Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner - 2/20/13 (Read 15 times)

Just Keep "Tri" ing

Hi guys and gals!!      Power stayed on all day! Yipee!LOL

Tutu's, t-shirts, headbands and wands are all finished and ready to go!!

Need to finish packing and get on the hamster wheel for 5 miles.

Doing 2 hours in the pool tomorrow morning to get my fix in. There are several pools at the resort but don't know

if/when we will actually use the pool.

Best part is that I can now go with a huge load off my mind. We had an appointment today at  which we got news

that several weeks of tests have shown that a health issue that could have been very bad isn't at this point as

critical as we thought. More tests to come to get to the bottom of the issue but I have a lot more hope today.

I had considered cancelling my trip depending on what the news was today.

I know I'm being a bit cryptic but right now I don't want to reveal too much except to say that swimming and running

have kept my mind occupied and kept me from going crazy from anxiety the last few weeks.

I'll be back in the a.m. to say goodbye!

8  Marathons   26 Half Marathons  9 Duathlons  6 Triathlons

Marathons in Canada/USA/Bermuda/Ireland  Next country - Austria Sept 2014

Marathon 4:10:48 Half Marathon 1:57:44 10K 55:44 8k 42:27 5k 25:27

Julia1971

All in for Boston

Proud of myself for completely my double.

Not proud of myself for driving the to gym which is only 3 blocks away.  LOL!

JoJo, I hope the new schedule works out.  If you really enjoy it, it would be a shame if you had to give it up.

Jack, It really is a lovely run.  I particularly like it on days like this when I get to catch the sunrise.

SIAR, I missed the Amazing Race!  And for some reason, my Tivo didn't record it!  I did read some online forums and others agreed that this new group is pretty obnoxious.  Something about taking a penalty instead of doing a challenge?

CC, W00t!  I'm glad you're getting excited about the race.

D_R, Hey!  Hope you got your run in.

Swift, Yeah, I would think fartleks would be good in windy weather.

Just B.S., Glad to hear you got a load off your mind and will be able to better enjoy the weekend...  It sounds like you all have a great time planned.  I hope you take lots of pictures so we can see these outfits.

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. - Anais Nin

Finally PRed!!!

Julia: Great job with your 15, and nice pace! That's a nice pic.

jojo: Awesome that you had a great 8, great pace for you too! Nice the CrossFit is helping so much.

jack: Hope you have a good 13.

SIAR: Great job with your ladder workout! Hope the group run was good.

CC: Great job with the speed and XT.

Docket: Hang in there with the busy days at work.

B.S.: Glad the mysterious medical thing is turning out to be not as bad as thought--hope you have a nice trip. The costumes sound great.

It turns out I did not make it to my group run because of an annoying snafu that came up just at the wrong time. I saw I wasn't going to be able to make it to the store on time, so I just did the run on my own and banged out 6 miles at MP. Sometimes being pretty annoyed can fuel a great run. I was happy that the pace felt so good, since I'm right now sitting at 72+ on the rolling 7 day. That will change tomorrow when I have a rest day! Have a great evening, everyone!

PRs: 5K: 22:31, 10K:46:43, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:38:20

Finally PRed!!!

Julia: x-posted--Great job completing your double, even if you did drive 3 blocks to the gym.

PRs: 5K: 22:31, 10K:46:43, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:38:20