Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner 2/17/13 - Let's Go Docket_Rocket! (Read 17 times)

Julia1971

All in for Boston

February:

Docket_Rocket - 02/17 - A1A Marathon

Runnrchic - 02/24 - New Orleans Marathon - Goal: break 4:34

GregTR - 2/24 - Cowtown Marathon - Official 3:10 pacer

March:

Patti678 - 3/2- Albany Marathon, Albany GA

CompetitiveChik - 3/2 - Woodlands Marathon

JodisRunningForAutism - 3/3 - Seaside Half Marathon Destin, FL

not too swift - 3/3 - Intown Ten (10K) Road Race

PressingOn - 3/3 - Redmond Watershed Trail Run

Docket_Rocket - 03/09 - 13.1 Miami Beach

Julia1971 - 3/16 - Rock n Roll USA

ImNotScott - 3/16 - Rock n Roll USA

SIAR - 3/16 Hermes 5 miler

jojo61397 - 3/17 - Publix Atlanta Marathon - Goal: Sub-4:00 hour

Patti678 - 3/17 Publix Half Marathon, Atlanta GA

Not too Swift - 3/17- Georgia Marathon

athensguy - 3/17- Georgia Marathon

RVDowning - 3/17 - Shamrock Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 3/17 - LA Marathon

Joe1775 - 3/23 - Haulin' in the Holler 50K

Docket_Rocket - 3/23 - Palm 100 50K

JenRosie - 3/24 Irish Run 8K

onemile - 3/30 - Egg Shell Shuffle Half Marathon

PressingOn - 3/30 - Cupcake Run Marathon

April:

Docket_Rocket - 04/07 - Marathon Paris

runnrchic- 04/07- Gulf Coast HM, Pensacola

joe1775 - 4/13  - Glacier Ridge Trail Ultra 50

Docket_Rocket - 04/14 - Key Biscayne Half Marathon

So_Im_a_Runner - 4/14 Union Half Marathon (1:30 pacer)

marco59 - 4/15 - Boston - goal: 3:05

markrice - 4/15 Boston - goal sub 3:15

GregTR - 4/15 - Boston

JenRosie - 4/15 - Boston

onemile - 04/20 - Carmel Marathon

Xrayman: 4/21: Lansing Marathon

GregTR - 4/21 - London Marathon

SIAR - 4/28 - Glass City Marathon

GoneFishing - 04/28 - Big Sur, CA

May:

hilltopper91 - 05/05 - Broad Street Run

jackdyl11 - 5/5 - New Jersey Marathon

Joe1775 - 5/5 - Flying Pig Marathon, Cincinnati OH

Docket_Rocket - 05/07 - Puerto Rico Marathon

Patti678 - 5/11 - Gulf Coast Half Ironman, Panama City Beach, FL

RVDowning - 5/11Lake Wobegon Trail Marathon

SprinklesRunner - 5/19-Run for the Red Marathon

runmomto3boys - 05/20 - Green Bay Marathon

June:

Docket_Rocket - 06/13/2012 - San Francisco Marathon

July:

Patti678- 7/4- Peachtree Road Race 10K: goal: PR

August:

Patti678- 8/23 & 24- Hood to Coast- 199 mile relay with 10 person team

September:

SprinklesRunner - Date TBD - Wineglass Marathon

GregTR - 9/29 - Berlin Marathon

October:

runmomto3boys - 10/6 Lakefront Marathon

GregTR - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

November:

SprinklesRunner - 11/3 - NYC Marathon

GregTR - 11/3 - NYC Marathon

runmomto3boys - 11/24 - Route 66 Marathon

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. - Anais Nin

Julia1971

All in for Boston

Good morning!  Hope you have a great race today, Docket Rocket!

I'm not sure what I'm doing today since I had planned to race.  Probably one or more recovery runs.  Not sure if I'll try to double or not since the first will probably be on the treadmill.  (It's in the upper 20s but with wind chill we're in the teens).  I might meet up with my running group since I missed last week but I think most of them were racing today.  And, I guess I need to alter my schedule for the week if I want to race this weekend coming up.  There's a half marathon a few hours away but I've had a "no traveling" for running rule so I'd have to break it.  Plus, that's a pretty long distance to race 3 weeks out from my goal race.  (Sigh).  Lots to think about.  Maybe coffee will help...

