Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner 1/1/2013 - Happy New Year! (Read 155 times)

Has Broken Parts

January:

Joe1775 - 1/5 - Phunt 50K, Elkton MD

JodisRuningForAutism - 1/12-1/13 - Goofy Challenge

Docket_Rocket - 1/12-1/13- Goofy Challenge

Didgeridroo - 1/13 - Disney Marathon- Goal: TBD

pmhill6 - 1/13- Disney Marathon

CompetitiveChik - 1/13 - Houston Chevron Marathon

Not too Swift - 1/21 - MLK Day 5K

Patti678 - 1/26 - PolarBear 5K

Docket_Rocket - 01/27 ING Marathon

February:

PressingOn - 02/16 - Woolley Trail Run Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 02/17 - A1A Marathon

CompetitiveChik - 2/17 - Austin Half Marathon

Runnrchic - 02/24 - New Orleans Marathon - Goal: break 4:34

GregTR - 2/24 - Cowtown Marathon - Official 3:10 pacer

March:

Patti678 - 3/2- Albany Marathon, Albany GA

CompetitiveChik - 3/2 - Woodlands Marathon

JodisRunningForAutism - 3/3 - Seaside Half Marathon Destin, FL

not too swift - 3/3 - Intown Ten (10K) Road Race

Docket_Rocket - 03/09 - 13.1 Miami Beach

Julia1971 - 3/16 - Rock n Roll USA

jojo61397 - 3/17 - Publix Atlanta Marathon - Goal: Sub-4:00 hour

Patti678 - 3/17 Publix Half Marathon, Atlanta GA

Not too Swift - 3/17- Georgia Marathon

athensguy - 3/17- Georgia Marathon

RVDowning - 3/17 - Shamrock Marathon

ImNotScott - 3/17 - Shamrock Marathon

Joe1775 - 3/23 - Haulin' in the Holler 50K

onemile - 3/30 - Egg Shell Shuffle Half Marathon

April:

Docket_Rocket - 04/07 - Marathon Paris

joe1775 - 4/13  - Glacier Ridge Trail Ultra 50

Docket_Rocket - 04/14 - Key Biscayne Half Marathon

marco59 - 4/15 - Boston - goal: 3:05

markrice - 4/15 Boston - goal sub 3:15

GregTR - 4/15 - Boston

onemile - 04/20 - Carmel Marathon

Xrayman: 4/21: Lansing Marathon

GregTR - 4/21 - London Marathon

SIAR - 4/28 - Glass City Marathon

GoneFishing - 04/28 - Big Sur, CA

May:

hilltopper91 - 05/05 - Broad Street Run

jackdyl11 - 5/5 - New Jersey Marathon

Joe1775 - 5/5 - Flying Pig Marathon, Cincinnati OH

Docket_Rocket - 05/07 - Puerto Rico Marathon

Patti678 - 5/11 - Gulf Coast Half Ironman, Panama City Beach, FL

RVDowning - 5/11Lake Wobegon Trail Marathon

SprinklesRunner - 5/19-Run for the Red Marathon

June:

Docket_Rocket - 06/13/2012 - San Francisco Marathon

July:

Patti678- 7/4- Peachtree Road Race 10K: goal: PR

August:

Patti678- 8/23 & 24- Hood to Coast- 199 mile relay with 10 person team

September:

SprinklesRunner - Date TBD - Wineglass Marathon

GregTR - 9/29 - Berlin Marathon

October:

GregTR - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

November:

SprinklesRunner - 11/3 - NYC Marathon

GregTR - 11/3 - NYC Marathon

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
    Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Has Broken Parts

I can't believe I'm the first one on today.  Everyone must have stayed up late.

I am headed out for 12 after I finish my coffee and a light breakfast.  Have a good day all and Happy New Year!

jackdyl11

Happy New Year!

I ended the year right yesterday by winning my 10k in 34:33.  First time I've won a race over 5k.  It was a little slower than I expected, but I'll take it.

Today I just have 8 easy to recover.

Has Broken Parts

Jack - Congrats on the win and enjoy your easy 8. Let me know if you want any races added to the calendar.

My Grand-puppy decided to wake up and demand attention as I was getting ready to go run. DW and I are puppy sitting for DD while she is away for a couple days.  Rather than let him wake the whole house I've put my run on hold for a couple hours to let everyone sleep a while longer.

He's really cute:

Julia1971

All in for Boston

Happy New Year!  So far, so good for 2013.  I fell asleep before midnight but woke up to the sounds of late-night partyers (I live across the street from a few bars) and firecrakers.

Scheduled to do a 15 mile medium run today.  I'm front-loading the hard runs this week as I'm planning on racing a 10-miler on Saturday.  It's a little early for a tune-up race, but, the pickings as slim for winter races.

And, if they're open, I'm going to swing by another running store on my continuing quest for a winter running jacket.  I ordered two the other day but got an email that one of them is out of stock.  Grrrr!

Scott, I'm following the same routine.  Hope you have a nice run.  So, has your foot issue completely resolved itself?

Jack, that's awesome!  Very impressive time.  And, the 10K is a tough distance to race, IMHO.  Did you get a cool prize for finishing winning the race??

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. - Anais Nin

Good morning,

10 slow ones done in 25 deg weather.  Tomorrow our wind chill is supposed to be -15 during the day.  I may wait until mid-morning to run.  Should be a slow day at work as Wal Mart on our side of the border is closed, I think?  Even some of the gas stations in Canada I saw this morning were closed.

Scott--that is a cute dog.  Hope you have a good 12 and I did stay up late....almost until 11!

