased at how quickly it's coming back.

7 miles later today.

Julia, as to your question re: insomnia......I have never taken anything, I'm just one of those people who won't unless I'm dying!LOL  The insomnia is so random (could be once/week, could be twice, then not again for 2-3 weeks) and unpredictable that I prefer just to deal with it by taking the day off exercising if I have to.

I had to laugh about the "no shoes". One day last week DH called me to say he couldn't run at lunch because he had grabbed my black winter tights instead of his. He asked me if I could sew a pink ribbon on them so we could tell them apart!LOL

Pressing, hope your little one is feeling better today.

You and SIAR made me laugh with the hill comparison. I would drive somewhere to run to avoid the hills if I wasn't so lazy. Seems like an oxymoron doesn't it?LOL

This is the first hill up to my house, it's followed by about 6 more of these over a mile, no flat sections, with a 350ft gain. The photo really doesn't do the grade justice!LOL I do my hill sprints up to my house after short easy runs.

I have a "no stopping/no walking" on the hills policy ( and for all my run time for that matter). I'm 100% convinced that being able to run this terrain without stopping is what enables me to run low mileage and still easily run sub 4:30 marathons.

I do my tempo/pace runs on the same terrain. So when I say I "averaged" a 9mm pace it includes the climbs so I'm really running much faster on the flat sections.

I take my Iphone when I cycle  (in case I  crash or need to be rescued by hubby!LOL) and I like to take photos. This size hill is pretty normal for me......it's about 3.5 miles from home in a series of 4 continuous hills....I would say I have at least 15 of these and a few quite of them higher and longer on a 20 mile run. If they aren't hills then they are rollers most of the way.

Marathons run in Canada/USA/Bermuda/Ireland   

Next country for us - Austria Sept 2014 for 30th Wedding Anniversary :)

Just Keep "Tri" ing

JenRose and Docket, enjoy your rest day!

Scott, good luck with the speed work. Your track isn't snow covered? Ours is at the local

rec centre and they don't plow it so it's usually covered by ice or snow all winter.

Swift, enjoy the runs. Hope the "wonky" knee feels better!

RVDowning, I'm confused......you run on your SRD??

Jack, you made me laugh with the temper tantrum!

Julia, enjoy your double. If you get much faster you might break the sound barrier!!

Hi Marco!!

Marathons run in Canada/USA/Bermuda/Ireland   

Next country for us - Austria Sept 2014 for 30th Wedding Anniversary :)

RVDowning, I'm confused......you run on your SRD??

Just B.S.  The Hansons program only has one SRD per week, but it says that if one wants to increase one's weekly mileage one can add distance to the easy runs and/or add in some slow miles on the SRD.  So, as a rule I've been doing 4 slow on the treadmill on those scheduled Wednesday off days.

PressingOn

Hey all!  Happy Wednesday!  My ds is back at school today.  I'm so happy.  Now I can get out of this house.  SRD though so no running.

JenRosie - Your Wednesday sounds exactly like mine. SRD with core work that I often skip. Okay, I'll do my core if you do your core. Wink

Damaris - 3 is 3. Enjoy Cirque du Soleil.

Scott - Have fun at the track. Do you like track work? I've never run on one. Well, other than in HS when I was forced to. Oh wait, I guess I've had a few 1/2 marathon's end on a track. That's probably not the same, huh? Smile

Swift - Good thought to listen to the tweaky knee. Hope it isn't anything.

RVD - I love how your SRD winds up being 6 miles.

Julia - That's great you're feeling faster. I like the mantra. I'd say you are most certainly working for your goal. And go figure, the Seattle area is the one area not raining today. Sunny skies and cold temps. 27 this a.m.

Beth - So happy you're enjoying your swimming.  I feel like it's been forever since I swam since I missed all last week and my Monday swim this week.  Friday I get to go back to the pool.  I like the hill photo's. It is annoying how photo's don't seem to show the true grade, huh? I'm sure they are what make you faster and stronger. The hill up to my house is a 175 ft gain that happens in about .2 miles with a couple portions that are quite steep. Actually, your hills there look like a lot of the hills out to my house. My saving grace is the rails to trails nearby. I call it flat but it still has some gradual inclines that I pretend are not there since they are not visually apparant.  However,  running intervals in that area or riding my bike and suddenly I know without a doubt they are there.  lol.  I'm hoping if I run my drive enough times my upcoming trail run won't seem so bad.  It helped on my last marathon, for sure.

Okay, hello to everybody yet to post.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hello!  This morning I just ended up doing an easy run, 12.14 miles total.  I'll do a double by running another 5 tonight with the running group.  Physically I felt like I could have done a quality workout this morning, but mentally I just felt like running and not worrying about paces - so that's what I did!

Jen...I've been with these guys for years and I still don't know if I've ever started a thread.  Nice work!  That's funny you say that about the core work as I'm terrible at cross training as well.  I need to be in the pool and on the bike to keep my tri fitness up for after my marathon, but I've been really bad lately.  Hope your soreness from the hard workout yesterday isn't too bad.

Docket...Glad you got a few miles in last night to cure your boredom.  The Cirque show sounds very cool.  Does your husband enjoy them, or do you drag him to marathons and shows too? ha

Scott...I hate it when that happens!  Just don't go overboard trying to squeeze everything into a condensed period.  Good luck at the track.  I haven't been there in a while either, but am looking forward to it.

NotSwift...Looks like you're on the double day today as well.  Bummer about the knee.  It seems like you've had a lot of little aches and pains lately.  Hopefully they stay just that, especially since you're feeling faster and stronger like you mentioned last night.

RVD....You saying you "owed" miles made me laugh.  I promise you don't owe any of us any miles, although I know you meant you owed them to yourself.  Looking out the window at rain sounds kinda peaceful, coming from someone that loves to sleep while it's raining.

Julia...Here's my solution to yesterday's problem:  you need to get better at eating on the run.  I'm thinking full sized breakfast sandwich, while running.  Kidding aside, I have noticed that the more I run directly after a meal, the less it bothers me.  I seem to do that a lot more in the summer than the winter though, and it's still not exactly fun.  Bummer about your first posting and frustrating too.  Enjoy today's double.  As for your MP, it does seem like you're having some great runs.  My only advice would be to make sure that your pace goal is definite come race day.  Now's a good time to play with different paces, but just like you said, commitment is the real key, especially for race day.  I've never been much of a mantra user, but I like yours.  Occasionally I'll tell myself "good and strong," meaning you're good at this and feeling strong, but that's about it.

Beth....Hey there Aqualung!  You're doing some crazy swimming lately.  Nice job with the 3 and 7 too.  Thanks for sharing the pics!  I've been tempted to take some of my hills to show them off too.  They're pretty similar, although maybe not quite as frequent as yours.  I totally agree about their benefits.

Pressing...Good to read that you're not tethered to your home today and that the family is feeling better.  Enjoy the rest day.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Julia....I forgot to ask, are you loving the tennis right now?

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Beth--Were those pics taken yesterday?Smile

I am really pushing it if I can run my hilly route at an 8:00 pace.  So, to me that is MP, because I add about :30-:45 seconds per mile because of the hills.

Did 10 for the third day in a row.  So, happy about that.  Friday morning, it is supposed to be -5 which would break last year's running record of -2.  Something to look forward to!!