PressingOn, (Cross posted in yesterday's threadSmile Congratulations!  I'm sure your friend appreciated the company at the start.  Sorry to hear about the rain but I can imagine it was a peaceful run all by yourself with nothing but nature around you...  How did Ginger Ale help?  Did it calm the GI issues?  I might have to try that.  Smile  Hope your recovery is going well!

A few shout outs from yesterday...

Jack, It's great that you're back out there.  Good luck with the 18 today.  It's going to be rough with the wind.

CC, Nice job on the 16 miler!

Marco, I'm intrigued by the idea of not following a plan.  I'm hoping to get to the point that I think I know enough that I can figure out what I should be doing on my own.

Swift, That's a nice bit of running you did yesterday.

SIAR, Shoes were why I was asking about the ankles.  But, yeah, hill running could do it, too...  One of my running goals is to run a 100 mile week.  It's a bit of a "stunt" as a runner of my caliber shouldn't be running 100 mile weeks but I still want to do it.  I think I'll be ready for it either this next marathon cycle this fall or next spring.

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. - Anais Nin

Finally PRed!!!

Morning!

Go Docket!

Great job yesterday, Pressing! Especially with all the rain. Good you helped your friend at the beginning, and it's smart you ran this one slower with another coming up in just 2 weeks,

Julia: Hope you enjoy your recovery run(s). Good luck figuring out what to do about a race next weekend. I have raced a half 3 weeks before a goal full and PRed both. But I guess it is a really individual thing, and I'm not in your pace range.

I'll be heading out in an hour or so to run down to meet my Sunday running/brunch group. I think I'll do 10 with them (this group has different people going different distances, but since they're training for the half, a lot are doing 10 or 13.1 now), so I should get 12+ total again.

Hope everyone's Sunday gets off to a great start--I'll  check back in later.

PRs: 5K: 22:31, 10K:46:43, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:38:20

Just Keep "Tri" ing

Morning everyone!!!

Yesterday was excellent!! The swim @ 7:30-8:30  was fantastic. Then drove home got changed and

met the girls. We tricked the b'day girl into running 10 miles instead of 9. Oops!LOL Tthen we went

for brunch to make trip plans. The b'day girl wants us to wear the tutu's on the plane. That should be

a sight!LOL

The knee is totally back to normal.  I think the additional 4-5 hours/week of kicking while swimming might

need to be managed better. We do a lot of drills during the twice weekly clinics that usually have a lot

of kicking drills. I'll just be keeping an eye on that aspect and modify if necessary.

DOCKET, I checked your weather. Looks like you are finally getting that cool 40-50ish weather and low

humidity that you are always talking about wishing for during marathons!! Should be a great day for your race!

It actually got up to 40 here yesterday for the first time since October. We were all overdressed with a jacket on

and stripped to one shirt after 5 miles and did the rest in one long sleeve. Felt like spring and perfect running temp!!

Good luck!

PRESSING, awesome job! I can totally sympathize. My Sept marathon was a total downpour from mile 5 on

and I was completely under dressed. After a while you just give up caring. It was my PR and completely

miserable and fabulous all at the same time!LOL  Having that water come down on your back sounds awful

though! How nice of you to pace your friend and I'm sure it will pay off in 2 weeks. I would think of it as a

great last long run.

The marathon I'm doing in May (my 2nd time doing this one) is mostly gravel. It can get on your nerves after a while!

About multiple marathons. Don't beat yourself up. Remember that most people doing multiples close together

are doing them slow. I think you will do great in 2 weeks time!

JACK, great to hear you are back at it! Enjoy your 18.

JULIA, enjoy that coffee. Hope it helps with the thought process!LOL

SWIFT, enjoy your group run/brunch!

Everyone else, I will be back later for more comments and to check up on you people!LOL

8  Marathons   26 Half Marathons  9 Duathlons  6 Triathlons

Marathons in Canada/USA/Bermuda/Ireland  Next country - Austria Sept 2014

Marathon 4:10:48 Half Marathon 1:57:44 10K 55:44 8k 42:27 5k 25:27

Has Broken Parts

Posting from my phone so I will be brief. 2.25 on treadmill then bailed and ran the remaining 4.75 outside to get to 50 for the week.

