Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner - 2/19/2013 (Read 17 times)

Just Keep "Tri" ing

February:

Runnrchic - 02/24 - New Orleans Marathon - Goal: break 4:34

GregTR - 2/24 - Cowtown Marathon - Official 3:10 pacer

March:

Patti678 - 3/2- Albany Marathon, Albany GA

CompetitiveChik - 3/2 - Woodlands Marathon

JodisRunningForAutism - 3/3 - Seaside Half Marathon Destin, FL

not too swift - 3/3 - Intown Ten (10K) Road Race

PressingOn - 3/3 - Redmond Watershed Trail Run

Docket_Rocket - 03/09 - 13.1 Miami Beach

Julia1971 - 3/16 - Rock n Roll USA

ImNotScott - 3/16 - Rock n Roll USA

SIAR - 3/16 Hermes 5 miler

jojo61397 - 3/17 - Publix Atlanta Marathon - Goal: Sub-4:00 hour

Patti678 - 3/17 Publix Half Marathon, Atlanta GA

Not too Swift - 3/17- Georgia Marathon

athensguy - 3/17- Georgia Marathon

RVDowning - 3/17 - Shamrock Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 3/17 - LA Marathon

Joe1775 - 3/23 - Haulin' in the Holler 50K

Docket_Rocket - 3/23 - Palm 100 50K

JenRosie - 3/24 Irish Run 8K

onemile - 3/30 - Egg Shell Shuffle Half Marathon

PressingOn - 3/30 - Cupcake Run Marathon

April:

Docket_Rocket - 04/07 - Marathon Paris

runnrchic- 04/07- Gulf Coast HM, Pensacola

joe1775 - 4/13  - Glacier Ridge Trail Ultra 50

Docket_Rocket - 04/14 - Key Biscayne Half Marathon

So_Im_a_Runner - 4/14 Union Half Marathon (1:30 pacer)

marco59 - 4/15 - Boston - goal: 3:05

markrice - 4/15 Boston - goal sub 3:15

GregTR - 4/15 - Boston

JenRosie - 4/15 - Boston

onemile - 04/20 - Carmel Marathon

Xrayman: 4/21: Lansing Marathon

GregTR - 4/21 - London Marathon

SIAR - 4/28 - Glass City Marathon

GoneFishing - 04/28 - Big Sur, CA

May:

hilltopper91 - 05/05 - Broad Street Run

jackdyl11 - 5/5 - New Jersey Marathon

Joe1775 - 5/5 - Flying Pig Marathon, Cincinnati OH

Docket_Rocket - 05/07 - Puerto Rico Marathon

Patti678 - 5/11 - Gulf Coast Half Ironman, Panama City Beach, FL

RVDowning - 5/11Lake Wobegon Trail Marathon

SprinklesRunner - 5/19-Run for the Red Marathon

runmomto3boys - 05/20 - Green Bay Marathon

June:

Docket_Rocket - 06/13/2012 - San Francisco Marathon

July:

Patti678- 7/4- Peachtree Road Race 10K: goal: PR

August:

Patti678- 8/23 & 24- Hood to Coast- 199 mile relay with 10 person team

September:

SprinklesRunner - Date TBD - Wineglass Marathon

GregTR - 9/29 - Berlin Marathon

October:

runmomto3boys - 10/6 Lakefront Marathon

GregTR - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

8  Marathons   26 Half Marathons  9 Duathlons  6 Triathlons

Marathons in Canada/USA/Bermuda/Ireland  Next country - Austria Sept 2014

Marathon 4:10:48 Half Marathon 1:57:44 10K 55:44 8k 42:27 5k 25:27

Just Keep "Tri" ing

Morning folks!!

Cannot believe how much I missed my swim yesterday!! So I spent time reading my Tri training book!LOL

So much snow on the roads, so much wind, forced me to the t-dmill for a mere 5 miles yesterday.

Supposed to warm up today. So hopefully the miles will be outdoors later.

Off to the pool. Be good.

