Patti678- 7/4- Peachtree Road Race 10K: goal: PR

August:

Patti678- 8/23 & 24- Hood to Coast- 199 mile relay with 10 person team

September:

SprinklesRunner - Date TBD - Wineglass Marathon

October:

November:

SprinklesRunner - 11/3 - NYC Marathon

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
    Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Has Broken Parts

Best wishes to Joe who is racing as I type this. Run like the wind!

Another down day for me whoo!  I'm soooo tempted to just go get a few miles in!  I won't but the temptation is there.

Have a great Saturday all!

Finally PRed!!!

Morning!

Hope Joe is having a great race so far!

Scott: not running is hard! 

I'm drinking coffee now, was out a little later than expected last night, so getting the coffee in is crucial. Meeting up a little later this morning with one of the running groups. Should get in maybe 6-7 total. Hope everyone has a great day!

PRs: 5K: 22:31, 10K:46:43, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:38:20

Julia1971

All in for Boston

Good luck, Joe!  Looking forward to your race report.

Scott, have they given you an idea of how long you need to rest your foot?  Are you allowed to do cross-training?

JoJo, I hope your son is feeling better today.

SIAR, I only included the more common race distances in my signature.  My PR for the 8K is 34:42 run in March 2011 but I ran a 34:09 5-Miler on Thanksgiving. 

I'm planning to do 6 miles easy and some strides today.  At some point today, I need to go pick up my packet for the 8K I'm running tomorrow and then I'm going to do some shopping.  I have two holiday parties coming up this week and don't have much to wear.  It seems like all I buy these days are running clothes.  The 8K tomorrow is a fairly flat course so I'm hoping to go sub-34.  If I can run a low 33, I might be in the running for an AG award.  We'll see...

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. - Anais Nin

Has Broken Parts

Julia, I haven't seen anyone but my primary care who spent a grand total of 2 minutes in the room with me.  Of course the appointment took an hour but that's how it usually goes, right?  Anyway, she looked at it for a second, wrote me orders for an x-ray and sent me on my way.  After I called in for the results (negative) my instructions were to rest it for "a few days" and if it didn't feel better to go back to her (fat chance) or make an appointment with a podiatrist.  My podiatrist is great, but busy.  I SHOULD have scheduled the appointment right away but didn't so now I have to wait until Thursday.

I probably could have used the elliptical yesterday but got worried about making things worse.  I have a history of getting hurt and then being too impatient to let it heal before coming back and then getting re-injured.  I'm trying not to do that again.

Julia1971

All in for Boston

Scott, resting it sounds wise.  Thursday isn't that long to wait for an answer from a doctor you trust.  But, it's good know it doesn't appear to be a stress fracture.  I had one of those in college and from what I remember, it took a long time to heal.  Hang in there!

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. - Anais Nin

Bad Ass

Morning!  6 miles tonight.

Good luck to Joe!!!!!!

Scott, that sucks.  Hope you get answers soon.

Have a nice day!

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Next:  RnR Country Music Half Marathon

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

CompetitiveChik

Hey guyz, another rest day for me. Im gettin antsy for tomorrow. Weather doesnt look the best but it should be cloudy and spdinklin. Im gonna wait till the morning to decide what goal I wanna try for. A part of me really wants to try and bq to see what Im made of. (There aee so many back home rootin for me to bq) But Im thinkin 3:45 would be better cause I could run with the pacer and know (hopefully) that I'll be on target for a huge pr.

Dec 23 - Apocalypse Survivors Half Marathon

Jan 13 - Houston Chevron Marathon

Feb 17 - Austin Half Marathon

March 2 - Woodlands Marathon

jojo61397

Scott- hopefully you start feeling good enough to run soon

not too swift-- I don't know how you and my husband drink coffee before a run, it upsets my tummy

Julia-- have a great 6, I'll give an update later on my son

D-- hope you have an uneventful 6 miles tonight

CC-- I know, my race is 5 weeks out and I'm already antsy Smile.

I did 5 very interrupted miles on the treadmill.  I got up "early" hoping no one would be awake while I ran, and it seemed like every 5 minutes a kid or a dog needed something.  Anyway, got it in.  DH is out doing 20-24 miles right now, and should be back. Unfortunately, the odd symptoms have finally manifested themselves into an illness.  My son has pink eye and a sinus infection.  This means three things: 1.  We have to cancel two Christmas parties-- the unit Christmas party and Knight's of Columbus Christmas Party, 2.  We will be going BACK into an urgent care to get medication Sad, and 3.  My daughter's birthday is today, and we won't be able to do anything as a family with her.  

On a positive note, for those that don't know, I'm a Weight Watchers Leader/Counselor.  We launched a new program called Weight Watchers 360, part of the program is this thing called active link, which uses forward and backward momentum and calculates your "activity" points.  Well, my boss, gave me permission to download and use active link (costs $5.00 a month).  So basically I got a free subscription.  Oh and I'm down another 2 pounds this week, which makes 2 more pounds until my "ultimate weight loss" goal.