Sunday games got cancelled due to wet fields. DS team was in the semi-finals too. Headed for home in a bit.

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
            Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Pressing...congrats on the marathon finish! I'm surprised you didn't get cold chatting with the volunteers, but it sounded like they were a good bunch. As for the ginger ale, I loved it during the ultra I paced. I was probably running your pace too, or slower actually. I think you were really pushing for a PR, it might not work as well. That was nice that you got to run some with a friend, and I can see how it helped you from pushing too hard early. I'm impressed that you were still feeling good - hopefully that is still the case today. Time to do it all over again now, right?

Docket...hope it goes well!

I have 19 miles to get in here. It's been snowing, but seems to be tapering off. The miles are supposed to be MP.plus 10%, so I'll have to see if the footing is enough for that. Catch the rest of you later.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

CompetitiveChik

I'm thinkin a PR is in store for Docket. Go Docket Go!

Feelin really good today after yesterdays 16mile push. surprisingly my legs don't feel sore. woohoo! today is an hour bike ride after work.

I would do personals but someone seems to have messed up my computer and I don't have my wireless mouse. the usb is missing, my charging cord is busted. I'm not a happy camper right now. dd has had friends over for the last 3 nights. I'm thinkin one of them is the perp. we're gonna have to lay down some ground rules about this. things are already comin up broken or missing. fortunately it's nothing expensive but we don't know these girls and when we have seen dd hasn't bothered to introduce us. this is our house and we need her to respect that.

happy runnin all

Dec 23 - Apocalypse Survivors Half Marathon

Jan 13 - Houston Chevron Marathon

Feb 17 - Austin Half Marathon

March 2 - Woodlands Marathon

jojo61397

Morning all...  Not much time for personals.  Decided to run 18 tomorrow, then do the 20 next week, just think that a 20 miler would be better three weeks before rather than 4 weeks.

Anyway, heading out for a 6 miler today-- it's chilly today.

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
                  Sub- 1:45 hour half.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

18.38 miles, 7:14 pace, topping off 100 miles this week.  That may have been one of the best runs I've ever had.  It didn't start off well as I got there and realized I had forgotten my handheld and GU.  But, I figured I ate a big dinner last night so I'd have plenty of fuel to burn.  It was pretty cold (18, feels like of 5) and windy, but I was strong the whole run.  I even felt good enough to run the last 1.38 under MP.

Julia...What's your no traveling for running rule?  I don't exactly travel much for my running, but am trying to get through all of the Ohio marathons.  I feel badly for suggesting that you shouldn't add the 6 miles last night since running 100 in a week is one of your goals.  I used to think that it was a bit of a "stunt" too.  Honestly though, with the miles you put in, it's well within the range of reasonable in my book.  Even using the 10% rule you'd be there within two weeks considering the 85ish you usually run.  As for the half that's potentially 3 weeks out, I don't think I'd race it if it were me.  I'm running one as a pacer about 3 weeks out myself, but it'll just be an MP run for me.

Swift...I hope you had a nice time with the running group and got some good food.  I need to find some serious food here myself!

Beth...Glad you had such a great day yesterday and that your body is feeling better.  Tutu's on a plane sound like something only very confident women would be willing to do lol.

Scott...bummer about the soccer games!  Those tournament weekends can be so fun.  Where were they playing?  Nice job on the 50 mile week!

CC..Nice job with your run yesterday.  That's great that you're feeling good too.  Hopefully that means the ill effects of your wreck are pretty much done.  Good luck figuring everything out with your daughter and her friends.

Jodi...Hope the run went well for you and leaves you feeling ready for a longer one tomorrow.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

6.6 done in blizzard like conditions.  We are under some type of blizzard warning through tomorrow afternoon.  It wasn't that cold and snow wasn't that heavy, but it was blowing sideways.  Pace was barely under 10 minutes.  And, to think I was in shorts yesterday.

jackdyl11

Managed a little under 17 in a pretty tough run.  Someone decided to use an obscenely hilly course that I was totally not up to.  I gave up after about 15.5 miles, and walked/ jogged the rest of the way in.  I didn't feel injured, just shot.  I'm trying to look at the positives - My foot didn't hurt at all, I needed hill work and definitely got it, and I managed to run a long run, which I haven't done in over a month.  Having a crappy run is tough but at least I got out there.