8  Marathons   26 Half Marathons  9 Duathlons  6 Triathlons

Marathons in Canada/USA/Bermuda/Ireland  Next country - Austria Sept 2014

Marathon 4:10:48 Half Marathon 1:57:44 10K 55:44 8k 42:27 5k 25:27

jojo61397

Morning Just!

X-training day, doing Cross Fit this afternoon.

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
        Sub- 1:45 hour half.

Just standing on the sidelines watching......    Raining this morning, so no big loss.  I'll be back out there Thursday morning for my one mile intervals at 1/2 MP.

REMINDER:  Registration for the Chicago Marathon opens today at 1300 EST.  No idea how long it will remain open this year.  Every year it has closed sooner and sooner.  It may only be hours this time.  Too bad we never got a pool going on how long it would take.

Forgot to mention.  I purchased the Hansons' 60 - 80 mpw plan with a view to using it this summer for Chicago.

Julia1971

All in for Boston

Good morning, everyone.

I got in an 8 mile general aerobic run this morning.  It was nice watching the sun come up. I guess it's getting lighter earlier.  The buildings were washed in a soft orange sunlight.

Just B.S.,  Hope you can run outside today.

JoJo, Enjoy the cross training.

RVD, Good luck out-registering the other runners.  I would plan on getting online at 1:01pm.

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. - Anais Nin

RVD, Good luck out-registering the other runners.  I would plan on getting online at 1:01pm.

Don't worry; I'll be poised over the keyboard aiming at the Enter key right at 1300.  Going back for my 6th. Smile

jackdyl11

Good Morning!

We had a bit of a weird workout this morning - 4x400 on 1 minute rest, then 2xmile on 2-3 minutes, then 4x400 on 1 minute.  The miles were supposed to be at the same pace as the first 400s, and the second 400s were supposed to be faster.  I'm still waiting on my Adios's to come in, so I did another workout in trainers.  Given that, it was a pretty good effort.

One of the guys in my club manages a shoe store around here, and he was going on and on about the new adidas shoes that are coming out with the Boost foam.  He had a pair of their new trainers on, and he said it was giving him more cushioning, more return, and was lighter (not difficult) than my shoes.  A 9 oz shoe with good cushioning sounds pretty awesome.  He said the flats were coming out later this year, but that adidas's elite's were trying them out now and loving them.  I think they're going to be the next Adios's, 4-5 oz's, with just a strip of this boost foam.  He did say that he was disapointed in how the flats were coming out because he loves the Adios, but they made a bunch of changes for the new ones.  Still, I want to try them out!

Just BS - Have fun swimming! So weird how you can miss what other people think of as punishment.

Jodi - Have fun at the gym

RVD - I was planning on Chicago, but then couldn't justify the trip across the country.  I was looking forward to today but oh well.  Now I'm planning on MCM for the fall.  Maybe I'll see you there next year.

Julia - How poetic!

Good morning,

10 done in 14 degree weather.  No wind, so I was warm...even the fingers.

Beth--probably won't see you Thursday.  I forgot I have an out of town meeting and probably won't return until 4:00 our time.

Back to work....need to go visit our other locations

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hey everyone.  We had some intense winds and rain overnight and into the morning, with some snow too.  In other words, running outside this morning wasn't going to work.  I'll shoot for getting it in over lunch, but I haven't decided if I'd rather deal with the wind or the 'mill yet.

Beth...Glad you at least got some TM miles in yesterday.  Hopefully you can get yourself back to the pool soon.  I seem to totally have lost my tri-enthusiasm at the moment.  I'm feeling guilty about it, but I guess it's okay to focus on my running.

Jodi...Hope you have a great crossfit session.

RVD...Good luck with the Chicago registration!  Are you fearful at all that all the hard running with Hanson's program may have caused your injury, or do you think it was just a fluke?  Even though I liked the Daniels plan that I used to do, I dropped it in favor of Hudson because I couldn't seem to stay healthy.

Julia...Yay, sunshine!  With all your early runs that has to a really nice change to finally see the light.  From last night, I totally agree that just getting to race again is a great goal!  I didn't realize that Pfitz has you run a faster first half.  I've read the book, but just had it from the library so I printed the plan and returned it.  I'd have a hard time getting on board with that.  As for red, I guess there are a few things that work, but it usually takes more effort than it's worth.