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
                    Sub- 1:45 hour half.

markrice

Geezer trying for speed

Good morning all. 6 miles on tap for me.

GO JOE GO!!!

Hilltopper - I have some ASICS Gel Blur 33 also... they feel heavy and stiff to me still and I have 142 miles on them.

ImNotScott - good resistance man!

NotTooSwift - Coffee... must go get some. Nice to have a running group there.

Julia - Good luck in that 8k tomorrow. 

Hi Docket

Jojo - Ouch. sorry for the pink eye interruptions, and for your son. Ugh. Nice re the subscription.

Anyone could see races, etc. on www.markrice.com/running.

I believe in HR training: www.markrice.com/running/heart_rate_training.html

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Happy Saturday all.  I got a wonderful amount of sleep last night, it was great.  As my mileage goes up I definitely find that I need some good 10-11 hour sleep nights.  I'll get out later for 6 or so with 4x8sec hill sprints after, then this evening I'm doing the readings at church so I need to practice a little.  The last time I did the reading I said "Lurd," instead of "Lord," which got a good chuckle.  Will not be doing that again ha.

Pressing...How could you not like the cowboys really?  I loved when they converted their money incorrectly.  If I remember right they got pesos when they were going to Argentina, or something of that nature.  Funny stuff.  I'll put my picture at the end of this post...although everyone else is going to wonder why they heck my weird picture is here.  It was a show your running legs thread...

Hill...Yes, I actually hate streaks!  I get suckered into them very easily, which scares me.  You're right though, 4 easy miles aren't enough to hurt any of us - we are super runners ha.  It looks like you're doing a great job rebuilding your mileage.  I agree completely that a lot of it is mental.  Oh, sorry that the shoes felt a little stiff too.  Let us know if they get any better.

Competitive Chick...Hey, so nice to see you again!  We'd love it if you guys came back to posting on here.  It seems super easy and totally devoid of problems.  If you're getting a packet I'm assuming you're racing, so good luck!  It's hard to set the time goals sometimes.  I'd say just be honest with yourself about where you think your fitness is.  If you think you can do the BQ then don't worry about the pacer.  I missed a BQ in my last marathon because going sub 3 was more important to me...when I blew up I missed my BQ by 7 minutes ha.  So, if the PR is most important to you, maybe it's best to just focus on that.

NotScott...That's odd that it was feeling better and then went downhill again.  I guess that's just how injuries work.  Isn't it annoying when it takes so long to get an appointment?  Are you going to take off until you see the doc Thursday?

Jodi...Sorry about the ER trip and your son still not feeling well.  Hopefully you can get some good meds and put him on the mend.  That's too bad about all the stuff you're going to have to cancel.  Life stinks sometimes.  Good job getting your run in amidst all the stress.  What is your husband training to run these days?

NotSwift...I'm glad you had a good time with your new group.  I'm sure they'll appreciate having you as much as possible.  The lights sounded pretty.  How was your tempo run in the evening?  I'm still adjusting to doing doubles, but haven't found them difficult as of yet.  Enjoy the 6ish later.

Marco...We gotta get you some vacation - I think work is impacting your running and we can't have that.

Mark...Nice job doing the 10 last night even when you were busy.  The owls sounded really cool.  I see a lot of hawks on my runs, and love when they let me run under them as opposed to flying off.  Nice job on the mileage PR too, and have a good run today.

Julia...Do you race a lot then?  I'm fairly scared of racing as I'm really injury prone, so I don't do it nearly as often as I'd like.  My 5k and 10k PRs are soft relative to my fitness, but I'm afraid to risk my marathons just to improve them. I would think you win a good amount of AG, if not overall, awards with your speed?   I'm guessing we're either in the same AG, or you're one behind mine...sometimes the 25-29 and 30-34 AGs actually seem easier to win than the older ones.  At first I thought you were doing Christmas shopping, but then I realized that you're shopping for yourself ha.  At least you should have some good sales to choose from.  I think most of us have more running clothes than life clothes at this point.

Docket...Have a great 6 amongst the Miami palm trees.

Beth...Hope you're have a good weekend so far.

Ok, this is because Pressing asked!

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Bad Ass

Yay, CC made it here!

Do we have stalking capabilities for Joe and for Rachel?

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Next:  RnR Country Music Half Marathon

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

CompetitiveChik

Tracking will be posted to my fb page.

CompetitiveChik

SIAR - those are some of the things I've been thinkkn about. But I have all these ppl rootin for me to bq. However, Im not sure if I wanna risk a blow up with the way the weather is suppose to be. But if todays weather is suppose to be like tomorrow then I should definately have a nice pr.

markrice

Geezer trying for speed

RUN DONE: 6 easy recovery miles

SoImARunner - Thanks, and Awesome re the sleep! I did too so can really relate. Good luck with the reading. Cool pic!

Hi Docket.

Anyone could see races, etc. on www.markrice.com/running.

I believe in HR training: www.markrice.com/running/heart_rate_training.html