Julia - I couldn't find any good races in the DC area for next week either.  I'd suggest the Reston 10 miler on 3/8, but that probably doesn't work for your schedule.

NTS - Have fun with lunch/brunch!

Julia - Sounds like you guys are going to have some fun, whatever you end up doing.  Glad your leg is all better!

Scott - Good mileage!

SIAR - Very impressive, especially in the cold and snow.  Is that a Canova inspired run?

CC - have fun on the bike and I hope you figure your computer out.

Marco - You're tough! Running in a blizzard? I bet your blizzards are different than the 'blizzards' we get down here too.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Jack...that run is from Hudson, and I'm not sure really if Canova is in his list of influences or not. Actually I don't know anything about Canova training, so maybe I need to do some reading! I've struggled trying to combine hill runs with long runs too, so I can guess at what you were feeling. Like you were saying though, all things considered, it's not such a bad run. It's so hard to stay patient after injury stuff, but at least you seem to be getting over the hump.

Marco...I guess that's the global warming influence - total unpredictability. At least you were able to get a few more outdoor miles in before having to go back to the TM.

jojo61397

I did my 6.27 miles.  I ran it at an average pace of 8:20 min/mile Smile.  I'm thrilled.  It seems I have another "pace" breakthrough.

Jodi

PR:

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub- 125 pounds

PressingOn

Hey all.  Oh my, I am so tired.  Had a hard time sleeping last night.  I ended up taking some Benadryl around 1:00 a.m. to knock myself out.  Getting up in time for church this a.m. was difficult as I was still groggy from the Benadryl but at least I managed to sleep.  Soon as I'm done posting here I'm off for a nap.  I still feel okay.  I'm sore but not as sore as I was after my Nov. marathon.  I feel like I ran an extra long lr.  Mostly I'm just tired.

Julia - Have you decided on the race yet or not?  I too am curious what you consider traveling for a race.  1 hour? 2 hours?  3?  I try to stay near to home also.  2 hours is the longest I've traveled. How'd the tm run go?  Ginger Ale, I enjoyed the carbonation.  Not sure why but it was refreshing.  I also figured since ginger is supposed to be good for tummy's it couldn't hurt. I wasn't having GI trouble so who knows if it would help if one already had problems. I just know it tasted yummy to me.

Swift - Another group run. Fun. Hope it's a good one.

Beth - Can you use a pull bouy for those drills that aren't kicking involved and save your legs a little that way? I'm not beating myself up over my time. After the first 6 miles I knew I was way behind on time and was the last full marathoner (other slow runner's took an early start) so I decided not to care and enjoy it. Did I mention this was a small race? Not hard to be last place. Luckily with all the 50K'rs out there I wasn't  the last one to cross the finish line. I had fun and finished which was my goal.

Scott - Sorry bout ds's game. Will they play later?

SIAR - Great job on your run today! It's always a confidence booster when they feel good like that. As for getting chilled while chatting at aid stations, I run hot so no, not cold while chatting. I didn't get chilled until 30 minutes or so after I finished. There wasn't anywhere to change at the race so I threw my dry clothes on over my wet clothes. My friends and I drove to a fancy grocery store for some food and coffee. The gal working saw me shivering, became concerned and asked, "Are you cold, honey?"  Yes!  I went in their bathroom, stripped off all my wet clothes, replaced the dry clothes and walked out carrying my wet clothes. I'm sure folks were wondering what on earth I was doing. Lol. I felt better though!  And warm.

CC - Glad you're feeling good. Seems you've healed up pretty well after that spill you took. Sorry about the missing/broken items.

Jodi - Enjoy your 18 miler!

Marco - Don't pack up those running tights yet. Wink Was there even anyone else outside to give you the "weird runner guy" looks? Stay warm!

Jackdyl - Tough runs are what make us runner's, right? We probably learn the most from those sorts of runs. Good job.

jojo61397

PO, I get long run/post marathon insomnia too.   I have found Tylenol PM helps.

Jodi

PR:

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub- 125 pounds