Jack...Good morning...Thanks for sharing the quotes from the book last night.  I've actually read it, but it's been a while and the horse/rider line apparently just didn't stick with me.  The removing rubber from your shoes line is great stuff too.  What's on tap for you today?  Ah, you edited your post....that looks like a great workout with a nice combination built in.  I've read a little about the new Adidas foam too and would love to try them out.

Swift...That's helpful that you know the pacer...you should definitely be able to get a feel for what he'll do and whether he can actually stick to the plan.

Marco...A nice, wind-free run sounds awesome.  Good run.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

RVD...Good luck with the Chicago registration!  Are you fearful at all that all the hard running with Hanson's program may have caused your injury, or do you think it was just a fluke?  Even though I liked the Daniels plan that I used to do, I dropped it in favor of Hudson because I couldn't seem to stay healthy.

I don't think it was the Hansons' program.  I think it was either a fluke or the additional mileage I was adding on my own to the plan.  I wasn't giving myself much rest, even after a race.  I was adding about 10 mpw to the plan.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

I don't think it was the Hansons' program.  I think it was either a fluke or the additional mileage I was adding on my own to the plan.  I wasn't giving myself much rest, even after a race.  I was adding about 10 mpw to the plan.

It's easy to start adding and wind up in trouble.  The annoying part is that we usually don't know until it's too late.  It's a shame we're not more like cars that have warning lights!

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Has Broken Parts

Hi friends.  Sorry to have been absent so much recently. It's much easier to find time to post here when I'm working!

I have 10 on tap today but it is going to be a wet one. We are having a snow/rain mix right now as the temperature climbs into the 40's.  I'm thinking I'll run an out and back with the first 5 easy and the last 5 at MP.  That's what I usually end up doing when I'm cold and wet anyway, so I might as well make it part of the plan!

Jojo - It's good to see you posting here more often.  You are making great progress with speed! Great job on that long speed run yesterday.  It looks like you and I are running at about the same pace right now, too bad we aren't entered in the same race.  it would be nice to have a friend to run with.

Damaris - Congrats again on getting a PR in your race last weekend. You are a running machine!

RVD - I'm sorry that hamstring is giving you trouble again.  In regards to your 10K on 3/9, I would either drop it or just run it without racing it. Just my 2 cents, but I wouldn't risk aggravating the hamstring.

Marco - You are amazing running in blizzard conditions!  I hope you enjoyed the balmy 14 degree run this morning.

Beth - I hope you enjoyed the swim.  Good luck getting your outdoor run in today. Off to some warm temps for you soon!

Julia - My plan for transportation is to take Metro down for the start and then meet up with my family at RFK at the end.  My DS will visit the National Cathedral with his confirmation class that day so I need to coordinate that.

Jack - Big congrats on getting such a great run in yesterday. Your enthusiasm just jumped off the screen when I read your posts yesterday.

SIAR - Good job getting your double in yesterday.  Sending good weather vibes your way for an outdoor run later.

NTS - Thanks for the tip on the pace band from Greg Maclin. I might need to check that out.  My race has one long climb that has me a bit intimidated.  I'm not a very strong hill climber so I anticipate getting behind pace a little in that section.  Luckily it is very early in the race so I'll have a lot of miles to make it up.

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
                          Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Bad Ass

Morning!  I have a short recovery run tonight.

I do have a HM this weekend but if I cannot do packet pickup, I will run it on my own.  It's in West Palm Beach and I sure cannot drive there during the week.  Hope they have same day pickup (none of mine down here have, so....)

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Next:  RnR Country Music Half Marathon

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

Bad Ass

Hmmm, they have same day packet pickup, yay.  I can run in my orange outfit now. Big grin

Hope everybody has a great day.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Next:  RnR Country Music Half Marathon

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

CompetitiveChik

Hello my running freak friends,

got in a nice 18mile spin this morning.

gotta gir

Dec 23 - Apocalypse Survivors Half Marathon

Jan 13 - Houston Chevron Marathon

Feb 17 - Austin Half Marathon

March 2 - Woodlands Marathon