Julia--Have fun with the 15.  I am doing the opposite...hoping to pile on the miles this weekend, when it is a bit warmer

Has Broken Parts

Julia - Thanks for asking.  Yes, the foot issue has gone entirely. I think it was a just bruise from overly tight laces.

My natural tendency is to try and ignore pain and just run through it. That's been a big mistake for me in the past and I didn't want to repeat it. At the same time I also didn't want to lose a lot of training and waste money on visits to the doctor if I didn't have to.  It looks like running through it was the right guess this time, but it was really just a guess.

jackdyl11

Julia - Long story.  There was a 5k that started at the same time. The 10k basically looped the 5k course twice.  Apparently a lot of people signed up for the 10k but only ran the 5k, which confused the timers.  They somehow managed to get the women's places right, but culdn't straighten out the guys.  The winner they called out supposedly ran 29:50.  While that is obviously a plausible 10k time, it isn't for the crowd that showed up yesterday.  Plus I think I would remember the guy sprinting ahead of me at 4:50 pace.  We had to wait around in the cold for over an hour before the awards anyway, and when I saw they weren't going to be able to figure it out any time soon, we just left.  I have a 3 month old and a 2.5 year old, who were getting pretty cold (although there was a bouncy house which was keeping my older one busy).  So, I don't know what the prize was.  Hopefully they straighten it out and mail it to me.  There was a cool looking trophy which I was really excited about, but that was apparently a team award.

By the way, I know I won because there was no one in front of me at the half way point to the end (except for the 5kers I caught up to).  I swear I'm not lying!

Julia1971

All in for Boston

Julia - Thanks for asking.  Yes, the foot issue has gone entirely. I think it was a just bruise from overly tight laces.

My natural tendency is to try and ignore pain and just run through it. That's been a big mistake for me in the past and I didn't want to repeat it. At the same time I also didn't want to lose a lot of training and waste money on visits to the doctor if I didn't have to.  It looks like running through it was the right guess this time, but it was really just a guess.

I hear ya.  It can be hard figuring out when an injury is serious.  I'm glad it worked out...  One of the running experts on the main board, Nobby, has posted in the past about a way to lace your shoes to avoid foot injuries.  Here's one of the threads.  Might be worth trying out if it's a reoccuring problem.

Julia1971

All in for Boston

Julia - Long story.  There was a 5k that started at the same time. The 10k basically looped the 5k course twice.  Apparently a lot of people signed up for the 10k but only ran the 5k, which confused the timers.  They somehow managed to get the women's places right, but culdn't straighten out the guys.  The winner they called out supposedly ran 29:50.  While that is obviously a plausible 10k time, it isn't for the crowd that showed up yesterday.  Plus I think I would remember the guy sprinting ahead of me at 4:50 pace.  We had to wait around in the cold for over an hour before the awards anyway, and when I saw they weren't going to be able to figure it out any time soon, we just left.  I have a 3 month old and a 2.5 year old, who were getting pretty cold (although there was a bouncy house which was keeping my older one busy).  So, I don't know what the prize was.  Hopefully they straighten it out and mail it to me.  There was a cool looking trophy which I was really excited about, but that was apparently a team award.

By the way, I know I won because there was no one in front of me at the half way point to the end (except for the 5kers I caught up to).  I swear I'm not lying!

How confusing.  But, kinda funny that people were changing their minds about wanting to run 10K.  My BFF won't run looped courses for because she hates seeing the finish line but not being done.  She would have been one of those people changing to 5K...  They'll probably send it to you (or ask you to come pick it up).  I hope it's something neat.

Finally PRed!!!

Hi everyone!

Scott: hope you had a nice 12.

jack: congrats on the win, that's a great time. Hopefully they can fix that about the times and send your award.

Julia: hope you have a good 15.

marco: great job with the 10.

I'm planning about 4 slow recovery miles later. Legs are feeling heavy still, so just a little very easy running should be just what they need.

Have a great New Year's Day everyone!

PRs: 5K: 22:31, 10K:46:43, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:38:20

Bad Ass

Morning!  Everybody was asleep when I went out to run and I didn't open the thread (call me lazy).

15 miles this morning at 76% HR.  Weights tonight.

Scott, enjoy your 12.  Cute puppy.

jackdyl, congrats on the 10K win!

Julia, good luck with your 15.

marco, your 10 slow I'm sure are faster than my fast.  Awesome job.

swift, enjoy your recovery miles.

Happy New Year, everybody!

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Next:  RnR Country Music Half Marathon

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

PressingOn

Hey all!  Happy New Year!

I'll be back for personals later.  Getting ready to head out for my group interval run ... first run of the year!  However, since my group isn't meeting today, I will be taking my dh with me.  Let's see if he can keep up!  LOL!

Julia1971

All in for Boston

Marco, I can't wait to read about your run tomorrow.  -15?  I can't even imagine.  When I want to complain about it being cold, I'm going to try to think of you and Just B.S. and keep going.

Swift, enjoy the recovery run.

D_R, I bet the gym will be crowded today but have fun lifting weights.

Pressing, hope you took it easy on DH.

Bad Ass

I don't go to a gym.  I do them at home.

And screw the weights today.  I spent the afternoon having lunch with DH, watching a movie, and I'm already drinking.  I'll wake up early and do them tomorrow.

Marco, I can't wait to read about your run tomorrow.  -15?  I can't even imagine.  When I want to complain about it being cold, I'm going to try to think of you and Just B.S. and keep going.

Swift, enjoy the recovery run.

D_R, I bet the gym will be crowded today but have fun lifting weights.

Pressing, hope you took it easy on DH.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Next:  RnR Country Music Half Marathon

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."